#61 Starrgrl24

Starrgrl24

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Kirby and myself

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:47 PM

First off: I highly doubt that the Mario series will be dark. It was meant to be all colorful, bright, exciting and lighthearted. Besides, I like it that way. Also, Luigi kinda sorta was villain at Super Paper Mario...but honestly I wouldn't really want luigi to be villain. Bowser should just be villain for old time sake. Stick with the traditional to avoid the old school mario fanboys from going crazy. If you want storyline, let that be for the next Mario & Luigi rpg game. :P

I am hoping for there to be FLUDD. I missed that lovable water squirter sooo much! At least let there be a level in which FLUDD can be used! I beg Nintendo to bring him back! D: I would like the game to be more open world much like...SM64 and SMS. Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 were too linear in my opinion, especially 2. It'd be nice to just let the player have more choice. It is what makes 3D awesome anyways.

#62 bloop2424

bloop2424

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:16 PM

First off: I highly doubt that the Mario series will be dark. It was meant to be all colorful, bright, exciting and lighthearted. Besides, I like it that way. Also, Luigi kinda sorta was villain at Super Paper Mario...but honestly I wouldn't really want luigi to be villain. Bowser should just be villain for old time sake. Stick with the traditional to avoid the old school mario fanboys from going crazy. If you want storyline, let that be for the next Mario & Luigi rpg game. :P

I am hoping for there to be FLUDD. I missed that lovable water squirter sooo much! At least let there be a level in which FLUDD can be used! I beg Nintendo to bring him back! D: I would like the game to be more open world much like...SM64 and SMS. Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 were too linear in my opinion, especially 2. It'd be nice to just let the player have more choice. It is what makes 3D awesome anyways.

Well I was not thinking Luigi directly, maybe king boo overshadows weegee so he can look like him but think differently (ties from LM2 perhaps?)
And if u want traditional, then Donkey Kong vs Mario would be it

Also, if FLUDD would return, then it would prolly be Super Mario Sunshine 2 which I have no complaints on that idea :D
Posted Image
Click my license if you would like some shiny nickles.

#63 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:09 PM

Let the sunshine return!

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#64 rtacow

rtacow

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:44 PM

That would be so cool

Thats awesome it would be cool if they made Super Luigi. Luigi is epic

Edited by AMAC, 03 September 2011 - 02:38 AM.
Removing repeated parts.

#65 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

I'm Glad NSMBMii is a Tech Demo because it is certainly the DUMBEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD. I SWEAR it looks like a fan hack.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#66 TSUKEMA_TSUKERU

TSUKEMA_TSUKERU

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:56 AM

Open world like SM64, Companion like Sunshine and planetoid/gravity style levels like Galaxy would make it perfect, for me at least.
"This news fills my heart with rainbows!"

#67 Makar

Makar

Grand Curator of Random Facts

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Pikmin, Tales of..

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:18 AM

I can't wait! I hope we don't have to wait too long after launch for this title to see the light of day.

I'd like an open world Mario game like Sunshine but I'd like to see elements of NSMBW in it so that if a second player joins you they're not practically useless like in SMG and SMG2, I'd also like to see a really unique twist like in SMG and Sunshine, also I'd like to see if a second player joins that the Wii U controller changes in that, it has information and moves that helps player two and the player two with the Wii mote has things that will help player one so you have a unique team work game when someone joins, unlike in NSMBW where you spent most of the time trying to one up your friends.

Edited by Makar, 11 September 2011 - 07:19 AM.

Posted Image

#68 Fire Mario

Fire Mario

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario! Pokemon, Kirby, and much more.

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:54 AM

There already making one for the 3DS. I'm so happy it's coming to the Wii U. It's got to be unique and different from the 3ds one. This reminds me. I hope there's a Super Mario Sunshine 2 for the Wii U. It's been nearly a decade since it released so it would be nice if it came out next year but we don't know anything yet. I hope there are 8 worlds like the previous games.
Posted Image

#69 The Video Gamer

The Video Gamer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:51 AM

I'm hoping for Super Mario Galaxy 3 or Super Mario 64 2, maybe both.

Edited by The Video Gamer, 18 September 2011 - 07:51 AM.

#70 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:18 AM

Or maybe a game that has both planet based levels like Galaxy and open world levels like in 64. That would be pretty epic.
Posted Image

#71 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:41 AM

The closest we will get to Super Mario 64 right now, from the looks of it, is Super Mario 3D Land.

#72 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:08 PM

Or maybe a game that has both planet based levels like Galaxy and open world levels like in 64. That would be pretty epic.

Like Super Mario Sunshine? It didn't have planet based levels, obviously, but it had open world levels and then "Secrets" which were linear levels. We need to go back to that at least for Super Mario Wii U.

The closest we will get to Super Mario 64 right now, from the looks of it, is Super Mario 3D Land.

Except it's not really anything like Super Mario 64. It's designed to be linear at its core. In the Iwata Asks Miyamoto describes it exactly that way. It's designed to be linear so more people can get into it.

But Super Mario Galaxy is already like that? So I don't understand... =/

If they can afford to make two Super Mario games for the Wii, they could afford to make one linear and one with open worlds next time around. Hopefully. I already get enough 2D linear gaming as it is. I want my Super Mario games to be open worlds. They can stick with the linear 2D format for New Super Mario Bros.

Edited by Envy, 18 September 2011 - 03:10 PM.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#73 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:45 PM

Like Super Mario Sunshine? It didn't have planet based levels, obviously, but it had open world levels and then "Secrets" which were linear levels. We need to go back to that at least for Super Mario Wii U.

Except it's not really anything like Super Mario 64. It's designed to be linear at its core. In the Iwata Asks Miyamoto describes it exactly that way. It's designed to be linear so more people can get into it.

If they can afford to make two Super Mario games for the Wii, they could afford to make one linear and one with open worlds next time around. Hopefully. I already get enough 2D linear gaming as it is. I want my Super Mario games to be open worlds. They can stick with the linear 2D format for New Super Mario Bros.

Actually, they made 3: Galaxy 1, Galaxy 2, NSMBW

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#74 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:15 PM

Actually, they made 3: Galaxy 1, Galaxy 2, NSMBW

No, they made two, because I was talking about the Super Mario series (Super Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1+2), not the Super Mario Bros./New Super Mario Bros. series.

I can't help but think that my point may have been missed, because I actually mentioned New Super Mario Bros. right afterward. =/

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#75 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:15 PM

From what I heard, it's a blend between Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 64, and New Super Mario Bros.

Edited by nintendo3DS, 18 September 2011 - 04:16 PM.

#76 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:56 PM

No, they made two, because I was talking about the Super Mario series (Super Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1+2), not the Super Mario Bros./New Super Mario Bros. series.

I can't help but think that my point may have been missed, because I actually mentioned New Super Mario Bros. right afterward. =/

Your point wasn't missed, but regardless of what you think, Super Mario 64 was linear. Most missions required to pick that mission to order to complete it, otherwise you couldn't do it.
Also, The super mario series umbrella series contains every game with the words "Super Mario" in it, regardless of what you think. However, it is broken into seperate sub series

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

#77 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

Your point wasn't missed, but regardless of what you think, Super Mario 64 was linear. Most missions required to pick that mission to order to complete it, otherwise you couldn't do it.

There's a difference between that kind of linear and Super Mario Galaxy/Super Mario 3D Land/2D Mario linear.

Also, The super mario series umbrella series contains every game with the words "Super Mario" in it, regardless of what you think. However, it is broken into seperate sub series

"regardless of what I think"? If you knew what I meant than you had no reason to even point that out. It's irrelevant anyway. When I said Super Mario series, I meant the 3D titles, and if you knew what I meant you knew that was irrelevant to point out.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#78 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:13 PM

Now, now, don't be fighting. :|

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#79 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:41 PM

Now, now, don't be fighting. :|

Hey, I'm not the one who took what was debate and is claiming that things are irrevelant when their statement could have been worded better IMO.

#80 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

Still doesn't mean you should carry on. The first to turn the other cheek is the smartest person. ;)

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mario

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!