#1 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Highly considering this, anyone grab it? I'm only worried about buying digital because I've had freezing issues so I'm reluctant to buy without further knowledge with my issues.

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

I'm definatly thinking of getting this it looks awesome :D

#3 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

I do not have it, but I really want this too!

I can tell you that I played the previous game, Nano Assault, for the 3DS and loved it.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#4 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Get trine 2 first

#5 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

I have Trine 2 on 360 and honestly don't like it. It looks fantastic and would generally be my type of game, but I found it too slow paced and boring.

#6 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

...the graphics look nice.

#7 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

I was but then found out its only digital and its $10 lol.
Im not a fan of digital downloads. But hey who knows i may just buy it. I do like it.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

I was but then found out its only digital and its $10 lol.
Im not a fan of digital downloads. But hey who knows i may just buy it. I do like it.

Shin en only does digital downloads, as they are a 5 man dev team. Apparantly every member is a super genius.

Some information on SHin en.

They are Third party, although they only release games under the Shin en label for Nintendo consoles.

They work on optimizing middleware for all three major consoles, to major companies like activision and eidos.
They work on software optimization for some of the most powerful mainframe and super computers in the world for Neon.

They have been making games for over 20 years, yet have only made three game engines, simply named, A, B, and C.

A was made for commador and amiga, and later converted over to a gameboy color engine. B was a gameboy advance engine, notable for iridion I and II, and C is the current engine which they originally made for Nanostray on DS. Yes, this same engine that was used for Nanostray DS

Posted Image

is the one used in fun fun minigolf for wii ware:
Posted Image

Jet Rocket for wii ware:

Posted Image

fast racing league wii ware

Posted Image

and the same engine used in the wii u eshop game Nano assault Neo

Posted Image

Nano assault Neo only uses one core of the wii u cpu, despite having thousands of simultaneously moving objects and characters.

The large majprity of the games assets, including models textures and height maps are proceduraly generated, this means they arent stored in rom, which means the game is only a Hundred Mb download.

They had the game running in full 1080p, but found when sitting on the couch several feet away from the TV the difference in resolution was negligable. They took the extra 200% fillrate required to go from rendering 720p to 1080p and used it on more post op effects of a higher resolution, this was much more noticable to those sitting on the couch.

They effectively make use of Wii u's memory heiarchy, using the 1GB set aside from games as a large cache for the faster memory tiers to read and write from, as such, despite being the best looking game on wii u, with by far the highest resolution textures on all layers, and having to procedurally generate the said assets and textures, the game loads levels instantly 'like playing an snes cart'.

Edited by 3Dude, 26 November 2012 - 05:54 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

Check it out in action here:

Graphics look fantastic and the game looks pretty fun if your into that sort of game :)

Edited by ianh05, 26 November 2012 - 06:17 AM.

"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#10 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

You should absolutely get it if you like twin stick shooters. It reminds me a whole lot of super stardust but it looks so much prettier and has a ton more depth.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#11 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:34 AM

I ended up downloading last night. The game is awesome, a little difficult at first but I quickly adapted. It does look fantastic also.

#12 astro_zombii

astro_zombii

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

Just downloaded, My God this game is beautiful! Lots of fun too

#13 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

I wouldn't recommend it for people with weak stomachs though :P
"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#14 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

Just downloaded this game and I gotta say the graphics look insane! The picture is so crisp. It was kind of hard to get used to at first (didnt know how to shoot my guns lol) but I quickly adapted to the gameplay and I gotta say its really fun. Havent tried 2 player yet but will try tomorrow. The only thing is I get a little dizzy playing this lol.

#15 Oblivion165

Oblivion165

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

It claims to have Online Multiplayer which it does not so be warned.

#16 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

It claims to have Online Multiplayer which it does not so be warned.

Where does it advertise online co-op? Everywhere I look it only says Online leaderboards and local multiplayer. I remember reading an interview regarding online multiplayer and the developers said that they wanted the hit detection to be perfect, and possible lag due to internet connection issues would ruin the game for some.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#17 jetmanuk

jetmanuk

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

Love this game. Its like super stardust hd and geometry wars, but better. So good visually. I've def enjoyed it more than trine 2. I highly recommend.

Wii U - jetmanuk
Xbox360 - jetman uk
PS3 - Sold it, so no point putting here is there?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!