Photo

Wii Menu starts 3 minutes and 56 seconds to boot up !

wii menu slow loading slow boot

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mike1986

Mike1986

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

So I had to buy Wii U for my girlfriend (for balance board games), and I noticed that there is a lot of freezes or slow loadings (mostly during connection with some of Nintendo services) so I thought it is only Nintendo servers fault, BUT Yesterday we put Wii game (Smash Party) and Wii menu booting on average 4 minutes.... That is outrageous as I can't imagine why it's taking so long...

Does any of you has similar problem ? How fast your Wii menu starts ? What games did you tried ? (I didn't tried anything else Yesterday as we had no time to wait on another game to load)

#2 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

My Wii menu has acted fine. It boots up like normal. I've played a little bit of Twilight Princess.

Posted Image

#3 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

Sounds familiar. Menu is extremely slow. I actually tested it and I could boot up my pc, connect manually to my network, load up steam and open an close two games before the disc I had put into my wiiU had loaded up. It is an issue that Nintendo needs to fix, and they need to do so soon.

#4 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

Woah, that's crazy. Mine is wayyyy faster than that.

#5 Mike1986

Mike1986

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

Deluxe ?

I have Deluxe...

#6 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

Deluxe ?

I have Deluxe...

The only difference with the deluxe edition is the color and what it comes with. The hardware/software itself is identical.

I didn't specify a time frame, I will say my pc is rather fast. I also should clarify, this is for loading wii games on the wiiU.

Edited by PedanticGamer, 12 December 2012 - 04:53 AM.

#7 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

I haven't used the Wii Mode yet. But judging from some videos, some people have normal loading times, some a little longer, and some that run for quite long. I haven't seen a menu boot for nearly 4 minutes, but it's possible. I'd say this is an issue that can be fixed through a firmware update.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

Wii mode turns off your console completely, blocks access to wii u hardware, then reboots.
It might take that long, but I've never timed mine.
I'd say mine takes about 1 minute to boot into wii mode.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Mike1986

Mike1986

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

The only difference with the deluxe edition is the color and what it comes with. The hardware/software itself is identical.

I didn't specify a time frame, I will say my pc is rather fast. I also should clarify, this is for loading wii games on the wiiU.

I know, but some people were saying that they has Basic and no problem at all.

Wii mode turns off your console completely, blocks access to wii u hardware, then reboots.
It might take that long, but I've never timed mine.
I'd say mine takes about 1 minute to boot into wii mode.

I checked that with timer...

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

I checked that with timer...

Yeah?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 Spinal

Spinal

Blooper

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

I just timed my bootup to wii mode, and it took 19 sec... and i have been using wii mode alot (i never had a wii, so i bought a bunch of games for it)
Posted Image

#12 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

Something has to be wrong with your system. I play a lot ofwii atm (dckr, mario kart, xenoblade)due tothe fact I missed out on all the games for it thus gen. My wii mode takes about 15 seconds .

Edited by Varg, 01 January 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#13 kirbylover

kirbylover

Kirby And Pikachu are Freakin awesome

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Fandom:
    kirby,mario kart,mario,anything nintendo

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

An the ditagal deluxe promtion.

Signature_Mewtwo.png

Pokedex entry: Mewtwo: The butt pokemon. It is really sexy and any pokemon that sees it wants to have sex with it. It's power comes from it's butt.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wii menu, slow loading, slow boot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!