• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nemrcomedy

nemrcomedy

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Is anyone else having this problem here?

I can connect my wii u to my TV through my old component cable from my Wii no problem and it gives 1080P reotangerineion.

But through HDMi, nothing. It simplys says no signal make sure your TV is connected or something like that. I've dont some research and actually found there are many people with this problem emerging.

I tried everything, different HDMI cables, tested the one I'm using on other HD devices it works fine, I hooked up to my four different ports on my TV still nothing, tried through my HD receiever on all port which is LPCM compatible, nothing, tried different TV's, still nothing.

Does anyone have any idea about this? Did it happen to you?

I should also mention that even though I can connect through my component cable the screen was flickering and acting up especially in certain menus until I changed the resolution for the wii u through the cable to 1080i

Something seems to be funky with how the wii u sends HD data, makes me wonder if this is all a software issue?

#2 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

The Wii U can not switch from one to another connection type without changing it via the settings. Meaning if you have it setup to output via component/composite cables it will not output in the HDMI format. What you need to do is (if you haven't already)

1) Turn the Wii U, login your account, et cetera on your gamepad.
2) Go to System Settings
3) Select the icon with the TV and wrench and click the button that says "TV"
4) Change the "TV Connection Type" from non-HDMI to HDMI.

It should show up on your television now using HDMI.

Edit: Read your post at a crazy hour and took the syntax wrongly. My bad OP.

Edited by UnholyVision, 11 December 2012 - 01:15 PM.

#3 nemrcomedy

nemrcomedy

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

Oh of course! I did that! It then asks me to select resolution and when I do it says it can't communicate with the TV :S

#4 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

I read, because I dont own a wii U yet... that HDMI is locked... it offers RGB solution... try that

a copy paste from this article: http://www.eurogamer...do-wii-u-review

However, there is some unwelcome news - specifically that the HDMI output is locked to limited-range RGB only, with footage from all games we've captured thus far revealing absolutely no information in the 0-16 or 235-255 areas. Many digital displays - PC monitors in particular - don't operate correctly with limited-range RGB, giving washed out colours principally defined by blacks being more grey-like in nature. This is something Nintendo really needs to address as a matter of urgency - it's the most basic of omissions, something that Sony and Microsoft resolved to everyone's satisfaction many, many years ago.

ps: dont know if that effects specific tv models connections

Edited by Orion, 11 December 2012 - 03:20 AM.

#5 nemrcomedy

nemrcomedy

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

Yeah like I desrcibed above I used the component cable from my WII and it works fine! Just not fine at 1080P in that case fine at 1080I, flickers every so often at 1080P, but HDMI I get nothing! The reason I want HDMI is because it will give me surround sound only through HDMI otherwise I would've been ok with this for now :(

#6 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

try it or call nintendo... if its faulty, turn it back to the retailer.

read that.. http://www.gamefaqs....-wii-u/64663087

and that http://techforums.ni...m/message/78303

Most of the people turn them in and get a new one... its the best if u are inside the dates, to turn it back to ur retailer.

Edited by Orion, 11 December 2012 - 03:29 AM.

#7 nemrcomedy

nemrcomedy

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

Thanks for all the help, this is quite dissapointing. Thing is I bought mine in London and travelled back home to Lebanon in the Middle East! Sending it back is not a simple option I'm afraid :S I was hoping somebody might now if this is a problem that might be fixed in the near future with a software update perhaps?

#8 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

They dont sell it in Lebanon? I know the posting fees are crazy... But I would suggest you to call Nintendo and the store you bought it from.
Some stores have international policy about returns... which one is it? Game?

Edited by Orion, 11 December 2012 - 10:42 AM.

#9 samelf

samelf

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

Sadly it seems I got one with a bad hdmi port as well. I Have a brand new composite cable that does the trick so I guess I will be using it. id rather not send it off and wait for it to come back hopefully this is my only issue.. Plus all of the cords really bother me >>

Edited by samelf, 12 December 2012 - 02:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!