AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:29 AM

Spoiler

That's an interesting idea. I'd quite like to have a realistic, darker Mario game. I wouldn't want all future Mario games to be like this though.

#22 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:24 AM

I would like to see another sequel to New Super Mario Bros. Wii like the tech demo New Super Mario Bros. Mii that was at E3 2011. Plus I would like to see a new Mario 3D traditional platformer like Super Mario 64 because we have not had a 3D Mario platformer like Mario 64 since. Mario Sunshine had FLUDD with water power ups, Mario 64 DS was a remake, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 had gravity and Mario 3D Land will be more in the style of the 2D games with end of the level flagpoles and no health meter. I like all of these games and there unique features but I want to see a sequel of sorts to Super Mario 64 with the same gameplay style but with new characters, even more power stars and a new story.

#23 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:54 PM

-

Edited by BassDropper, 05 September 2013 - 01:58 AM.

#24 bloop2424

bloop2424

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:00 PM

They need a super mario 64 sequel, but this time, you are against Luigi
I mean seriously, Luigi as had 1 game of his own and will get another

So the base where you choose levels is peach's castle, but after you rid the evil Luigi of her castle, it is time to infiltrate Luigi's castle, which is much harder with enemies all around in his castle

Good stuff AMIRIGHT?
Posted Image
Click my license if you would like some shiny nickles.

#25 nintendofreak247

nintendofreak247

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros.

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:49 PM

So the base where you choose levels is peach's castle, but after you rid the evil Luigi of her castle, it is time to infiltrate Luigi's castle, which is much harder with enemies all around in his castle

Good stuff AMIRIGHT?

If they had Luigi as the villain in a game, I don't think he would be the same kind of villain that Bowser is. Luigi wouldn't take over Peach's castle, because he doesn't want to hurt Peach. He just wants to get back at Mario for never letting him shine. I can see Luigi becoming Bowser's sidekick and trying to hinder Mario's quest, but in the end, he snaps out of it and joins Mario in a final battle against Bowser.
Posted Image

#26 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:19 AM

Good stuff AMIRIGHT?

I don't like the sound of that. I think Luigi should always be a good guy. On a side note, I simply cannot stand Waluigi.

Edited by NinjaShock, 17 August 2011 - 04:22 AM.

#27 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:00 AM

I don't think that Luigi should ever be a villain. He's always been on Mario's side, so I can't see him joining Bowser.

#28 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:06 AM

Luigi + Bowser? No thanks.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#29 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:01 AM

Yeah... The Idea of Luigi joining Bowser doesn't exactly thrill me.
Posted Image

#30 bloop2424

bloop2424

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:32 PM

Luigi + Bowser? No thanks.

Luigi overpowers bowser because he treats him how mario treats him? YUSH

I don't think that Luigi should ever be a villain. He's always been on Mario's side, so I can't see him joining Bowser.

Silly silly, you don't choose your enemies
And a heel turn is exactly what he needs for one game

We can't have bowser and bowser jr every time
Posted Image

#31 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

Luigi overpowers bowser because he treats him how mario treats him? YUSH

Silly silly, you don't choose your enemies
And a heel turn is exactly what he needs for one game

We can't have bowser and bowser jr every time

It just isn't right. Luigi has NEVER been shown to have negative feelings towards Mario, and if he did it would ruin their image. As for choosing your enemys, yes you can - Nintendo does every time. And about you saying "we can't have bowser every time", yes we can - I and many others would be perfectly fine with that.

#32 bloop2424

bloop2424

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:36 AM

It just isn't right. Luigi has NEVER been shown to have negative feelings towards Mario, and if he did it would ruin their image. As for choosing your enemys, yes you can - Nintendo does every time. And about you saying "we can't have bowser every time", yes we can - I and many others would be perfectly fine with that.

What? So Mario will always have the brighter light and Luigi should just be OK with that? No, I wouldn't be, if it were me, I would want my time. I only want one game for him as a heel, and anyways, what about Wario, we have not seen enough of him. Bowser can have Super Mario 3d Land and the next game, but give someone else the spotlight.
Posted Image

#33 Neoxon

Neoxon

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:20 PM

This is Mario we're talking about, I'm sure it'll be great. Though, as much as I loved the Galaxy series (I truly loved those games), maybe it's time to get the creative juices flowing in rapids more & think of a new idea for Mario.

What I'm most curious about is the art direction for Mario, given that he's gonna be in a 1080p game. Will he look similar to Brawl with more detailed clothing while maintaining his cartoony look, or will they go the CGI-like route? In my opinion, I'm open to either of the 2 (but I'm sure they know what they're doing).

#34 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:03 PM

This is Mario we're talking about, I'm sure it'll be great. Though, as much as I loved the Galaxy series (I truly loved those games), maybe it's time to get the creative juices flowing in rapids more & think of a new idea for Mario.

What I'm most curious about is the art direction for Mario, given that he's gonna be in a 1080p game. Will he look similar to Brawl with more detailed clothing while maintaining his cartoony look, or will they go the CGI-like route? In my opinion, I'm open to either of the 2 (but I'm sure they know what they're doing).

We saw in Galaxy that, even on a 480p console, Mario games look great, I think, keeping a similar art design as Galaxy, or even the same as Sunshine, could look absolutely amazing in HD. I think that if they can keep the other look going when Smash Bros. comes to Wii U.

#35 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:34 PM

give someone else the spotlight.

... Luigi Mansion 2?

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#36 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:45 AM

POPULAR

Consider for a moment that every main-series Mario platformer we've ever seen has been made to take advantage of its system's strengths. Super Mario 64 re-imagined Mario's world in full 3D on Nintendo's first console that could handle that. Super Mario Sunshine took advantage of the GameCube's raw power to deliver massive, sprawling, beautiful worlds and lots of puzzles built around its water physics. The two Galaxy games could not have happened without the Wii Remote's pointer.

Following that pattern, it's only logical to assume that Super Mario U will be tailored to deliver an experience conceptualized for the Wii U, and nothing but. The main things the Wii U has going for it are its HD graphics (and horsepower beyond any console on the market right now) and the touchscreen controller (possibly online, too, but I'm not gonna count on that yet for hopefully obvious reasons). I'm having a hard time imagining how the touchscreen could really further the Mario experience, but there is so much potential in the number-crunching side of the system, I'm surprised there isn't more speculation about it.

Think about this for a moment: the Wii U, with its 25 GB discs and processing power, has the ability to bring us a fully realized Mushroom Kingdom. It would be a natural evolution of the non-linear gameplay of Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine; except that the entire world could now be realized as one continuous entity - no level select screens, no loading, nothing. Imagine being dropped in front of Peach's castle, with Mario's entire world waiting to be explored. You could travel to different towns, meet NPC's, perform errands for them, and also do whatever the game uses to track your progress (not sure if collecting Power Stars would still work).

Yes, it would be mashing Mario together with gameplay elements of Zelda and Metroid, but I can't see how that's a bad thing. It would certainly be a "riskier" Mario game for Nintendo to produce, but really no more so than Zelda: Skyward Sword. The idea of an open-world Mushroom Kingdom would be taking full advantage of at least one of the Wii U's defining traits - something that the Mario series is well known for. Now, Nintendo and the industry as a whole have been moving towards more linear, guided experiences so I don't know how good the chances of an open-world Mario game ever coming to fruition really are. But come on, it would be like GTA with Yoshis, power-ups, and Nintendo's amazing art teams. Who wouldn't want that?

#37 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:25 AM

Spoiler

An open world Mushroom Kingdom in HD would be great. Especially if the Wii U could manage it without any loading screens when you enter a new area. Your idea actually sounds a little bit like an Animal Crossing game, in the sense that you could meet NPCs and run errands for them. I also feel that the gameplay would be very different from any previous Mario game, so I'm not sure if Nintendo would make a game like that. As you said, some games are becoming more linear. Super Mario 3D Land is one example of that. If they did make a game like this, I'm sure it would be great though.

#38 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:47 AM

An open world Mushroom Kingdom in HD would be great. Especially if the Wii U could manage it without any loading screens when you enter a new area. Your idea actually sounds a little bit like an Animal Crossing game, in the sense that you could meet NPCs and run errands for them. I also feel that the gameplay would be very different from any previous Mario game, so I'm not sure if Nintendo would make a game like that. As you said, some games are becoming more linear. Super Mario 3D Land is one example of that. If they did make a game like this, I'm sure it would be great though.

I'm thinking something more along the lines of a marriage between GTA and Super Mario 64. Super Mario 64 2, basically. It would indeed be quite a drastic step for Mario, but as long as the focus is kept more on the exploration and platforming than the sidequesting, I think the open-world aspects of such a game would work wonderfully.

Nintendo designing their games for their consoles goes for Super Mario 3D Land, too, by the way. They've said that they've tried to re-adapt the Mario formula for a true pick-up-and-play portable experience where you're able to enjoy five minutes of Mario whenever you like. Making a game in the same style on what very well may be the best console yet for open-world games would be a bit of a waste.

#39 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:06 AM

I'm thinking something more along the lines of a marriage between GTA and Super Mario 64. Super Mario 64 2, basically. It would indeed be quite a drastic step for Mario, but as long as the focus is kept more on the exploration and platforming than the sidequesting, I think the open-world aspects of such a game would work wonderfully.

Nintendo designing their games for their consoles goes for Super Mario 3D Land, too, by the way. They've said that they've tried to re-adapt the Mario formula for a true pick-up-and-play portable experience where you're able to enjoy five minutes of Mario whenever you like. Making a game in the same style on what very well may be the best console yet for open-world games would be a bit of a waste.

So...a non-RPG Paper Mario?

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#40 bloop2424

bloop2424

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:40 PM

... Luigi Mansion 2?

2 games? Not enough.

Luigi just needs 1 heel run, it doesn't have to be out of jealousy, it could be... a conspiracy
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mario

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!