Photo

Wanna try the next version of IP.Board early?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

The next version of our forum engine, IP.Board 3.2, is on its way, and I've decided to give you all the chance to try out a beta of it before the real thing goes gold. Many changes have been made to the core software, so it might be a good idea to take a moment and get used to the new interface and all the new features it brings.

If you want to partake in the beta testing, register over at http://beta.thewiiu.com/ and read my full post about it here.

Enjoy the beta, and please share your thoughts about it!

#2 GunGoomba

GunGoomba

Friend of Bulbmins

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Mario, Peach, Zelda. Yoshi

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

Well, I'll be honest. I really like the fact that you can click the Notification Icon and be directed to whatever it is. It's really straight-foward and easy to use.
Posted Image

#3 Phones

Phones

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Fandom:
    TWEWY, KH, Phoenix Wright

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:14 PM

Well, I'll be honest. I really like the fact that you can click the Notification Icon and be directed to whatever it is. It's really straight-foward and easy to use.

Really? Good.
I really wanna try it, but I'll just wait for it to come. I don't really wanna go through all the hassle of registering.
Can you find 'em all?
Posted Image

#4 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:22 PM

Can't you do that here by just clicking the notifications list in the upper-right corner of the screen? Though it does seem to work far better in 3.2. :D

I really wanna try it, but I'll just wait for it to come. I don't really wanna go through all the hassle of registering.

3.2 has the most hassle-free registration I've ever seen.
Registration.png
I think you'll find it well worth taking less than a minute to sign up for the beta board - everyone's impressions of it are pretty positive so far.

#5 Phones

Phones

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

Ok, I might try, but, does it have its own threads and all that? Is it completely unlinked from here?
Can you find 'em all?
Posted Image

#6 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:40 PM

Yes, it has its own threads, most of them have been by Feld0. But me and Kirby started one though. Also, It's just a 'early look' on what this site will be updated to later, when it is available.

#7 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:50 PM

Ok, I might try, but, does it have its own threads and all that? Is it completely unlinked from here?

It's completely separate from here. The beta board has its own database and everything. The reason for that is because I will eventually delete it once IPB 3.2 actually comes out and I upgrade this forum to it. What you see there is meant for those who are itching to get a look at the new software before we move to it here.

By checking it out now, you can get a feel for the new interface and features, ask questions, and bring up problems before I force everyone this forum onto 3.2.

#8 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:21 PM

It's completely separate from here. The beta board has its own database and everything. The reason for that is because I will eventually delete it once IPB 3.2 actually comes out and I upgrade this forum to it. What you see there is meant for those who are itching to get a look at the new software before we move to it here.

By checking it out now, you can get a feel for the new interface and features, ask questions, and bring up problems before I force everyone this forum onto 3.2.

So, all posts and threads here will stay. Right?

If I understand what you mean, then just the layout will change, but nothing else. No data (posts, threads, profile backgrounds, and whatever else) will be lost.

I'll wait for it to be "officially" to be released, since there isn't much point in posting over there at them moment.

#9 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:32 PM

So, all posts and threads here will stay. Right?

If I understand what you mean, then just the layout will change, but nothing else. No data (posts, threads, profile backgrounds, and whatever else) will be lost.

I'll wait for it to be "officially" to be released, since there isn't much point in posting over there at them moment.

Absolutely no data will be lost when I upgrade the main forum to 3.2 (I pointed this out on the beta board, too). The layout and interface will be different, but every bit of our content will still be here. It's only an upgrade of the software running behind it all, not a reboot of the site and all of its data.

The primary reason I'm offering this beta right now is to reduce the number of "I can't find X!" and "I don't know how to do Y!"-type threads and messages that we're bound to get if I left the gold 3.2 to be everyone's first experience with it. I don't want to force changes upon everyone here too suddenly, especially considering that most of you come from a vBulletin world, and have already had to deal with one major interface change.

IPB 3.2 completely overhauls IP.Board's interface, so it will be a second major change for many of you. I just want to give everyone a chance to try it out and get used to it before we actually move to it. You don't have to join the beta if you don't want to, but you'll have an easier time with the eventual transition if you do.

#10 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:45 PM

Absolutely no data will be lost when I upgrade the main forum to 3.2 (I pointed this out on the beta board, too). The layout and interface will be different, but every bit of our content will still be here. It's only an upgrade of the software running behind it all, not a reboot of the site and all of its data.

The primary reason I'm offering this beta right now is to reduce the number of "I can't find X!" and "I don't know how to do Y!"-type threads and messages that we're bound to get if I left the gold 3.2 to be everyone's first experience with it. I don't want to force changes upon everyone here too suddenly, especially considering that most of you come from a vBulletin world, and have already had to deal with one major interface change.

IPB 3.2 completely overhauls IP.Board's interface, so it will be a second major change for many of you. I just want to give everyone a chance to try it out and get used to it before we actually move to it. You don't have to join the beta if you don't want to, but you'll have an easier time with the eventual transition if you do.

Good to know :D

I just wanted to be sure.

#11 Phones

Phones

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:46 PM

I'll join tomorrow. Coming from a vbulletin board it has been hard for me to adjust.
Can you find 'em all?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!