Photo

replacement console network id information.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

Got a replacement console from retailer as was having issues.

Now unable to use original Nintendo network I'd,is that fully correct?:-\
Posted Image

#2 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

Got a replacement console from retailer as was having issues.
Now unable to use original Nintendo network I'd,is that fully correct?:-

Unfortunately Yes. Until Nintendo fixes this with cloud NNid's, It's per system. Which is another reason Why all eShop titles are going to my external.

Edited by Tricky Kirito-Kun, 10 December 2012 - 09:35 AM.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#3 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

Unfortunately Yes. Until Nintendo fixes this with cloud NNid's, It's per system. Which is another reason Why all eShop titles are going to my external.

They are still link to the nid even if they are on external hd.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#4 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

Absolutely ridiculous in 2012 cannot believe never had any reason to know this before today waste of time having nnid you may as well just be able to name your console ,the network id part implies you can be identified on network s by it.Why bother when they will always be static?should have called them Nintendo console name tags/rant over
Posted Image

#5 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

They are still link to the nid even if they are on external hd.

That sucks hardcore
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#6 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

That sucks hardcore

Yep surely does. But hey i only buy hard copies. Gives me a real sense of owning the game. I can do as i please with my games lol.

Nintendo will probably fix this problem in the future just give them some time. This is all new to them,
xile06 "N" ID

#7 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

Yep surely does. But hey i only buy hard copies. Gives me a real sense of owning the game. I can do as i please with my games lol.

Nintendo will probably fix this problem in the future just give them some time. This is all new to them,

I only buy hard copies to, but there are plenty of eShop only titles worth downloading you know? I figured by storing them on an external, if anything happened to my system and I had to replace it...at least when they introduce cloud ID's, I could get my old one back and not of lost my downloaded games.....at least thats the way I was thinking..however I won't be doing anything from the eShop anymore probably until they update the system.
Posted Image

#8 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

To be fair there are some biiiig lapses in the thinking behind some of these decisions.Its a given they fix it in time but today that's no good to me.A console taking notes from Xbox n ps3 should have been better setup with cloud nnids
Posted Image

#9 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

Your still under a EULA. Owning a hard copy does not mean you can do what you please with it. (Not sure how that was funny either....)

They never fixed it on the DSi, 3DS, or Wii. If you did not transfer your items with some form of cable, SD methods, or basically paying Nintendo there was no other means of getting your ID & content over. Then up comes the Wii U and they take away the transfer option via external devices such as SD cards. Most likely by Nintendo's track record, the only thing they will fix is giving you an SD transfer. Problem is will they even do that at all. Being as they are becoming more strict to external electronics being plugged into their devices. (Hints the R4 Cards ban in Japan) Being Nintendo, and their crazy ways, it is pretty doubtful that it will change for the better. In the end it will likely be take your pick of the following: Buy a second console and transfer with the SD card (to later hope to sell/dispose of the old console), buy a second console & transfer cable to transfer data with the cable (to later hope to sell/dispose of the old console and/or transfer cable), or call up grand old Nintendo to buy a new console from them (at whatever high prices, along with a possible service fee if you're not under warranty) for them to hope to transfer data from the old device to the new.

<_< Here is hoping Nintendo does not follow their old track record and changes. I for one am not putting money on it, literally. Never bought a single eShop item of Wii or DSi Shop item in my life, and until I see official word & a new EULA for said content I will continue to do the same.

I only buy hard copies to, but there are plenty of eShop only titles worth downloading you know? I figured by storing them on an external, if anything happened to my system and I had to replace it...at least when they introduce cloud ID's, I could get my old one back and not of lost my downloaded games.....at least thats the way I was thinking..however I won't be doing anything from the eShop anymore probably until they update the system.

Yep, one would think surely it is data and could be taking around. Though, these are games so there is a form of DRM most likely. All forms of media these days have a DRM (unless the developer & publisher are cool about it). Now as far as not buying from the eShop, goes, wise choice as I have stated in similar threads that people should vote with their wallets on these things. Problem is most people get strung along with the whole safety net feel that "If one does it this way, they all do" or just do not care to reap from the effects later. (That or just not read the EULA/ToS to hit agree and/or purchase. *shrugs*). Edit: (This is not meant as an insult towards anyone. I am just stating how it tends to be).

Edited by UnholyVision, 10 December 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#10 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

Absolutely ridiculous in 2012 cannot believe never had any reason to know this before today waste of time having nnid you may as well just be able to name your console ,the network id part implies you can be identified on network s by it.Why bother when they will always be static?should have called them Nintendo console name tags/rant over

^ this

#11 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Your still under a EULA. Owning a hard copy does not mean you can do what you please with it. (Not sure how that was funny either....)

They never fixed it on the DSi, 3DS, or Wii. If you did not transfer your items with some form of cable, SD methods, or basically paying Nintendo there was no other means of getting your ID & content over. Then up comes the Wii U and they take away the transfer option via external devices such as SD cards. Most likely by Nintendo's track record, the only thing they will fix is giving you an SD transfer. Problem is will they even do that at all. Being as they are becoming more strict to external electronics being plugged into their devices. (Hints the R4 Cards ban in Japan) Being Nintendo, and their crazy ways, it is pretty doubtful that it will change for the better. In the end it will likely be take your pick of the following: Buy a second console and transfer with the SD card (to later hope to sell/dispose of the old console), buy a second console & transfer cable to transfer data with the cable (to later hope to sell/dispose of the old console and/or transfer cable), or call up grand old Nintendo to buy a new console from them (at whatever high prices, along with a possible service fee if you're not under warranty) for them to hope to transfer data from the old device to the new.

<_< Here is hoping Nintendo does not follow their old track record and changes. I for one am not putting money on it, literally. Never bought a single eShop item of Wii or DSi Shop item in my life, and until I see official word & a new EULA for said content I will continue to do the same.

Yep, one would think surely it is data and could be taking around. Though, these are games so there is a form of DRM most likely. All forms of media these days have a DRM (unless the developer & publisher are cool about it). Now as far as not buying from the eShop, goes, wise choice as I have stated in similar threads that people should vote with their wallets on these things. Problem is most people get strung along with the whole safety net feel that "If one does it this way, they all do" or just do not care to reap from the effects later. (That or just not read the EULA/ToS to hit agree and/or purchase. *shrugs*). Edit: (This is not meant as an insult towards anyone. I am just stating how it tends to be).

funny as in i can touch it and do what i want with it. If i want to break it i can. If i want to throw it at the tv i can. If i want to resell it i can. Its mines.
digital data is different. You cant do much with it but play the game. If you want to play it at your friends house you cant. IF you want to give it to your family as a gift you cant.

Thats what i meant.
xile06 "N" ID

#12 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

funny as in i can touch it and do what i want with it. If i want to break it i can. If i want to throw it at the tv i can. If i want to resell it i can. Its mines.
digital data is different. You cant do much with it but play the game. If you want to play it at your friends house you cant. IF you want to give it to your family as a gift you cant.

Thats what i meant.

You're still under an EULA though for the software. If a company was willing to go out of their way to get you, well you could be fined for not sending it back to them. Because as soon as you buy the game your under your countries software laws, and once pop that disc in and you accept the agreements to load and use the said software your still under an agreement. Sure you can sell it, but you're still following rules abiding to the content on that disc & said laws given by the country you reside in. How is this any different in the long run than just following guidelines put out by a company? Only thing is possible resale deal or as you put it gifts. Though some DD services like GMG let you trade in digital games for cash & just about any PC DD service lets you gift items (Not really activate on gifts usually). Personally I would say this is just about the same as physical copies. Being as most people only go to one store to trade in there games. That being "GameStop".

How was any of this funny again?.?.? I can touch it and it can touch me, and her name is physical.

(Not trying to insult you or start another physical vs digital crap. Only saying it is about the same in the long run and that I really do not see the humor in the fact you can touch your game discs).

Um, back to the main topic. Nintendo = FTL, Failure on online related networking, & DD services provided. (Good games and all, but Nintendo as a company is crap in this department).

Edited by UnholyVision, 10 December 2012 - 03:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!