Photo

Constructive Criticism for Nintendo.... Lets Talk!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

hopefully this topic wont get out of hand. it seems like most sites i go to(including this one) and suggest nintendo needs to do something better people get offended. I'm an nintendo fan for LIFE. i will only buy their consoles...thats just my preference. So we know Wii U just launched and 3ds has been on the market for almost two years. so lets look at( some things IMO) nintendo needs to do better to continue growth and gain more fans( and stop losing them also).

Software/IP's. as a nintendo fan i admit i was jealous of sony fans this gen. the quality of their games and new ip's were outstanding. truthfully im tired of the same old nintendo. they are becoming predictable you can almost guess what games they are goning to bring for their system. the Bayonetta 2 exclusive was a BIG surprise i think for everyone and a good start. I know nintendo cant afford to pour 100 million dollars into every project and compete with the GTA's and Skyrims of the gaming world. i think we all just want something new though a lot of gamers are leaving nintendo as customers because of this. they just know they are going to get new and different IP's on other platforms.

3rd party games. i cant tell you how many gamers ive talked to that only have ps360 because they know they cant get big 3rd party games on nintendo home console. Nintendo HAS to reach out 3rd party to get these games. im talking GTA, im talking MGS, im talking the big boys. i dont want to hear Take Two saying how proud they were of Carnival games and looking to bring more games like that to Wii U. i know nintendo cant hold a gun to their heads and force them but they need to be as open as possible for their dedicated fans (so they can stop losing them.... or having them buy ps360's).

Devs/Western Audience. so we know (not for how long) that nintnedo has monster hunter as exclusives. that you could argue is the biggest franchise for the eastern audience. i feel like the western audience(im an american) gets the short end of the stick. i do understand Nintendo is a Japanese owned company and they dictate primarily how things will work. but i think they need to buy a sturdio that can cater more to their western audience. I know they have Retro but they need someone else. maybe HVS the makers of the The Conduit or someone like Shien Multimedia the makers of the Nano Assault games. they need to make sure they have a steady flow of diverse software(casual and core) for their home and handheld consoles.

Hardware/Budget.ok so we ALL should know how much talk there has been about how powerful or not powerful the Wii U is. I never ran a business and i dont know how much nintendo can spend on their hardware. i do question how bad it would be for them to make a console that because of its specs.... might not make a profit on launch day but has te tech to ensure its competitive for 5-7 years. now nintendo has said they reached out to devs for feedback on the hardware( and this was confirmed by a couple devs). so im going to give them the benefit of the doubt. ive said it before and i will say it again "Architecture" beats "numbers" any day of the week. so im gonna give the Wii U a year and a half when all next gen will be out and see what its able to do.

what are you guys thoughts? any suggestions? what can and should they do to be better?

also sorry if any spelling errors

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

Software/IP's. as a nintendo fan i admit i was jealous of sony fans this gen. the quality of their games and new ip's were outstanding. truthfully im tired of the same old nintendo. they are becoming predictable you can almost guess what games they are goning to bring for their system. the Bayonetta 2 exclusive was a BIG surprise i think for everyone and a good start. I know nintendo cant afford to pour 100 million dollars into every project and compete with the GTA's and Skyrims of the gaming world. i think we all just want something new though a lot of gamers are leaving nintendo as customers because of this. they just know they are going to get new and different IP's on other platforms.

I had a PS3 and a PS Vita and got bored with both rather quickly.

ive said it before and i will say it again "Architecture" beats "numbers" any day of the week.

And as I've tried to explain, architecture is just another way of determining performance :\. What really matters is architecture and numbers. A 2.4GHz processor of the same architecture as a 1.2GHz processor will be about twice as fast. A 3.2GHz processor of a slow architecture may be as fast as a 1.2GHz processor of a much better architecture. Although I will now say that I don't care so much about the Wii U's slow memory bandwidth. I still care but not as much.

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

hopefully this topic wont get out of hand. it seems like most sites i go to(including this one) and suggest nintendo needs to do something better people get offended. I'm an nintendo fan for LIFE. i will only buy their consoles...thats just my preference. So we know Wii U just launched and 3ds has been on the market for almost two years. so lets look at( some things IMO) nintendo needs to do better to continue growth and gain more fans( and stop losing them also).

3rd party games. i cant tell you how many gamers ive talked to that only have ps360 because they know they cant get big 3rd party games on nintendo home console. Nintendo HAS to reach out 3rd party to get these games. im talking GTA, im talking MGS, im talking the big boys. i dont want to hear Take Two saying how proud they were of Carnival games and looking to bring more games like that to Wii U. i know nintendo cant hold a gun to their heads and force them but they need to be as open as possible for their dedicated fans (so they can stop losing them.... or having them buy ps360's).

Devs/Western Audience.so we know (not for how long) that nintnedo has monster hunter as exclusives. that you could argue is the biggest franchise for the eastern audience. i feel like the western audience(im an american) gets the short end of the stick. i do understand Nintendo is a Japanese owned company and they dictate primarily how things will work. but i think they need to buy a sturdio that can cater more to their western audience. I know they have Retro but they need someone else. maybe HVS the makers of the The Conduit or someone like Shien Multimedia the makers of the Nano Assault games. they need to make sure they have a steady flow of diverse software(casual and core) for their home and handheld consoles.

Hardware/Budget.ok so we ALL should know how much talk there has been about how powerful or not powerful the Wii U is. I never ran a business and i dont know how much nintendo can spend on their hardware. i do question how bad it would be for them to make a console that because of its specs.... might not make a profit on launch day but has te tech to ensure its competitive for 5-7 years. now nintendo has said they reached out to devs for feedback on the hardware( and this was confirmed by a couple devs). so im going to give them the benefit of the doubt. ive said it before and i will say it again "Architecture" beats "numbers" any day of the week. so im gonna give the Wii U a year and a half when all next gen will be out and see what its able to do.

what are you guys thoughts? any suggestions? what can and should they do to be better?

also sorry if any spelling errors

Software/IP's. They are rumored to be showing off 2 new IP's at this next E3 along with a Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Kirby and Fatal Frame game (dont get too greedy :P)

3rd party games Reggie has said countless times how they are brining in 3rd party support and making a huge push for 3rd party devs... (look at all the sexy support Ubisoft had done)

Western Audience. Im like 99% sure that the States is getting Monster Hunter Tri

Hardware/Budget. PS4 is going to be on par with the Wii U in terms of specs...

#4 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

Geat responses guys. as much as i love nintendo we need to SEE some of the things they are saying happen. its good somethings are rumored but i need to SEE new IP's. im not talking Wii music type stuff either.

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

Holy batman..... Wall of text.... Lol.

Didnt read what you wrote i got lost in the sea of letters.
But i do believe that nintendo os doing a good job so far.
They just need to get the ball on rolling out patchs to fix the problems some are having.

The games are there. They need more but like with any new system they start out slow.
But overall. Everything with the wii u is good.
It plays games, theu look great. The games tht really use the gamepad use it right (zombiu, havent played the others)

So as long as the devs keep up with the games and dont tack on
gimmic gamepad stuff all will be great.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

Wall of text? I had no problem reading...

#7 SNES

SNES

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

We live in a world where Twitter and Texting are dominant forms of communication, and your typical news source would rather offer soundbites and flashy headlines than any in depth information. People don't bother paying attention if the topic can't be boiled down to 150 characters or less.

Such is our silly species. "Hey, we've invented these amazing communication devices that let you talk anywhere to anyone!" "Sweet, I'll limit myself to text messages and character limits! Lol, who was Morse?" "Hey, we invented technology to give you as much information as you could ever want!" "Great, but I'm busy. Is there a cliffnotes version? CSI is on."

#8 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:52 AM

If Nintendo got as many multiplats as Sony and Microsoft they would win by a huge margin.

#9 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

i remember when the 360 was first released, and believe me, some of the games were pants, look at battlefield 2 modern combat, the graphics were terrable, almost like the original xbox and im not joking lol, it took a couple of years for some real good games to arrive, NOW Wii u has great looking games straight away, a couple of years they will be AWSOME!!!

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

It is absolutely imperative nintendo unscrews their os screw ups as quickly as possible, as they are providing a HUGE entry barrier.

And not just the freezing, but the auto aquire ip screwups and the like.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

I think Nintendo's doing alright for now, they simply need to work on an update that will actually shorten long load times for others, and fix the freezing issue.

Then again, I don't know if that update would be as simple for Nintendo to make as I make it sound.

Edited by SDDMN, 10 December 2012 - 10:26 AM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#12 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

I had a PS3 and a PS Vita and got bored with both rather quickly.

This all boils down to personal preference. A ton of people do not like Halo and/or Gears of War (such as myself) and yet a ton of others do like it. Same goes with Nintendo or Sony games. When it all comes down to it, if you're not interested in the overall title lineup you're better off saving the money in the first place.

We live in a world where Twitter and Texting are dominant forms of communication, and your typical news source would rather offer soundbites and flashy headlines than any in depth information. People don't bother paying attention if the topic can't be boiled down to 150 characters or less.

Such is our silly species. "Hey, we've invented these amazing communication devices that let you talk anywhere to anyone!" "Sweet, I'll limit myself to text messages and character limits! Lol, who was Morse?" "Hey, we invented technology to give you as much information as you could ever want!" "Great, but I'm busy. Is there a cliffnotes version? CSI is on."

Indeed, and yet people continue down this path to see much more confusion in communicating with one another. Because the next thing you know, "What does BBQBBS (Or whatever that crap is, that these people say) suppose to mean?". Always a new way to lessen their language skills, cause confusion, and just overall make one another a smaller group to distances themselves from others to some degree. Ah, humanity...

Devs/Western Audience. so we know (not for how long) that nintnedo has monster hunter as exclusives. that you could argue is the biggest franchise for the eastern audience. i feel like the western audience(im an american) gets the short end of the stick.

I sometimes feel in reverse to this, as I wish people would be more interested in more eastern games (JRPG style games usually in my case). When you go to a store to find out there was only zero to twelve games stocked to each store to not have any, that is a bloody drag. You then check online hoping you can get a copy to see if their in stock to find out the only possible means of obtaining the game is a crazy price such as say 50-60USD for used and 100+ for a new copy. It makes you basically forced to buy some of these games day one if you really want to play them.

As far as shooters or whatever you wish to consider "Western" then Nintendo really isn't the place to look in the first place. Specially with the whole shafted internet play for the longest time to drive away a good portion of what people tend to call, "Hardcore gamers". (Shrugs) It just seems a good majority of people in the west tend to aim more for the games that focus mostly on online and less on single-player.

#13 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

I'm seriously getting tired of seeing that when someone says that something is long. It's really unnecessary.
Posted Image

Edited by nintendo3DS, 10 December 2012 - 02:30 PM.

#14 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

I would like to see Nintendo revive franchises that haven't been getting any attention. I want to see a Mach Rider, Ice Climber, Wave Race, and 1080 Snowboarding...in 1080p!

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#15 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

The non transfer of Nintendo network id to another console is a massive fail.have a replaced Wii u here and slowly coming to terms with this.Some of the R&D guys at Nintendo must have been on holiday since like 2007 because older consoles can manage it well.I get treated like I'm trying to steal something when all I did was dropped 400 quid on their product.Not acceptable in 2012

Edited by scotty79, 10 December 2012 - 03:28 PM.

Posted Image

#16 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

Nintendo is working towards thid goal, but it is nit easy. I think that is why Nintendo is taking some of the risk witg Ninja Guaidan and LEGO Undercover. And other examples to follow. I wouldn't be surprised if other bigget titles to get announced and published by Nintendo. This is a very good move on Nintendo's part. Instead of buying a developer, spending who knows how much, they are spending money on bringing more games to us then one developer could bring by itself.

I think Nintendo could improve on nee IP's made by them. Every new generation they announce projects then they get canned. Raven Blafe, Project SMASH (what was that called?) are just two examples. They need to abnounce AND release those games.

And presentation. They need E3 to be focused only on hardcore. They can show new games for the casual other ways (that frankly are better). But E3 should show tons of hardcore titles.

If they do this, old school Nintendo fans will come back. Current fans will be happy. And possibly newbies all together will want a Wii U.

:)
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#17 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

The non transfer of Nintendo network id to another console is a massive fail.have a replaced Wii u here and slowly coming to terms with this.Some of the R&D guys at Nintendo must have been on holiday since like 2007 because older consoles can manage it well.I get treated like I'm trying to steal something when all I did was dropped 400 quid on their product.Not acceptable in 2012

I think they said that there would be an update for that.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#18 Donkeykong2013

Donkeykong2013

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

My big thing is to have the virtual console be on the wii u menu screen.

#19 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

Nintendo is working towards thid goal, but it is nit easy. I think that is why Nintendo is taking some of the risk witg Ninja Guaidan and LEGO Undercover. And other examples to follow. I wouldn't be surprised if other bigget titles to get announced and published by Nintendo. This is a very good move on Nintendo's part. Instead of buying a developer, spending who knows how much, they are spending money on bringing more games to us then one developer could bring by itself.

I think Nintendo could improve on nee IP's made by them. Every new generation they announce projects then they get canned. Raven Blafe, Project SMASH (what was that called?) are just two examples. They need to abnounce AND release those games.

And presentation. They need E3 to be focused only on hardcore. They can show new games for the casual other ways (that frankly are better). But E3 should show tons of hardcore titles.

If they do this, old school Nintendo fans will come back. Current fans will be happy. And possibly newbies all together will want a Wii U.

:)

Project Hammer is what you were refering to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!