YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

Rich ‏@RichIGN

In less than two years the Nintendo 3DS has surpassed lifetime sales of the GameCube, 2/3 of the N64 and nearly half of SNES. Interesting...
Expand Collapse

* RetweetedRetweet
* Delete
* FavoritedFavorite

https://twitter.com/RichIGN

I'm glad that the 3DS is selling excellently, it's an amazing handheld with a lot of potential.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

Nintendo can you PLEASE! make a 3ds cleaning kit. The dust in the hinge is DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#3 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

I don't know about excellently. It is selling pretty good though. No doubt it may surpass the N64. I hope to see more 1st party games soon.

I love how the 3DS and DS all surpassed the PSP and PS VIta though. The PSP has some games that still sell in Japan so..

2lvmghw.png

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

Now all it needs is some games that aren't Mario-related.

List off the 10 or so Non-Mario games that are worth buying on the 3DS and you'll win a cookie, but still missing my point.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

List off the 10 or so Non-Mario games that are worth buying on the 3DS and you'll win a cookie, but still missing my point.

There's plenty of quality titles that aren't Mario games.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 MyNameIsMatt

MyNameIsMatt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

Even with the numbers, I really don't regret trading mine in within 6 months. There isn't anything what interested me then, and only a couple of games now.

Also good to see that handhelds are still valued :)

#7 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Just because you or me may not like all of them doesn't mean they aren't there. The 3DS is slowly amassing a pretty good library.

Edited by Blasty, 28 November 2012 - 01:54 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

Just because you or me may not like all of them doesn't mean they aren't there. The 3DS is slowly amassing a pretty good library.

I own 4 Mario-based games for 3DS and want another 4 that I'm not content with the prices yet to buy.
The problem isn't that I don't like or want them, it's that almost every game worth buying so far have been based on the Mario franchise.

Metroid, and original zeldo, kirby, pokemon, get some of those out. A pikmin would be interesting maybe.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

It's not hard to name 10 games worth owning on the 3DS that don't involve Mario, as I own most of them because I haven't been too interested in a Mario game other than Kart and 3D Land.

I do want to see more 1st party titles that don't include Mario, however... Is Kid Icarus:Uprising the only one we've gotten so far?

Edited by Noonabites, 29 November 2012 - 03:34 AM.

#10 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

#1: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
#2: Resident Evil: Revelations
#3: Kid Icarus: Uprising
#4: Monster Hunter Tri G (Yes, I know it's not out in 2/3rds of the world yet, but you didn't say it had to be released, so... :P )
#5: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure
#6: Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy
#7: Pushmo
#8: Metal Gear Solid 3(D)
#9: Dillon's Rolling Western
#10: Mighty Mudds
BONUS ANSWERS! 8D
#11: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
#12: Etrian Odyssey IV

Do I get my cookie now?

It's not hard to name 10 games worth owning on the 3DS that don't involve Mario, as I own most of them because I haven't been too interested in a Mario game other than Kart and 3D Land.

I do want to see more 1st party titles that don't include Mario, however... Is Kid Icarus:Uprising the only one we've gotten so far?

Well, we've gotten Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Pilotwings Resort, and then there's the various eShop offerings.

Edited by GameCollector, 28 November 2012 - 02:14 PM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

#1: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
#2: Resident Evil: Revelations
#2.5 MIGHTY SWITCH FORCE
#3: Kid Icarus: Uprising
#4: Monster Hunter Tri G (Yes, I know it's not out in 2/3rds of the world yet, but you didn't say it had to be released, so... :P )
#5: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure
#6: Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy
#7: Pushmo
#8: Metal Gear Solid 3(D)
#9: Dillon's Rolling Western
#10: Mighty Mudds
BONUS ANSWERS! 8D
#11: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
#12: Etrian Odyssey IV

Do I get my cookie now?

Well, we've gotten Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Pilotwings Resort, and then there's the various eShop offerings.

Layton belongs to Level5, a 3rd party.
You're counting eshop games? :|
I know pullblox is good and so are a few others by third parties, but they're not as ... full gamey as full games are.

Cookie is already on your computer.

Edited by Nollog, 28 November 2012 - 02:19 PM.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

Layton belongs to Level5, a 3rd party.
You're counting eshop games? :|
I know pullblox is good and so are a few others by third parties, but they're not as ... full gamey as full games are.

Cookie is already on your computer.

Well, you said name 10 games that aren't Mario that're worth having on the 3DS. So yeah, I would count eShop games. :T A game is a game and all that.

...to be honest, I've always associated Professor Layton as a first party franchise and it was just developed by Level-5. Swap that for Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing then. :P

Also. THE COOKIE WAS A LIIIIIEEEEEE. D8

Edited by GameCollector, 28 November 2012 - 02:24 PM.

GameZombie44.png

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

Well, you said name 10 games that aren't Mario that're worth having on the 3DS. So yeah, I would count eShop games. :T A game is a game and all that.

...to be honest, I've always associated Professor Layton as a first party franchise and it was just developed by Level-5. Swap that for Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing then. :P

Well, if we're counting games not even out here yet and ports then we have like 8k games including the DS library and ambassador games, not to mention smash bros and metroid 3ds. :3 such a great system!

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Chaotix

Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Nintendo can you PLEASE! make a 3ds cleaning kit. The dust in the hinge is DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!

Just use baby wipes and it works all the time.

eEG8Ies.png

#15 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

Remember how much doubt there was for the 3DS?

Industry analysts are a joke...

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#16 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

Sweet, im glad its selling so well. I LOVED the Gamecube... in my opinion is was the best of the time. My argument is Star Wars Rouge Squadron an RE4...

3DS is so awesome, bet when they get some way to integrate 3DS and Wii U connectivity i bet it will sell alot better. People who own Wii U that dont own 3DS might go out and buy one. Id love to see some sort of remote play option similar to PS3 and Vita. (controlling Wii U menus with 3DS while over wifi)

Edited by Jeremygts, 28 November 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#17 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

FIRE EMBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for that game! We should of got it this year, but oh well I guess.

#18 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

Industry analysts are a joke...

You know what the funny thing is? I give better predictions about the gaming industry than the analysts do...and they're being PAID to analyze these things. :I

GameZombie44.png

#19 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

Pokemon Rumble Blast, Legend of Zelda OOT, Pilotwings, etc.

#20 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Pokemon Rumble Blast, Legend of Zelda OOT, Pilotwings, etc.

Should've been more specific, I meant 1st party titles that weren't remakes, like Kid Icarus.

But yes, Pilot Wings and Pokemon Rumble Blast would be on the list... though it's still :/ compared to all the Mario titles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!