• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

Most Xbox Owners I know act like they made a soul pact to Microsoft so I am sure they won't lose their audience even if its not powerful as its will still be easy to lie to themselves and make it seem more powerful just like how many thinks the 360 is on par if not better than pcs.
I also feel nintendo for the most part already lost the Casuals .

I should have said that they wouldn't be as successful this generation. No matter how bad the next Xbox, Playstation, or Wii U is they are garunteed a base of 20million fanboys at least.

How could they lose casuals? Where did they go?

#22 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

I should have said that they wouldn't be as successful this generation. No matter how bad the next Xbox, Playstation, or Wii U is they are garunteed a base of 20million fanboys at least.

How could they lose casuals? Where did they go?

Well what I mean is I don't really think they have casuals anymore by that I mean I believe they will be some that will buy the Wii U but many will not bother as they already have a wii (Older above 50 casuals ).

Not to mention Tablets and Smart phones taken the Casual Market by storm(20-49 casuals ,Note: I'm not talking about mobile techphiles that buy any phone just to have the new phone I am talking about the everyday Casual).

Xbox 360 Kinect was also quite successful and if the next xbox will bring with it the new Kinect than that is also a large chunk of Casual who are interested in gaming console gone from Nintendo.) That leaves Nintendo will much less Casual Ocean than they had previously since now instead of owning a ocean they have a lagoon .

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 16 December 2012 - 08:20 AM.

#23 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

I think:
Xbox 720-
- 2GB RAM dedicated to gaming
- 1GB RAM dedicated to system
- Custom multicore CPU equivilant to i5 processor power wise
- Custom GPU developed by ATI and probably featuring less shaders and poly's than wiiu
- 16MB VRAM ddr5
- support of DX 11
- 1080p 60fps
-$400

Omni-
- 1.5GB RAM Dedicated to gaming
- 512MB RAM dedicated to system
- powerful custom multicore CPU probably relative in power between i5 and i7
- Custom built GPU with a little more uumph than 720
-support of open gl equivilant to Dx11
- 1080 60fps
-$500

what makes you think Xbox will be so powerful, all rumors point to it revolving around kinect two while keeping the price around 200-250. I think it will only be slightly more powerful than U. Microsoft would be stupid to develope a powerhouse 600$ console in this economy, cheap and casual is what I think they are going for. This casual movement of Microsoft is further proved by windows 8 which is based around it being easier to use for the unsavy.

However I think the steambox is going to be the most powerful console next gen (it isn't a pC, I don't care what try say) I'm most certainly getting it!

4GB for the 720 and 3-5GB seems more realistic for the Omni

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#24 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

4GB for the 720 and 3-5GB seems more realistic for the Omni

Hmmm, yeah I guess that seems realistic, but that would put the price up, it think for the consoles speed of RAM is more important than amount, so I would be happy with 2GB high speed RAM.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#25 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Well what I mean is I don't really think they have casuals anymore by that I mean I believe they will be some that will buy the Wii U but many will not bother as they already have a wii (Older above 50 casuals ).

Not to mention Tablets and Smart phones taken the Casual Market by storm(20-49 casuals ,Note: I'm not talking about mobile techphiles that buy any phone just to have the new phone I am talking about the everyday Casual).

Xbox 360 Kinect was also quite successful and if the next xbox will bring with it the new Kinect than that is also a large chunk of Casual who are interested in gaming console gone from Nintendo.) That leaves Nintendo will much less Casual Ocean than they had previously since now instead of owning a ocean they have a lagoon .

I thought about tablets and such as well... But if that's the case no one will get that many casuals for a while. Nintendo could have foreseen this and that could be one of the reasons they're going for the "hardcore" gamers.

#26 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

I thought about tablets and such as well... But if that's the case no one will get that many casuals for a while. Nintendo could have foreseen this and that could be one of the reasons they're going for the "hardcore" gamers.

Like I said Casual's I feel are already lost for Nintendo so its best instead of relying on Casual Market to make games for their actual fans instead.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 16 December 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#27 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

Any of you guys still remember this?

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/04/16/we-build-a-ps4-what-can-the-rumoured-specs-do/

Posted Image

LordPickleton.png

#28 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

So apparently one of the guys for Doom 3 says that the next gen systems are going to be weak. After looking at Agni's Philosophy I'm pretty confident we won't see graphics like that on the home consoles.

http://www.dsogaming...ers-tech-demos/

I mean we're talking about 4-8 gigs of RAM while this thing needs 32 gigs!

#29 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

So apparently one of the guys for Doom 3 says that the next gen systems are going to be weak. After looking at Agni's Philosophy I'm pretty confident we won't see graphics like that on the home consoles.

http://www.dsogaming...ers-tech-demos/

I mean we're talking about 4-8 gigs of RAM while this thing needs 32 gigs!

can you give a link saying the next gen systems are going to be weak .

#30 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Based on what we've been hearing, I'd assume Omni (which I will definitely be getting if all the rumors are true) would be roughly 1.2x more powerful than Wii U, which is amazing for Nintendo.

Xbox 720, which sounds just like a boring powerhouse with HUD glasses, is prob gonna be 1.6x more powerful than Omni, meaning about 1.92x more powerful than Wii U.

Most optomistic post ive seen on ANY site.... NEOGAF and BEYOND 3D would band you for saying such a thing.

#31 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

can you give a link saying the next gen systems are going to be weak .

https://twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/statuses/280752127238889473

He's an id cofounder

#32 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

https://twitter.com/...752127238889473

He's an id cofounder

That has nothing to do with power.... It just means the same old same old with consoles Graphics before framerate if anything it means essentially I'm a bit more worried about wiiu getting next gen games since I thought if a 720 or Omni game played in 60 fps than it could be ported to the wiiu in 30 fps but that may not be the case since its true consoles never focus on framerate its more of a second thought.

#33 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

That has nothing to do with power.... It just means the same old same old with consoles Graphics before framerate if anything it means essentially I'm a bit more worried about wiiu getting next gen games since I thought if a 720 or Omni game played in 60 fps than it could be ported to the wiiu in 30 fps but that may not be the case since its true consoles never focus on framerate its more of a second thought.

I believe it does, as do most people reporting on this. It used to be OK, but the gaming environment is changing, and 1080p 60FPS is expected and standard on PCs.

It's not just this. We've been hearing leaks and rumors about this for a while now. This is just the latest piece of information. Before this was Crytek wanting more that. Befor that were developers talking about an A10 APU in the PS3. If you hear a rumor often enough and it's consistent, then it's probably true. The weak CPU was reported constantly for the Wii U and it turned out to be true. This is a feature that has become standard on PCs, so I am really curious on how gaming will be in the next few years. (Wii U, PS4, Xbox3, Ouya, PC, Steambox)

Edited by Goose, 18 December 2012 - 07:41 PM.

#34 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Based on the speculations around the Xbox 8... I feel that it will be powered by magical dust and the dreams of infant unicorn fairies

#35 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

https://twitter.com/...752127238889473

He's an id cofounder

tbh ive never noticed the diff between 30 and 60 fps? im more interested in whether the new systems will finally get rid of texture pop in / up and jaggies?
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#36 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

tbh ive never noticed the diff between 30 and 60 fps? im more interested in whether the new systems will finally get rid of texture pop in / up and jaggies?

Texture pop-in - It will probably still exist, but not as bad. The power of the new consoles should improve things, and installing to hard drive should improve things (if they do that). It's pretty much up to devs to work their magic.

Jaggies - Because games will probably be ran at higher resolutions and with slightly higher AA in general, jaggies will probably be less. However, that doesn't mean they'll be nonexistant necessarily. The AA, which works like removal of jaggies, still probably won't be very good on consoles. Removing jaggies is pretty much a PC task.

#37 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

Same here actually. Today I was reading an article about the Agni Philosophy demo and the spec. Square Enix said that their engine uses tessellation to eliminate pop-ins. I don't understand it exactly but it's cool.

#38 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

I believe it does, as do most people reporting on this. It used to be OK, but the gaming environment is changing, and 1080p 60FPS is expected and standard on PCs.

It's not just this. We've been hearing leaks and rumors about this for a while now. This is just the latest piece of information. Before this was Crytek wanting more that. Befor that were developers talking about an A10 APU in the PS3. If you hear a rumor often enough and it's consistent, then it's probably true. The weak CPU was reported constantly for the Wii U and it turned out to be true. This is a feature that has become standard on PCs, so I am really curious on how gaming will be in the next few years. (Wii U, PS4, Xbox3, Ouya, PC, Steambox)

I'm not saying they will not be weaker than people are thinking they are; in fact I believe they will be weaker I was just pointing out that consoles games being 30 fps is a no duh even todays consoles could run their games at 60fps but they choose to focus on graphics instead and run at 20-30 fps and that not going to change they might be a year in the next gen consoles lifetime where they run the majority of their games at 60 fps but than graphics would advanced to far for them and it will be brought back down to 30 fps mark to keep up with the visual fidelity.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 19 December 2012 - 03:01 AM.

#39 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

I want both systems.

#40 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Only big advantage I can see the 720 having over the Omni or Wii U is DX11 support, which'll be huge because you can use tessellation and whatnot to get much more detail out of things, while still using the same models as the other versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!