• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 MrIceCreamCow

MrIceCreamCow

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

Honestly, it's pointless to buy a wii now. I understand that people don't have enough money to buy a wii u, but why can't they just save up for a wii u?
3DS FC:4081-5504-0289 Getting Wii U soon!
Currently Playing: Minecraft, NBA 2k13, Mario Kart 7, Sims 3, Skyrim
Sports Teams: WFR Cougars, UNC Tar Heels, ECU Pirates, WCU Cattamounts, ASU Mountaineers, Miami Heat, LA Lakers, San Antonio Spurs, Minnesota Timberwolves, Green Bay Packers.
Facebook: https://www.facebook...tthew.wall.7370
Twitter: https://twitter.com/wallmhw

#2 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Based on the fact that Ninty sold 300,000 Wiis on the week of Black Friday, I would say so.

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

POPULAR

Honestly, it's pointless to buy a wii now. I understand that people don't have enough money to buy a wii u, but why can't they just save up for a wii u?

But they arent buying a Wii...... they're buying a $150 Netflix box

#4 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

There will be plenty more Wii sales, considering how cheap it is.

#5 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Yeah, after the ps3 came out, the ps2 sold like hotcakes for quite a bit after.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#6 DeviousOne

DeviousOne

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

ps2 is still selling
Posted Image

#7 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

I know someone that is buying there kids a wii for christmas. Ask them why they dont just get the wii u and they said because of cost.
which makes sense.
A wii is around $100 new plus game $40
While a wii u is $250 plus wii mote nunchunck combo $40 plus game $40

So its better to get a wii if your low on cash.
same reason alot of people pick up an xbox 360 and not a ps3 its all about cost.
Nintendo did a go job with the will its @ a great price for next gen. Once the x720 and ps4 are out i bet more wii u will sell. Simply due to the other systems being to high for most to buy.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#8 SilverzGrim

SilverzGrim

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Yeah, will sell as long as they are available.

#9 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Why are you asking this question? You said yourself that you understand why it still sells. The Wii is cheap - very cheap. On top of this, there is quite the library for it. Off the top of my head,

Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Metroid Prime 3/Trilogy
(Would say Monster Hunter Tri, but I've heard that servers may be shut down next year)

And all of them are exclusive to the Wii; Wii U disregarded as it is not cheap. As stated however, those titles are just off the top of my head and there are even more worth picking up.

Then there's just the fact that some people may not want to maintain and keep up with the Gamepad. Maybe none of the games interest them and they just want access to the Wii's catalog. It's also entirely possible that they are parents buying kids their first console. (Would you want to spend $250 more on something for a child?) There's an entire list of reasons ranging from good, bad, to flat out silly. But they are all good reasons in the mind of whoever is buying the Wii instead of the Wii U. As long as they're not just confused, then uh... Well then there's no reason other than bad marketing.

Based on the fact that Ninty sold 300,000 Wiis on the week of Black Friday, I would say so.

I saw four people buying Wiis on Black Friday. The funny part? They all left behind the poor Deluxe Wii U sitting right beside them.

But they arent buying a Wii...... they're buying a $150 Netflix box

Clever and definitely got a chuckle out of me, but completely untrue (and probably a joke).

Yeah, after the ps3 came out, the ps2 sold like hotcakes for quite a bit after.

ps2 is still selling

This amazes me to this day. It really shows just how important software really is in the long run, as the PS2 has no other features to make it worth buying.

#10 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Clever and definitely got a chuckle out of me, but completely untrue (and probably a joke).

Mission accomplished :) as long as I scored a chuckle

#11 DeviousOne

DeviousOne

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

This amazes me to this day. It really shows just how important software really is in the long run, as the PS2 has no other features to make it worth buying.

Yes it does its a DVD player....I CHEAP dvd player is a LARGE libary of games as well that rivals the SNES..Other parts of the world are just now getting DVD's and PS2's
Posted Image

#12 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

Yes it does its a DVD player....I CHEAP dvd player is a LARGE libary of games as well that rivals the SNES..Other parts of the world are just now getting DVD's and PS2's

A lot of people (including me) still believe, that if Sony opted to not put in a DVD player , or if Sega opted to put one in the Dreamcast...the PS2 would not of taken off like it did...at least not in Japan. At launch PS2's were only sold in electronic stores and not game stores. For those unfamiliar with how Japanese retailers are - they don't generally have the equivalent of a Walmart or Target, they have game stores..and electronic stores..completely different. Game stores didn't carry the PS2 because they thought it wouldn't sell. It did sell - as a DVD player - the cheapest one in Japan at its launch time.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#13 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

I could see if someone was really poor but otherwise its kind of foolish. They aren't even making wii games anymore I heard.

Signature_DK.png

#14 crazyman03

crazyman03

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Wii games are still being made. The ones being made though are all very cheap kiddy games that almost no one in the right mind would buy. The only reason people are still buying wii's is because of money or the fact that they are getting bought for little children who don't know the difference between a wii and wii u.
Sometimes I get bored of this cushioned white room.
I don't know why those doctors put me in here.

#15 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

My dentist wanted to buy a Wii for her 3 year old. I told her about the Wii U. SPREAD THE WORD PEOPLE!

Also my friend was telling my how stupid he though playing Black Ops with the gamepad was. I showed him a picture of the pro controller and he never heard of it.

#16 BananaCheese

BananaCheese

Darknut Dominator

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • NNID:Awesomesocks
  • Fandom:
    Zelda and Animal Crossing

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

I honestly see no point in buying a Wii.

Nintendo_Logo-600x200.png 

Nintendo Network ID: Awesomesocks | Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032-1712-2862

PM me if you add me on any of the above.

#17 Coggit

Coggit

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

The original Wii is still good for children and with thousands of games for it, for a child I'm sure it will seem amazing. No point buying a kid a brand new £300 gaming system when a £85 one will more than suffice.

#18 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

Nintendo is loving every minute of it. I read an article yesterday that the joker Michael Pachter wrote about the Wii U. He said that Nintendo had a formal strategy to not advertise the Wii U much through the holidays, and see if the company could hit good numbers anyway before blitzing the public with Wii U ads next year. Well it looks like mission accomplished so far with 1.8 million WiiU's sold globally through 12/15/12(2.1 million Wii's sold in the same time 4 week time period after it's launch with all the incredible hype), and 300k Wii's sold during Black Friday week. Although, unless they hit ridiculous numbers from the 15th-25th I think Nintendo's projections of 5 million by the end of March will be near impossible with hardly any software coming out in the next 3 months.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#19 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

The Wii is still outselling the Wii U, so yes.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#20 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

[...]He said that Nintendo had a formal strategy to not advertise the Wii U much through the holidays[...]

Yes because not advertising or clarifying WHAT the Wii U is will equate to sales. Epic fail on Nintendo's behalf. You can bet your @$$ that Microsoft will be properly advertising their next generation console.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!