• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 thunders-shadow

thunders-shadow

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

I'm currently downloading Assassins creed 3 a second time. The first time it took a day and a half. After it got done it said error. So i called nintendo and tried everything, but the only thing they said i could do was delete and re download it. Has anyone else experienced slow downloads?

#2 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

I'm currently downloading Assassins creed 3 a second time. The first time it took a day and a half. After it got done it said error. So i called nintendo and tried everything, but the only thing they said i could do was delete and re download it. Has anyone else experienced slow downloads?

It's a known issue and a lot of people myself included have had slow downloads although with me I've just downloaded the two updates and not any full retail games. Others have had slow downloads with both updates as well as retial and digital only games. Whether Nintendo can or will do something about it is anyone's guess.

By the way this is not only in the wrong forum, as it should be in the hardware forum, but its already been discussed before.

#3 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:34 AM

I just downloaded Darksiders 2 for WiiU, and it clocked in at 6 hours for 10 gigs. The last big download I did for my PS3 was AC 3, and that took right around 18 hours for 17 gigs. That was on release day, though.

Edited by BobbyRiddle, 18 December 2012 - 06:35 AM.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#4 9646gt

9646gt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

Yeah I haven't got to open my Wii U yet, but I was planning to use a LAN adapter to bypass all that wireless lag. But then I found on neogaf that the lan adapter is even SLOWER than the wireless in speed tests! But it IS worth noting that doing a speed test on a WIFI connected laptop vs WIFI connected Wii U showed the Wii U wireless adapter is also much slower than a PC or Mac connected to wireless. So I honestly think alot of this is that the network interfaces on the console are just kind of slow.

#5 Blue22

Blue22

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • NNID:SockNinja!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Even updating the software is hell. I use the discs,
so I wouldn't know the pain of installing an 8-20 GB
game file.

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Nope :)

#7 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

How to speedup Wii U downloads: http://thewiiu.com/t...eed up download

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!