Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

As of now, the Wii U's big games are: Rayman Legends, Lego City Stories, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Pikmin 3, and The Wonderful 101. It's definitely not a bad list of exclusives, but how will they do in NA? Good or bad?

The 360 and PS3 has GTA V, Bioshock Infinite, and Tomb Raider coming out in the first half of 2013. Can the Nintendo titles compare to these? I doubt there'll be a Nintendo Direct announcing any new games, so we'll have to wait to E3.

It'll be an interesting 2013 to see how the Wii U fairs against the likes of established systems like the 360 and PS3.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

The only one I care about not getting is GTA V tbh, and in all the exclusives I'd rather have them then get GTA V.

2lvmghw.png

#3 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

i think if Nintendo manages to get more third party titles the wii u will be fine in the america's until the next Xbox is announced.

#4 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

In terms of sales, I think Lego City will continue the tradition of the Lego games and shell out some big bucks. The other games will have most of their sales come from fans of the games or big gamers. Considering the general gaming public knows nothing about Pikmin or Monster Hunter. But we'll see what they announce at E3 2013 and see what happens in sales terms with the new unannounced games.

#5 Spinal

Spinal

Blooper

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

i'm pretty sure it will do very well in 2013, and i don't think it will sink when xbox720 and ps4 comes out. People who buys nintendos consoles uselly do it for the exclusive titles, so they would buy them even if there was a million different other console out there to buy :) i'm waiting for Monster Hunter 3 atm.
Posted Image

#6 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

I think Nintendo will do fine until E3. After depends on what they bring to the table.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#7 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

From the dedication we've seen from Nintendo to bring us great off-line AND online gaming experiences...and their resolve to bring more 3rd parties to the table. I think 2013 will be the best post launch year of any console. Usually first years are slow, but we know so much about whats coming..and there is still so much they haven't announced yet. We heard from lots of developers that they have interest..both big developers and indie. We heard BioWare say they have Wii U plans..(more Mass Effect? Dragon Age 3? Something new?), we still haven't seen anything from Square-Enix (heres hoping DQX gets localized), but we know there's a port of a AAA SE title heading over. I think a lot of developers who were on the fence may now be making their way over...and the more 3rd parties that release games and have success on the system..the more they will influence other 3rd parties to come over. This is besides all the already good games heading over such as Bayonetta 2 and the Wonderful 101!

With that out of the way....1st party titles...next year we have Pikmin 3.....and......? I think this is where Nintendo will blow us away at E3 - with huge 1st party games!
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

If it manges to get the Mass Effect Trilogy, Borderlands 2, TES V Skyrim and GTA V I will be long gone, you will never hear from me again :D lol

#9 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

Well I know a lot of people are dooms day sayers when these games aren't announced for the Wii U, but you have to realize that many of these titles were being developed for years on other platforms. Some games like Bioshock had a lot of trouble during development and they just can't spare to start a whole new port. Rockstar might with GTA5 down the line, but it's such a massive game. The true test of the Wii U's multiplate future will begin at the end of 2013. I'm pretty confident that Battlefield 4 and Modern Warfare 4 will be on the Wii U. Most next gen titles aren't even announced yet, so these late 7th gen games not coming to the Wii U might not be that big a problem. If you really want these games you can pick up an Xbox for $150, or a PS3 for $200. The Wii U has a poop ton of games coming out for it and nothing has been announced for after the launch window yet (save Bayonetta 2).

#10 MyNameIsMatt

MyNameIsMatt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

I think if they fix online and loading speeds, little things like that I think it will start to sell more. And when more sells on a capable machine, games will follow (hopefully)

#11 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

I think the Wii U will do alright in 2013, first and third party.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#12 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

The only worldwide million seller that I see on that list is MH3, but that one could probably sell 1m in Japan alone. I don't see any of those as big sellers in NA. As far as the other consoles go don't forget about The Last of Us on PS3. That game will be huge, and so will GTA 5, but I can't really see either actually moving consoles or really affecting Wii U sales at this point. I'll tell you what would affect Wii U sales though....GTA U.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#13 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

My crystal ball says that it will be a breakout success with every game we want coming out next year... But my crystal ball has been wrong before... Actually it has never been right... maybe I should get a new one... My current one looks like this:
Posted Image

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#14 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

Wii U is doomed. Nintendo will go software only in 2013 after the Wii U fails.

Just some baseless speculation for you.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#15 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Wii U is doomed. Nintendo will go software only in 2013 after the Wii U fails.

Just some baseless speculation for you.

somebody give this guy a medal, you're exactly right sir.

#16 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

Man I cant wate untill da PS4 come out with 6k resolutian and bettar graphic den pii u nintendo is doomd

#17 dyatir

dyatir

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros, Mario, Legend of Zelda

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

Man I cant wate untill da PS4 come out with 6k resolutian and bettar graphic den pii u nintendo is doomd

And let's not forget the low price and the sequel to battle royale that will be better then smash bros, oh wait...

#18 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

The only worldwide million seller that I see on that list is MH3, but that one could probably sell 1m in Japan alone. I don't see any of those as big sellers in NA. As far as the other consoles go don't forget about The Last of Us on PS3. That game will be huge, and so will GTA 5, but I can't really see either actually moving consoles or really affecting Wii U sales at this point. I'll tell you what would affect Wii U sales though....GTA U.

Unless it sucked, then it could actually hurt the wiiU in the long run.

#19 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

Unless it sucked, then it could actually hurt the wiiU in the long run.

Well the last one actually did imo, but supposedly Rockstar is returning to the roots of the series in the new one. Btw in breaking news IGN has already determined that they will be giving the game a 9.5. Seriously though....GTA U for the West and MH Ultimate for the East sounds like a no lose proposition to me.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#20 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

And let's not forget the low price and the sequel to battle royale that will be better then smash bros, oh wait...

I no onli 100 dollers insted of stimky pii u 300

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!