• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 linners84

linners84

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

So, I opened my Wii U tonight. (Was only supposed to get it for Christmas, LOL!) I've tried a couple times to update.. it will download for 10 minutes.. then I get an error code about the server or something. Ugh! :( Error code 108-0065. Is this normal? Servers overloaded?

NNID - linners84     

3DS Friend Code - 5129 0547 8683

#2 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Here's what I got when I looked up the error at Nintendo support.

Situation:

• The update stopped and the error message "Unable to connect to server was received."
  • The update timed out.

What to do:

• Try the update again.

After starting the update again, the download will continue where it left off. [How to]
  • Power cycle your modem and router

If your modem or router is not responsive, power cycling these devices may resolve issues related to downloads timing out. [How to]
  • Check for wireless interference.

Wireless interference may result in your Wii U timing out during the update.
    Ensure no wireless devices are close to your Wii U or wireless router. If any are, move them away from your Wii U and wireless router.
    Changing your router's wireless channel to 1 or 11 may also improve your wireless signal strength. [How to]
  • Enter an alternate DNS into your Wii U console's settings.

Using an alternate DNS may improve your ability to complete the Wii U system update. [How to]

Still Not Resolved:

• If the issue persists, please contact us at 1-800-255-3700. Specially trained representatives will be available to assist you, 6:00am - 7:00pm (PST), seven days a week.

Hope this helps you out a bit, if not, then I apologize.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#3 linners84

linners84

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Ugh, I sure hope it's not something router related or whatever. We live in a basement apartment, in a house, where our internet is included in our rent. Which means we don't have access to that stuff. :( Tried a connection test where I had been sitting, failed. Tried it in another area & it passed. Now trying the update again. It started where it left off fortunately.

NNID - linners84     

#4 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Servers aren't overloaded, you just weren't able to connect to the servers. If you want more help on this Error I will provide you a link to Nintendo Support on Error Code 108-0065.

Also next time use the section "Wii U Hardware Help"

Darn, ninja'd by SDDMN

LordPickleton.png

#5 linners84

linners84

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Ugh. Error again. Starting again..

Edited by linners84, 09 December 2012 - 06:28 PM.

NNID - linners84     

#6 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

Could it be that its still not getting a good WiFi signal? Seeing as you already mentioned having to move it around the house to get it to work.

Its a PITA that most of the functionality of the Wii U comes in that first update, or else I would suggest trying a speed test in the web browser.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#7 linners84

linners84

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

Finally got it download. After many error codes. Still only took about 50 minutes to download. Not sure how bad that is? Installing now.. 72% done..

Finally all set up. NNID & all. I'm chalking it up to bad wifi strength. May have to ask the people upstairs where they have their router & move the system. We shall see. Never really had a problem before with my other systems or computer.

NNID - linners84     

#8 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

50 minutes is actually pretty good despite the errors. For most, the update took an hour to over 5.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#9 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

Finally got it download. After many error codes. Still only took about 50 minutes to download. Not sure how bad that is? Installing now.. 72% done..
Finally all set up. NNID & all. I'm chalking it up to bad wifi strength. May have to ask the people upstairs where they have their router & move the system. We shall see. Never really had a problem before with my other systems or computer.

50 minutes is normal. It took me approximately 43 minutes to download and 17 minutes to install and I have pretty fast Internet connection as well as a good Wi-Fi connection.

#10 the world ends with me

the world ends with me

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

the fact that downloads pick up right where they left off is a lifesaver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!