• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

So, Im needing to get a headset because my tritons dont work with the U. Heres the deal though, I have so many questions regarding how the sound and chat works on games like COD. Any help from you guys would be SUCH a big help.

So, for NSMBU, I can plug in my regular headphones, and get game sound, but when I plug them in for Black Ops, it gives me no sound. Does anybody know why?

Next, Im looking at the Triton WII U headset ,and it seems pretty legit, but it says it plugs right into the gamepad, so does this mean I will not have audio for Black ops? Will it only be voice chat?

And my last question is, Can I use voice chat with a friend when we are both playing NSMBU? Is that possible? or is it only for games like Black Ops?

Any help with this would be awesomeee thanks!

#2 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

with blackops you have to display on gamepad, its really dumb i hope they fix it soon

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#3 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

with blackops you have to display on gamepad, its really dumb i hope they fix it soon

So if I hit display on the gamepad, it will give me audio ??

and so then, if i have display only, and im getting audio, I cant use the gamepad for the mini map? is this what ur saying?

#4 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

So if I hit display on the gamepad, it will give me audio ??

and so then, if i have display only, and im getting audio, I cant use the gamepad for the mini map? is this what ur saying?

yup :/

636416_0.jpg

#5 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

yup :/

That is terrribleeee.......do u know how it works if you use an officially wii u headset

#6 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

if your using the gamepad and tv and headphones, then just the voice chat is used through the gamepad...the sound from the tv. if you just want to use the gamepad..then you would display everything on the gamepad, so sound would just come through that...you can still use headphones for chat aswel.

is that what you wanted to know?

#7 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

if your using the gamepad and tv and headphones, then just the voice chat is used through the gamepad...the sound from the tv. if you just want to use the gamepad..then you would display everything on the gamepad, so sound would just come through that...you can still use headphones for chat aswel.
is that what you wanted to know?

Lol kinda confusing......work with me here.....so if I have a normal pair of headphones.... Dre beats actually....and I plug them into the gamepad, but I'm playing on the tv.....can I use voice chat and hear someone with just a regular set of headphones?

#8 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

the mic on the gamepad can't be used in cod

636416_0.jpg

#9 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

the mic on the gamepad can't be used in cod

Can it be used in NSMBU?

#10 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

Can it be used in NSMBU?

i wouldnt know idont have it

636416_0.jpg

#11 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

So I just did some testing.......your totaly right.....I can put my dre beats into the gamepad, and egt sound ONLY when the gamepad is not on display....which is literally the dumbest thing ive ever heard.....absolutely ludcirous.......does anybody know if i get a wii u officialy headset by triton etc is it the same thing? or can I have the gamepad working while I play?

#12 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

I'm not sure what your asking then.
I can only speak for black ops now. If I'm playing online & I'm displaying on the TV, I plug headphones (with built in mic) into gamepad. I'm using the gamepad as the map etc, I can chat and hear them with headphones on.
If I turn TV off and just display game on gamepad, all sound is through headphones..

#13 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

Okay. I appreciate the help, I know its confusing lol.... but im not able to plug in my headphones, and see the map on the gamepad and get audio....the only way im able to get audio through my headset is by displaying the game on the gamepad, and not using the map.....which makes me a very sad panda...is there any way arund this? thanks again dudee.

#14 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

It's not just Black Ops II. A lot of games won't have the sound come through the Gamepad unless you switch to Gamepad mode, such as Darksiders II, Assassin's Creed III etc. It may or may not be part of the Gamepad hardware itself, or simply a choice by the developers.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#15 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

It's not just Black Ops II. A lot of games won't have the sound come through the Gamepad unless you switch to Gamepad mode, such as Darksiders II, Assassin's Creed III etc. It may or may not be part of the Gamepad hardware itself, or simply a choice by the developers.

Right. Cool thanks, is there neway to hook up a headset etc to the console?

#16 9646gt

9646gt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

I do not know how it will work as far as voice chat but if your tv is like mine it has optical audio out you may be able to plug your headset into that. My turtle beach headset uses optical audio but haven't tested with my wii u since I can't get it till Christmas lol

#17 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

on zombieU in sound setting you can set to gamepad only. havent checked blops2 yet whether it has.

if...you want to play gamepad & tv together but wear headphones for 'quiet' reason...why not look into some bluetooth headphones that ya can setup with the tv?

#18 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

lol.....im not sure....im just trying to be able to play black ops, with game audio on a pair of headphones, and be able to speak with voice chat as well.....however I can make that work .....lol

and my other goal, if its possible, is to just voice chat while playing nsmbu, or nintendo land....this is all so confusing to me lol.

Ok people, so I appreciate all the feedback etc, but after trying last night, I still have no idea how t ovoice chat with someone while playing a game lol.....can someone PLEASE shed some light on this.....and what kind of headset is required, or if you can just use regular headphones and speak through the mic on the gamepad?

#19 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

lol.....im not sure....im just trying to be able to play black ops, with game audio on a pair of headphones, and be able to speak with voice chat as well.....however I can make that work .....lol

and my other goal, if its possible, is to just voice chat while playing nsmbu, or nintendo land....this is all so confusing to me lol.

Ok people, so I appreciate all the feedback etc, but after trying last night, I still have no idea how t ovoice chat with someone while playing a game lol.....can someone PLEASE shed some light on this.....and what kind of headset is required, or if you can just use regular headphones and speak through the mic on the gamepad?

any headphones with a built in mic will work on the gamepad. just plug it in, the voice chat on black ops just works automatically. - you can then if want press the start and select button together, this will put the whole game display on the gamepad, giving you game audio aswel

#20 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

hmm interesting....So I could just pop in apple earbuds, and if my buddy is playing black ops, we can play online and chat....and all we need is a pair of regular apple headphones? Because the mic is on the gamepad?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!