• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

I was just playing black ops 2 online. From the online menu the gamepad cannot 'back out' ..you have to go to the campaign menu 1st then it will allow you to use the gamepad for miiverse etc. Anyway..that's not the issue.
I ejected the black ops 2 disc while in the online menus..put in zombieU and it stayed on blackops..and wouldn't let me backout with the gamepad. I had to power down and restart then. Whether that's a blackops online menu issue or a wiiU issue? I'd have thought the system would just load up zombieU..or do an auto restart like my ps3. Seems odd it stays in the menu of te game that's no longer in the console.

Thoughts?

#2 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

You should never remove any disc from any system while it's running that game.
Posted Image

#3 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

^^^ As above, You should always stop the game first before ejecting any disc.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#4 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

I'm sure the first part with the Gamepad not backing out was just a random glitch, probably won't happen again. As for loading the disc. If you eject a disc while a game is playing, usually an error message stating the disc was removed will be displayed. From that point, you can only turn off the console, you can't load another disc until the console is reset. This is standard fare for most gaming consoles, portable or home.

#5 Chloe

Chloe

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Toadette, Kirby, Luma, Super Mario 64.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

The same thing used to happen on my old wii, when I would eject a game accidentally without returning to the Wii Menu first.

✶  ✶  ✶   ✶  ✶ 
♥ NNID: Blushes

#6 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Don't be stupid and lazy.... you ALWAYS have to wait until you get to the home menu to eject a disc... seriously what is up with some people?! No shat that's going to happen!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#7 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

thats fault of treyarch, its true that you cant open the home menu without going to campaign menu first, also you cant undo the game-on-gamepad feature, thats pretty annoying :P you have to re-play the game again to turn it off.
Posted Image

#8 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Don't be stupid and lazy.... you ALWAYS have to wait until you get to the home menu to eject a disc... seriously what is up with some people?! No shat that's going to happen!

This is so stupid, the game should just freaking close when you eject the disc, it's not 2002 anymore for god's sake, what do you mean no shat that's going to happen? IT SHOULDN'T.

This is so stupid, the game should just freaking close when you eject the disc, it's not 2002 anymore for god's sake, what do you mean no shat that's going to happen? IT SHOULDN'T.

#9 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

By pressing eject the console should automatically go back to home screen, like an auto safe if that's the case. Can't say I've ever had to manually quit a game back to home screen to load another disc? Like that guy said.,,it's not 2002 lol

#10 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Well it happened with the wii...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#11 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

I'm sure the first part with the Gamepad not backing out was just a random glitch, probably won't happen again. As for loading the disc. If you eject a disc while a game is playing, usually an error message stating the disc was removed will be displayed. From that point, you can only turn off the console, you can't load another disc until the console is reset. This is standard fare for most gaming consoles, portable or home.

No, the online menu will not backout with gamepad, u have to load offline menu then backout...it is annoying. Which is why I just ejected.

#12 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

On black ops you have to be on the campaign for the home button to work
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#13 GOOBER

GOOBER

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

how is that a glitch

#14 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

how is that a glitch

A failing then

#15 TomBollandLTD

TomBollandLTD

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokémon Mario Link

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

The home button won't work while online, same with the 3DS
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2466-1970
NNID : TomBollandLTD

need. more. online. games.

#16 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

The home button won't work while online, same with the 3DS

I know it wouldn't while in a game online, this is when in the menu screen & not even in a lobby. It should do then..it makes u load the campaign menu 1st...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!