Photo

Idea: Premium Controllers. Please like, vote, and contribute!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 NintendoFan

NintendoFan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

Hello thewiiu.com community!,

I just had a few ideas that I wanted to share with everyone.

First, I will admit that not all of these ideas came to me without outside inspiration. Reading and watching various articles and videos (ex. IGN's video review of the Wii U Pro Controller: http://www.ign.com/v...er-video-review) helped foster my ideas.

I think it would be awesome to have both a Wii U GamePad and Wii U Pro Controller premium. These controllers may cost a little more, but many dedicated gamers would probably agree it would be worth it.

The ideas are as follows, with my most wanted features first and least wanted features last:

Wii U GamePad Controller Premium:
Analog ZL and ZR Triggers instead of digital ones, longer battery life, a slightly crisper screen (although it already looks great for not being truly an HD screen, so this is very minor), a small capacity built-in storage (like the Wii Remotes/Remote Plus', unless it is there and I do not know about it), a non-glossy finish on top (a fingerprint-proof finish) with a possible rubberized grip across the entire bottom and on the sides of the controller (where your hands normally sit when you play with the analog sticks. I could settle with just the fingerprint-proof finish).

Wii U Pro Controller Premium:
Analog ZL and ZR Triggers instead of digital ones, support for a microphone, a small capacity built in storage (like the Wii Remotes/Remote Plus', unless it is there and I do not know about it), a non-glossy finish on the top (a fingerprint-proof finish) with a possible rubberized grip for the handles (though I could settle with just the fingerprint-proof finish).

I am not sure what the Wii U GamePad will cost as a standalone product, but lets assume it will be $99.99 (picked this price from NintendoWorldReport's article: http://www.nintendow....com/news/32717). I would be willing to pay up to $129.99 or so for a premium Wii U GamePad Controller. Price would vary, depending on the added features. This price is considering all of the mentioned ideas.

The Wii U Pro Controller sells for $49.99. I would be willing to pay $59.99 or so for a premium Wii U Pro Controller. Price would vary, depending on the added features. This price is considering all of the mentioned ideas.

I know this is not an official petition, but I hope this stirs people up enough where a petition could happen in the future.

If you like these suggestions, and would like to see them become reality, please hit the "Like This" button. Post something showing you agree and get as many people as you know to vote too!

Also, if you have any suggestions you would like to add, please comment below! Any ideas are welcome, feel free to think out of the box! Just remember, we want it to be affordable enough and profitable enough for Nintendo so there is a greater chance of this becoming a reality.

Take care everyone! :)

Sincerely, NintendoFan

Edited by NintendoFan, 19 December 2012 - 02:51 AM.

#2 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

Analog ZL/ZR buttons would only benefit for racing games. I do agree on the no glossy finish though. The same goes for a mic plug-in on the pro controller.

Posted Image

#3 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

A new pro controller would be ok. But i dont see the point in releasing a whole new gamepad.

Edited by Hunter, 19 December 2012 - 03:25 AM.

#4 9646gt

9646gt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

I just wish Nintendo would have or a Mic port and analog triggers on the pro controller to begin with. Analog triggers should be a industry standard to be expected by now I think

#5 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Hello thewiiu.com community!,
I just had a few ideas that I wanted to share with everyone.
First, I will admit that not all of these ideas came to me without outside inspiration. Reading and watching various articles and videos (ex. IGN's video review of the Wii U Pro Controller: http://www.ign.com/v...er-video-review) helped foster my ideas.
I think it would be awesome to have both a Wii U GamePad and Wii U Pro Controller premium. These controllers may cost a little more, but many dedicated gamers would probably agree it would be worth it.
The ideas are as follows, with my most wanted features first and least wanted features last:
Wii U GamePad Controller Premium:
Analog ZL and ZR Triggers instead of digital ones, longer battery life, a slightly crisper screen (although it already looks great for not being truly an HD screen, so this is very minor), a small capacity built-in storage (like the Wii Remotes/Remote Plus', unless it is there and I do not know about it), a non-glossy finish on top (a fingerprint-proof finish) with a possible rubberized grip across the entire bottom and on the sides of the controller (where your hands normally sit when you play with the analog sticks. I could settle with just the fingerprint-proof finish).
Wii U Pro Controller Premium:
Analog ZL and ZR Triggers instead of digital ones, support for a microphone, a small capacity built in storage (like the Wii Remotes/Remote Plus', unless it is there and I do not know about it), a non-glossy finish on the top (a fingerprint-proof finish) with a possible rubberized grip for the handles (though I could settle with just the fingerprint-proof finish).
I am not sure what the Wii U GamePad will cost as a standalone product, but lets assume it will be $99.99 (picked this price from NintendoWorldReport's article: http://www.nintendow....com/news/32717). I would be willing to pay up to $129.99 or so for a premium Wii U GamePad Controller. Price would vary, depending on the added features. This price is considering all of the mentioned ideas.
The Wii U Pro Controller sells for $49.99. I would be willing to pay $59.99 or so for a premium Wii U Pro Controller. Price would vary, depending on the added features. This price is considering all of the mentioned ideas.
I know this is not an official petition, but I hope this stirs people up enough where a petition could happen in the future.
If you like these suggestions, and would like to see them become reality, please hit the "Like This" button. Post something showing you agree and get as many people as you know to vote too!
Also, if you have any suggestions you would like to add, please comment below! Any ideas are welcome, feel free to think out of the box! Just remember, we want it to be affordable enough and profitable enough for Nintendo so there is a greater chance of this becoming a reality.
Take care everyone! :)
Sincerely, NintendoFan

It's never going to happen so discussing it would be pointless anyway.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

It's never going to happen so discussing it would be pointless anyway.

allow me to go full 4chan on your post for you.

>Nintendo
>controllers
>not going to happen
>Nintendo are not going to introduce new controllers with more features or external redesigns of them.

Anyway, I disagree with you.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

allow me to go full 4chan on your post for you.
>Nintendo
>controllers
>not going to happen
>Nintendo are not going to introduce new controllers with more features or external redesigns of them.
Anyway, I disagree with you.

Like I said its not going to happen and its unrealistic to expect it to happen.

#8 NintendoFan

NintendoFan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Hello everyone!,

Thank you for all of your posts so far, I appreciate it! :)

Personally, I feel if there is enough buzz for something and people can show they will purchase it, Nintendo will listen.

Whether they would implement any of my or your ideas is anyone's guess. The chances of all of these ideas happening are slim, but the chances of some happening are greater.

Something to keep in mind: Nintendo has listened to fans in the past. Two examples are JRPG's (Xenoblade Chronicles, etc.) for the U.S. and the Wii U GamePad's design (gamer's response to Nintendo's Wii U unveiling at E3 2011. The main concern being the circle pads. One year later, Nintendo unveiled their final revised version of the Wii U GamePad, which included analog sticks with buttons. While some game developers themselves wanted this change, the added voice of fans in my opinion cemented this to become reality).

Everyone has their own opinion: To his/her own.

This is a thread to foster ideas and acts as a petition, so I ask that if you disagree, show that by not posting please. Thank you. :)

Lets continue this thread!

Oh, and if you want to submit suggestions to Nintendo, you can call them, but it can only be a certain kind of suggestion. Any game ideas, ideas for brand new products, expecting a call back to see if your idea has been taken, etc. are not accepted (and understandably so). If you have recommendations for any products that you feel would improve that product, those ideas are accepted.

I look forward to everyone's posts! :)

Take care everyone. :)

Sincerely, NintendoFan

Edited by NintendoFan, 19 December 2012 - 06:00 PM.

#9 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Nintendo only needs to allow audio to enter from the USB ports since Audio can already exit them. As for the triggers... I personally don't like racing games at all so I'd rather have them this way... but I with they were like the Gamecube's godly triggers..

#10 NintendoFan

NintendoFan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

Nintendo only needs to allow audio to enter from the USB ports since Audio can already exit them. As for the triggers... I personally don't like racing games at all so I'd rather have them this way... but I with they were like the Gamecube's godly triggers..

Hello Goose,

Thank you for your contribution, I appreciate it! :)

I do not know much about the technical area you are referring to. What would be an advantage for allowing the USB to accept audio in? Just curious.

Take care! :)

Sincerely, NintendoFan

Edited by NintendoFan, 19 December 2012 - 10:29 PM.

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

I HATE gloss, love the Wii U, hate the finger prints, seriously shiny is becoming so uncool, what is it with companies and shiny products :( I think the Wii U would have been so much cooler with a matte finish.

#12 NintendoFan

NintendoFan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

I HATE gloss, love the Wii U, hate the finger prints, seriously shiny is becoming so uncool, what is it with companies and shiny products :( I think the Wii U would have been so much cooler with a matte finish.

Hello UnchainedGoku,

In my opinion, I think the reason companies come out with shiny, glossed products is a fairly simple one: It catches people's eyes. The ooh...ahh...shiny sort-of-a-thing.

One example is the Nintendo 3DS. When the Nintendo 3DS first came out, the handheld had a glossy finish. Later, Nintendo unveiled the Nintendo 3DS XL, and the glossy finish was replaced with a more fingerprint resistant finish.

It is possible other factors could be at play too, I just think it is a marketing decision.

Keep the ideas flowing!

Take care. :)

Sincerely, NintendoFan

#13 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

Hello Goose,

Thank you for your contribution, I appreciate it! :)

I do not know much about the technical area you are referring to. What would be an advantage for allowing the USB to accept audio in? Just curious.

Sincerely, NintendoFan

This guy explains everything perfectly.

#14 NintendoFan

NintendoFan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hello Goose,

Thank you for your post, I appreciate it. :)

Alright, I see. It seems the quality of the mic isn't there yet then, at least for what he is using.

I am actually familiar with that guy, I have seen him in the past. He is good. :)

Sincerely, NintendoFan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!