Photo

How much life do you think the DS has left?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:16 AM

Not much longer, I'm afraid.
The 3DS and the DS are now the same price... Which means that, after this next batch of DS games are done, there is no excuse to NOT switch to 3DS.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#22 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

...Me... me.. too...
Actually, it's in my local GameStop, but it's kind of expensive and I'm saving for my 3DS so...

I have the same problem. I can order it over amazon, but it's gonna be kinda expensive and I'm saving for lots of games on the 3DS.

(Bit Trip Saga, Cave Story, Tales of the Abyss, Super Mario 3D land, Mario Kart, Sonic Generations, Kid Icarus. Also I'm saving for Skyward sword and Kirby Returns to Dreamland. As you see, I'm gonna need enough money to buy all of that.)

#23 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:13 PM

The 3DS and the DS are now the same price... Which means that, after this next batch of DS games are done, there is no excuse to NOT switch to 3DS.

Your talking about the DSi right? I think it's silly to sell the DSi and 3DS for the same price, people then might think that they both offer the same content but just that the 3DS has a analog pad and it's 3D. Plus the 3DS still has to go against the Vita. So yeah, I think the DS might not have very much longer.

#24 Katana_Strike

Katana_Strike

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:14 AM

Maybe in Canada but where I'm from the DS is still a good 50 quid cheaper, not only that but there is every excuse in the world not to switch to the 3DS.

#25 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:49 AM

Maybe in Canada but where I'm from the DS is still a good 50 quid cheaper, not only that but there is every excuse in the world not to switch to the 3DS.

Meant the DSi, sorry :(
...And it happens August 11th
And it's quite the opposite; There's just not enough drive for some people to be bothered to get it... There's no excuse NOT to, just no excuse to. Does this sound as confusing as it feels? >.<
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#26 Katana_Strike

Katana_Strike

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:54 AM

Meant the DSi, sorry :P
...And it happens August 11th
And it's quite the opposite; There's just not enough drive for some people to be bothered to get it... There's no excuse NOT to, just no excuse to. Does this sound as confusing as it feels? >.<

I understand what you're saying, there's not things bad enough to make people not want to get it but there's not enough good things to encourage them either, correct?

The problem is, is that the DS is still getting support and until it dries up people won't want to upgrade. Especially with the amazing back catolog of games the DS has.

#27 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:59 AM

I understand what you're saying, there's not things bad enough to make people not want to get it but there's not enough good things to encourage them either, correct?

The problem is, is that the DS is still getting support and until it dries up people won't want to upgrade. Especially with the amazing back catolog of games the DS has.

But that's the thing; Developers have no reason to STAY with the DS anymore, now that the prices are much more comparable. So while we will be getting games that were already in development, most projects will just be started on the superior successor to the console. Once one of the bigger franchises moves to the 3DS, we will see a huge migration of DS users. Pokemon will probably be the killer, but I see a few people changing over for Rune Factory and SMT:DS Overclocked...
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#28 Katana_Strike

Katana_Strike

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:14 AM

But that's the thing; Developers have no reason to STAY with the DS anymore, now that the prices are much more comparable. So while we will be getting games that were already in development, most projects will just be started on the superior successor to the console. Once one of the bigger franchises moves to the 3DS, we will see a huge migration of DS users. Pokemon will probably be the killer, but I see a few people changing over for Rune Factory and SMT:DS Overclocked...

That's true, Pokemon will definitely shift some 3DSs. I was expecting Ocarina of Time to do that as well but I guess it didn't pan out like that. Maybe an original Zelda game will get the 3DSs off the shelves. Rune Factory 4 and Kingdom Hearts definitely sold me! :3

I do disagree that you think it will be a natural migration of projects. The GameCube lost alot of series that were on it's console when the Wii released, Soul Calibur, Main Resident Evil titles to name a few.

#29 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:23 AM

That's true, Pokemon will definitely shift some 3DSs. I was expecting Ocarina of Time to do that as well but I guess it didn't pan out like that. Maybe an original Zelda game will get the 3DSs off the shelves. Rune Factory 4 and Kingdom Hearts definitely sold me! :3

I do disagree that you think it will be a natural migration of projects. The GameCube lost alot of series that were on it's console when the Wii released, Soul Calibur, Main Resident Evil titles to name a few.

But keep in mind that even though the Wii lost big series, The Wii ended up with some pretty good small games( Little king's story anyone?)

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#30 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:40 AM

But keep in mind that even though the Wii lost big series, The Wii ended up with some pretty good small games( Little king's story anyone?)

You do raise a good point.

#31 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:12 PM

I bet either till Holiday 2011, Middle of 2012, or Holiday 2012
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#32 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:26 AM

I bet either till Holiday 2011, Middle of 2012, or Holiday 2012

I'm thinking probably Holiday 2012.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#33 Guest_Lewnna_*

Guest_Lewnna_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

Plenty. Lots of games for the DS coming out, and not to mention a lot of people will still continue playing their Pokemon, Nintendogs, etc.. I think it's going to take a while before the 3DS really becomes a mainstream device (due to bad release) and beats the DS, and even after that the DS will still be popular, so it definitely, definitely has a long life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!