• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

There is a 99.9% chance the GamePad already has an ARM CPU in order to do the streaming in the first place.

Really? Cause they sure didn't find one in all the teardowns. I think this falls into the 99% of all internet statistics are made up category.
CURRENTLY PLAYING: ZombiU, Black Ops 2, Super Mario Bros U, Sonic Transformed

#22 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

I would hope to see a capacitive screen used if they were to offer an upgraded device for purchase. I was quite surprised with how responsive they got the resistive screens. It's superb for single presses but dragging can be annoying when you're trying to do it fast, i.e in Zombi U under pressure. I can take a few drags to get it to do what you want it to do but I am light fingered so it may just be me.

Maybe a home modification would be discovered which would allow the screen to be swapped out with a capacitive, I'd be up for that too B)

#23 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

Really? Cause they sure didn't find one in all the teardowns. I think this falls into the 99% of all internet statistics are made up category.

Posted Image

What is the chip in the yellow box right next to 256Mbit of flash memory?

We do not know for certain. But as it was highly rumoured that the Wii U had an ARM CPU somewhere I think its fair to guess that this little chip is likely to be the GamePad CPU and may very well contain an ARM core.

I'm quite surprised nobody has xrayed both the Wii U CPU and the gamepad unknown ICs yet, to see EXACTLY what they are comprised of.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 08 December 2012 - 03:02 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#24 MyNameIsMatt

MyNameIsMatt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

I don't understand the argument saying "there is no point in a HD screen that size." Screens smaller than that are HD, and imagine if the new iPhone or Galaxy S 4'had a SD screen. They would be criticised, so I think it would be worthwhile. However, I don't see this ever happening

#25 dyatir

dyatir

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros, Mario, Legend of Zelda

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

I read the word XL and gamepad in the same sentence(facepalm)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!