• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

I read the code of conduct and no where did I see a reason for this drawing to be deleted.

Posted Image

Wow dude that is seriously awesome, I love DBZ and I love your drawing, wish I could draw like that, maybe the admin was jelly of your far superior drawing skills :D

#22 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Nice picture of Bang Shishigami, dude.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#23 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

Nintendo doesn't like nipples, everyone knows that. It's because Miyamoto was born without nipples he is disgusted by the sight of them.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#24 Manny T. Starr

Manny T. Starr

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, LoZ, Pokemon

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

Keyword "his" it's not a she, so it wouldn't be considered nudity.

That's not the case. I see a lot of DB drawings, and none of them get deleted. They did make DB games for the Wii, and you can watch DB videos on Youtube and Amazon.

We can rule out nipples being the cause because my Bruce Lee drawing has not been touched.

Posted Image

I will never understand why this is so enforced.
And I can't really think of any reason as to why that awesome drawing would be taken down. =/

#25 Hari

Hari

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    you

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Too sexy for Miiverser

#26 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

They removed it because it's leaking the DBZ game on the Wii U.

#27 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

Keyword "his" it's not a she, so it wouldn't be considered nudity.

That's not the case. I see a lot of DB drawings, and none of them get deleted. They did make DB games for the Wii, and you can watch DB videos on Youtube and Amazon.

We can rule out nipples being the cause because my Bruce Lee drawing has not been touched.

Posted Image

Well, clearly Nintendo wants less Toriyama art and more awesome bruce lee pics.

I dont know man. Only thing I can think of is copyright? Maybe they deleted yours because it actually looked like Toriyamas dragon ball characters and the others were crappy enough to not be in copyright/trademark danger?

Random bruce Lee fact, did you know this dude could take a seventy pound weight, hold it at his side, and with his arm straight the whole time, raise it up striaght out in front of him, until it was parallel to the ground, and then hold it, no shaking, for over a minute?

That man was something else.

Edited by 3Dude, 26 November 2012 - 04:24 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#28 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragonball/Z/GT, CBB, FMA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

Well, clearly Nintendo wants less Toriyama art and more awesome bruce lee pics.

I dont know man. Only thing I can think of is copyright? Maybe they deleted yours because it actually looked like Toriyamas dragon ball characters and the others were crappy enough to not be in copyright/trademark danger?

Random bruce Lee fact, did you know this dude could take a seventy pound weight, hold it at his side, and with his arm straight the whole time, raise it up striaght out in front of him, until it was parallel to the ground, and then hold it, no shaking, for over a minute?

That man was something else.

Another fact, he was the only man to put an actual scar on Chuck Norris's face. He truely is the Godfather of MMA.

#29 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

Probably some Anime or DBZ hater reported your drawing.

#30 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

They don't want Toriyama to sue them.
:o

Toriyama had nothing to do with SSJ4 or GT, I doubt he'd care.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#31 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

Just as he came up with the "Z" title, Toriyama came up with the name "GT" as well. In his Dragon Box GT intro, he says that "in car lingo, GT means 'Gran Turismo': a fast, high-powered car, in other words. But in this case, I had GT mean 'Grand Touring', a great journey, since the scenario was that they'd be running around the universe." The GT Perfect File Vol. 1 mentions that the name could also mean "Galaxy Touring", though this doesn't seem to have been Toriyama's intention.

Besides coming up with the title, Toriyama also drew a rough design for the GT logo, which is shown on page 82 of the GT Perfect File Vol. 2 and was reprinted in the Dragon Book included with the Dragon Box GT. His design was essentially the same as what the logo ultimately ended up looking like.

Posted Image
Original Draft

Posted Image
Anime Appearance

Toriyama designed the "several years later" appearance of the main DragonBall GT cast, including the infamous moustache-blighted Vegeta, which were featured in the GT Perfect File Vol. 1 on page 89:

Posted Image
GT Main Character Designs

In addition to these black and white designs, Toriyama also made several color pictures of Goku, Pan, and Trunks. The first is simply a colored version of the above pictures of them. There's also a stand-alone picture of Goku using alternate colors than what he ended up having in DragonBall GT: orange shirt and blue pants, instead of blue shirt and orange pants.

Posted Image
Colored Draft #1

Posted Image
Colored Draft #2

Toriyama's design for Giru was originally printed in Weekly Jump No. 52, 1995. It's been reprinted in Daizenshuu 7 and the GT Perfect Files, though the Perfect Files reprint lacks Toriyama's notes. Apparently Giru was not named at this point, and was simply labeled as the "Meddling Robot".

Posted Image
Giru Design

Toriyama designed the spaceship which Goku and co. use to hunt for the dragonballs throughout the universe. Like his Giru design, Toriyama's spaceship drawings were printed in Weekly Jump No. 52, 1995, and later reprinted in Daizenshuu 7 and the GT Perfect File Vol. 1. They include fairly detailed notes, which unfortunately are left out of the Perfect Files reprint.

Posted Image
Spaceship Design

Toriyama drew three (that we know about) color pictures of Goku, Pan, and Trunks adventuring on various alien planets. The first two were, as you might guess by now, printed in Weekly Jump No. 52, 1995, and were later included in Daizenshuu 7 and the GT Perfect Files. The first shows the gang on Planet Mommath, hiding behind a giant glass bottle as giants curiously check out their ship. Planet Mommath and the giants appear in DragonBall GT episode 6. The next picture shows them on the desert planet Kahra (possibly a pun on kara, meaning "empty"). This picture strongly resembles Planet Ruhdeze, seen in DragonBall GT episode 16. Finally, Toriyama made a third GT picture for a calendar included in Weekly Jump No. 3/4, 1996. It shows Goku and co. beating up a bunch of aliens on a mysterious planet, none of which were used in DragonBall GT.

Posted Image
Planet Sketch #1

Posted Image
Planet Sketch #2

Posted Image
Planet Sketch #3

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p543/Se7en25/1249339-toriyama_ssj4_dragonbox_super.jpg

Edited by PRP777, 26 November 2012 - 07:58 PM.

#32 SNES

SNES

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

Nice picture by the way.
Although it might sound ridiculous, I think what Noonabites said is the best bet. Nintendo are going out of there way to try and achieve a user friendly Miiverse... too user friendly, some might argue.

I'll take that over booting up the system and seeing pegasus generator pictures everywhere. It's also why I turn off any online voice features when I'm not playing with friends, because the majority of the time it's just people acting stupid, nerd raging and swearing up a storm. It may be a public system, but it's Nintendo's service, and the last thing they need right now is news sensationalism about Miiverse corrupting our children (more than usual, anyway).

Edited by SNES, 26 November 2012 - 08:01 PM.

#33 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

Just as he came up with the "Z" title, Toriyama came up with the name "GT" as well. In his Dragon Box GT intro, he says that "in car lingo, GT means 'Gran Turismo': a fast, high-powered car, in other words. But in this case, I had GT mean 'Grand Touring', a great journey, since the scenario was that they'd be running around the universe." The GT Perfect File Vol. 1 mentions that the name could also mean "Galaxy Touring", though this doesn't seem to have been Toriyama's intention.

What are you trying to prove?
[font="Lucida Grande, , , Trebuchet MS, , Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif}"]Other than a couple of sketches and character designs, Toriyama had nothing to do with GT. Toei did all of the work and Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru drew SSJ4 Goku. He provided sketches of what he envisioned GT as, it wasn't the final product. [/font]

Edited by Zinix, 26 November 2012 - 08:18 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#34 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

perhaps someone who doesn't know DBZ thought the drawing was of a girl due to the long hair and reported it.
"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#35 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

What are you trying to prove?
[font="Lucida Grande, , , Trebuchet MS, , Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif}"]Other than a couple of sketches and character designs, Toriyama had nothing to do with GT. Toei did all of the work and Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru drew SSJ4 Goku. He provided sketches of what he envisioned GT as, it wasn't the final product. [/font]

"Toriyama had nothing to do with SSJ4 or GT, I doubt he'd care."

To say this minus SSJ4 is not true. That was my point, and he actually did like the character design of SSJ4. So much so that he drew a picture of the form, and signed it for Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru to show his appreciation of the series. When the company owns a franchise, and they decide to make a sequel with the blessing of the original creator like it or not we must accept it.

Edited by PRP777, 26 November 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#36 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

If you look at his torso upside down and squint.... you totally drew a pegasus generator using his abs and chest

#37 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

Seriousness is now defined by allowing people to use your service to draw mango characters.

No. But nintendos consoles will not be taken seriously if they are too strict, they will be considered a console only for young kids. If men's nipples can be shown on BBC any time of day then nintendo are being far too strict for deleting the drawing for the same reason.

#38 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:36 AM

No. But nintendos consoles will not be taken seriously if they are too strict, they will be considered a console only for young kids. If men's nipples can be shown on BBC any time of day then nintendo are being far too strict for deleting the drawing for the same reason.

serious by whom?
Children who want to draw pegasus generatores on a message board?
Or by parents who want to give their children a toy?

I know, but Goku is still his character.
And the OP signed it as his own.

Edited by Nollog, 27 November 2012 - 02:39 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#39 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

Okay, I know many are having issues with how strict Nintendo seems to be about MiiVerse, but Nintendo is aimed as a family friendly company... wouldn't it be safe to comply to all ages?

#40 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

serious by whom?
Children who want to draw pegasus generatores on a message board?
Or by parents who want to give their children a toy?

I didnt say people should be able to post whatever they want, i said that nintendo seem to be "too strict" at times

Edited by Hunter, 27 November 2012 - 03:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!