• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

Hi, I am thinking about getting a hardshell case when I get my Wii U and want to know if you guys think it would be worth it?

If we accidentally drop the GamePad we are screwed as I imagine the price for a new GamePad will be expensive so would it be worth the extra protection or a waste of money?

Has anyone got a hardshell on your GamePad yet and how are you getting on with it?

Here is a link of one I like the look of:

http://www.amazon.co...54484178&sr=8-4

#2 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

It comes with a stand... so does my Wii U... what's the point? It's not like anyone with a basic set would want a black case...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#3 markusjayjay

markusjayjay

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Do not see the point. Superwaste.

Posted Image

Nintendo Network ID: markusjayjay

#4 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

I have an orange nerf armor on mine. It's actually pretty comfortable and adds a tiny bit of grip

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

If you get that let me know if it's matte and as comfortable to hold as without it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 One_Jay

One_Jay

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

I am waiting on Hori coming out with their clear protector for the Wii U Gamepad.
I love Hori's products have a bunch of them for other consoles. Does not come out in the UK untili 10th Dec - according to Amazon UK
http://www.amazon.co...54491365&sr=8-5

Hopefully it is out in the US would be nice to know if it works with the charge stand without the need to remove the protector.
Nintendo Network ID: One_Jay

#7 tanooki

tanooki

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

I have the invisishell and have no complaints with it

#8 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

i dont use anything. its like any device. just take care of it.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

Do they sale this in America?

#10 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

I got the clear one from Target, for like $15. Has a built in stand in the back. Clamshell design. Should protect against scratches and I'm imagine any kind of "regular" drops as well (read: not being thrown in the air outside to come smashing back down on concrete).
Posted Image

#11 markusjayjay

markusjayjay

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

Cant belive that someone whould buy this to save it from damage, my guess is that people buy it for the look. Its the same with phones.

Posted Image

Nintendo Network ID: markusjayjay

#12 JB90

JB90

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

I really don't get the need for them. It's not as though there is any exposed glass like on a iPhone. They'll be a hit with kids when undoubtably the sky landers ones come up. But, each to their own!

#13 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

I got the orange and black nerf armor also..... it didnt look very appealing to me at launch, but it was really the only thing out.....actually pleasantly surprised....looks awesome........i got mine completely for the look. I love the bulkiness of a case...same thing with my i phone lol.....dont know what it is but i think it looks coole rwith a case.

#14 Lethal

Lethal

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

It comes with a stand... so does my Wii U... what's the point? It's not like anyone with a basic set would want a black case...

Not everyone has a stand. And the case does come in the color white.........

Is there a reason for negative posts in this thread? The OP clearly wants a case for his gamepad. I have children and may be looking for a case for my gamepad as well. Everyone is so quick to judge. I believe another reply is "I can't believe someone would buy this to protect from damage". Is it really that hard to believe?

A lot of criticizing around here, and not enough help...

To the OP, I think that case looks pretty good. I think I may even pick one up now.

Edited by Lethal, 03 December 2012 - 04:24 PM.

#15 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

Not everyone has a stand. And the case does come in the color white.........

Is there a reason for negative posts in this thread? The OP clearly wants a case for his gamepad. I have children and may be looking for a case for my gamepad as well. Everyone is so quick to judge. I believe another reply is "I can't believe someone would buy this to protect from damage". Is it really that hard to believe?

A lot of criticizing around here, and not enough help...

To the OP, I think that case looks pretty good. I think I may even pick one up now.

So then why is there a black version?.... topics like these make me think the Wii U is a handheld because people are looking for cases for it... I understand why you would want one for 3DS because it's small and has NO grip... but the gamepad is big ENOUGH...

And your avatar is disturbing.

Edited by yoshinin10d0h!gamer9, 03 December 2012 - 04:48 PM.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#16 Lethal

Lethal

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

So then why is there a black version?.... topics like these make me think the Wii U is a handheld because people are looking for cases for it... I understand why you would want one for 3DS because it's small and has NO grip... but the gamepad is big ENOUGH...

And your avatar is disturbing.

Why is there a black version? Not sure where you are getting at?

The gamepad is not indestructible. This is why people may want to take extra precautions...

My avatar is disturbing? I can see how shorts could be disturbing.. Would you rather I had an avatar of a man in a speedo?

Edited by Lethal, 03 December 2012 - 05:06 PM.

#17 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

Why is there a black version? Not sure where you are getting at?

The gamepad is not indestructible. This is why people may want to take extra precautions...

My avatar is disturbing? I can see how shorts could be disturbing.. Would you rather I had an avatar of a man in a speedo?

It's not indestructible, but it can survive a lot:

There's no point in there being a black version since I don't think a white gamepad and black case would look good... and anyone with a black gamepad already has a stand.

What do speedos have to do with anything?! Just change it to something that isn't your disturbing butt... or disturbing in general.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#18 Lethal

Lethal

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

It's not indestructible, but it can survive a lot:

There's no point in there being a black version since I don't think a white gamepad and black case would look good... and anyone with a black gamepad already has a stand.

What do speedos have to do with anything?! Just change it to something that isn't your disturbing butt... or disturbing in general.

There are some that may think a black case on a white gamepad is cool looking. And I doubt anyone is buying it for the stand since it's main purpose is to protect the gamepad from scratches or falls.

Is there a difference between speedos and these shorts? Neither of which are disturbing.

#19 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

There are some that may think a black case on a white gamepad is cool looking. And I doubt anyone is buying it for the stand since it's main purpose is to protect the gamepad from scratches or falls.

Is there a difference between speedos and these shorts? Neither of which are disturbing.

Did you not watch the video?... it still worked after words... just change that picture... it disturbs me mentally...

sfOI1m6.jpg

#20 Lethal

Lethal

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Did you not watch the video?... it still worked after words... just change that picture... it disturbs me mentally...

It does not matter what the video shows lol. You think that video is a reason to tell people they do not need a case to protect their gamepad? A case helps protect against fingerprints and scratches. It could also be used to simply keep someone from worrying about what could happen.

My picture does not disturb me mentally at all lol. I like those Nintendo shorts, and there is nothing wrong with them. Sorry you do not approve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!