13 replies to this topic

#1 Jigsaw27

Jigsaw27

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

Hey Guys !

I´m playing Zombie U since last friday and i really like it, but i´m dying just too often. Do you have any special techniques ?
I hate that cricket bat. I can hit them like two or three times an then the almost always get my while lunge out.
With the "normal" gun it still takes forever to kill a zombie. Isn´t a headshot enough?

Any hints ?

Thanks

#2 SILV3RSCORPION

SILV3RSCORPION

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Borderlands , Metroid Prime

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

Hey Guys !
I´m playing Zombie U since last friday and i really like it, but i´m dying just too often. Do you have any special techniques ?
I hate that cricket bat. I can hit them like two or three times an then the almost always get my while lunge out.
With the "normal" gun it still takes forever to kill a zombie. Isn´t a headshot enough?
Any hints ?
Thanks

Iv'e found personally that creating a bottleneck using doorways or obstacles is the best way to take em down. If you get overrun use a flare or molatov & get the hell outa dodge ;)
Posted Image
NNID - SILV3RSC0RPI0N

#3 bulgysiren

bulgysiren

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

Hit back up swing get close hit and rinse and repeat iv been able to fight 3 zombies at same like that with cricket bat

#4 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:07 AM

When using the cricket bat i usually go through the same process:

Ready my cricket bat and wait till the zombie gets close. Then i strike them making sure i aim for the head. Then i just move back a few metres and repeat. It can take a good few hits to take the zombie down.

When using pistol, i prefer to shoot them in the leg. Then, when they are on the ground finish them with my foot or cricket bat. If you dont follow that technique then it can take up to 3 headshots with pistol.

Obviously sometimes when there are several zombies this isnt possible and it is best to use a flare and then molotov or grenade.

#5 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

When using pistol, i prefer to shoot them in the leg. Then, when they are on the ground finish them with my foot or cricket bat. If you dont follow that technique then it can take up to 3 headshots with pistol.

^^This is smart and im going to start doing this.

That ammo is too valuable for me to be capping these zombies in the head 3 times :P and i never thought about shooting them in the legs... but it makes sense... Gonna start breaking some zombie kneecaps >:3

#6 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

:P
I have ammo to waste

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#7 WiiUWiiUWii Like a Cop Car

WiiUWiiUWii Like a Cop Car

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Capcom, EA

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

Lead them to a space where you must crawl to get through..
They are now on the ground and vulnerable to one hit kills..

Power up your regular hand gun first and you can kill with one headshot..

#8 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

I spend most my time running and try not to get in a situation where I have to face off against multiple undead. However when I do - I agree that Flares and Motolov cocktails are the way to go. I learned my lesson right after leaving the Supermarket when I tried taking down the electric zombie and then tried running when I found the situation futile, I was beat to the door by a zombie climbing over the brick wall in the alley and needles to say...I didn't make it. Ever since I've been extra smart and take my time. I find rushing in this game is a bad idea, if I have to leave or something I pause and let it sit because anytime I try rushing to a sewer cover to make it back and save..I make dumb decisions that usually result in death.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#9 Izombie

Izombie

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, WoW, Diablo, Mario

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

Best way I've been taking out zombies is moving slow and line of sight pulling when possible. Knowing the layout of the room and where zombies are is key. Crossbow when I can and know zombie types. I made the mistake of hitting the first gas take wielding zombie I saw with the bat /instadeath

Wii U Addy: Izombie
Desktop: Dell XPS 8600 SE w/Intel i7 quad core 3770, 12gb dual channel ddr3 1600mhz ram, 2gb AMD Radeon 7870, 2tb 7200 HDD with 32gb ssd, 24" 1080p LED display
Laptop: Alienware m14x w/Intel i7 quad core 3610qm, 6gb dual channel ddr3 1600mhz ram, 1gb Nvidia 650m, 500gb 7200rpm hdd, killer n wireless card, 14" 900p LED display

1553735_o.gif

#10 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

I scan everything so that way it shows up on the map and the screen. Then i do the run and hit if there is alot of them. hit one and run then turn around and hit the, again.

That bottle neck works good to. Just dont back yourself into a wall.
Also time your hit with the cricket. Prep it and keep it like that. Then hit them and they will move back and you move back also till your person is ready to hit again.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#11 Omarsonic9

Omarsonic9

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

Seriously dude... You can get help from people on Miiverse!

sig.gif

#12 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

I spend most my time running and try not to get in a situation where I have to face off against multiple undead. However when I do - I agree that Flares and Motolov cocktails are the way to go. I learned my lesson right after leaving the Supermarket when I tried taking down the electric zombie and then tried running when I found the situation futile, I was beat to the door by a zombie climbing over the brick wall in the alley and needles to say...I didn't make it. Ever since I've been extra smart and take my time. I find rushing in this game is a bad idea, if I have to leave or something I pause and let it sit because anytime I try rushing to a sewer cover to make it back and save..I make dumb decisions that usually result in death.

Hah, ye that supermarket electric zombie shat me up! Icame out, took 1 look and and thought no thanks..I ran like the clappers and somehow made it the sewer, with about 4/5 zombies chasing me..back at the safe house I thought yay..rest time..I didn't save though coz I triggered the hord..big mistake. They ripped through 3 survivors that day :(

I saved it after that and haven't been back on yet lol, need to build up the courage again! It was too much in an hour all that!

Edited by RolledUp20s, 04 December 2012 - 04:36 AM.

#13 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

Hah, ye that supermarket electric zombie shat me up! Icame out, took 1 look and and thought no thanks..I ran like the clappers and somehow made it the sewer, with about 4/5 zombies chasing me..back at the safe house I thought yay..rest time..I didn't save though coz I triggered the hord..big mistake. They ripped through 3 survivors that day :(

I saved it after that and haven't been back on yet lol, need to build up the courage again! It was too much in an hour all that!

Lol yeah I went through the same thing man !
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#14 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

I havn't tried bottlenecking but I will now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!