• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Crimson_Engage

Crimson_Engage

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

Wii U Game Pads are now available for sale individually in the UK for £89. That price tag translates into $144 US dollars.

http://gimmegimmegames.com/2012/12/individual-wii-u-game-pads-go-on-sale-for-89/

I don't see this price being too justifiable. Now if it could make me some coffee, then ok. This is stupid.

#2 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

Alright.. here's the catch.

IT HAS A BIG MOTHERhorsing SCREEN ON IT! Was everyone expecting it to be the price of a regular controller? It's common sense, more parts = more expensive.

#3 hohi

hohi

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

Well, instead of getting the gamepad (Which I predicted to be very expensive), I already plan of importing another Wii U console (Basic) but from US :)

Edited by hohi, 19 December 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#4 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

I would expect lower than $144 for the US, taking into account the exchange rates and all.
expected non the less, I was thinking it would be £80, but I expect as more places sell them it will go down in price a bit.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#5 Crimson_Engage

Crimson_Engage

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

IT HAS A BIG MOTHERhorsing SCREEN ON IT! Was everyone expecting it to be the price of a regular controller? It's common sense, more parts = more expensive.

And? The screen is still made of plastic. (which in this day and age is CHEAP)

Guess, i'll just have to wait for Mad Catz to make their own cheaper version of the GamePad until the Wii U's go on sale.

I suggest everyone take good care of the one that came with the console lest you want to spend a small fortune. Not sure about you, but for me money doesn't grow on horsing trees.

Edited by Crimson_Engage, 19 December 2012 - 02:10 PM.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Wii U Game Pads are now available for sale individually in the UK for £89. That price tag translates into $144 US dollars.

http://gimmegimmegam...on-sale-for-89/

I don't see this price being too justifiable. Now if it could make me some coffee, then ok. This is stupid.

They cost £83 to manufacture, so 89 is actually a fantastic price.

Also, expect 100 USD, since lol, exchange rates.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

http://gimmegimmegames.com/2012/12/individual-wii-u-game-pads-go-on-sale-for-89/

I don't think you're being very realistic considering the Gamepad is one of the most expensive parts and the cost of replacement as a repair part is around $80-$85. You are underestimating the cost to manufacture it. Whilst it is a pretty high price its not on the unrealistic side.

#8 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Guess, i'll just have to wait for Mad Catz to make their own cheaper version of the GamePad until the Wii U's go on sale.

I suggest everyone take good care of the one that came with the console lest you want to spend a small fortune. Not sure about you, but for me money doesn't grow on horsing trees.

You seem to be forgetting, its got an LCD screen in it, some of the most precise motion sensors out there (much better than PS3) and a low-latency proprietery audio/video streaming tech.

Have you seen the Android tablets at £80? The LCD screens are utter garbage compared to the Wii U GamePad. So I can totally believe that it costs this much to make the GamePad.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

What?

No the casing is made out of plastic, the screen is a liquid crystal display.

It also contains video cameras, microphones, a triaxial accelerometer, triaxial gyroscope, triaxial magnometer, near field communication receptor, and high speed high bandwidth bluetooth. Faster than any wireless controller ever on market.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

144 is a better deal than it was before.

#11 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

But here's the deal: you don't need it right now.

#12 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

Kindle fire is $180. This is $145.

The controller doesn't have any internal processors, it has a resistive touch screen, and a lower resolution screen. I don't think it should be over $90.

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Kindle fire is $180. This is $145.

The controller doesn't have any internal processors, it has a resistive touch screen, and a lower resolution screen. I don't think it should be over $90.

It has a gyro, accelerometer, MAGNETS, buttons, wireless (not sure if kindle has wireless), does it have a touch screen?, is it colour? I really dunno what kindle's like...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

It has a gyro, accelerometer, MAGNETS, buttons, wireless (not sure if kindle has wireless), does it have a touch screen?, is it colour? I really dunno what kindle's like...

I believe the Kindle Fire (the tablet in question here) has a color, capacitive touch screen and Wi-Fi. Not sure about bluetooth...

This is in no way an argument against you, though. If it costs around 90-some dollars to manufacture, $100 is an insanely low price. At least in comparison to Apple products. Manufactured at $75 and sold at $300... :P

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#15 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

**heart sinks** everything is going downhill for the U, awful CPU, overpriced gamepad (I Guess not overpriced, but expensive) TVii nowhere in sight, slow interface, almost no 3rd party support, and no headphone jack on the pro controller.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#16 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

**heart sinks** everything is going downhill for the U, awful CPU, overpriced gamepad (I Guess not overpriced, but expensive) TVii nowhere in sight, slow interface, almost no 3rd party support, and no headphone jack on the pro controller.

Tvii comes tomorrow, apparently, though I don't think I'll use it. Like, at all... And an update is supposed to come to fix slow load times, so that's 2 things you can check off that list... :3

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#17 lorddionigi

lorddionigi

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

well TVii tomorrow and faster OS by x-mas

#18 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

$100 or less or I'm not getting another one. Looks like the Wii U will be my solo-play console.

#19 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Lol, you're thinking of the old kindle where it's read only. The new one is a 7inch tablet. I probably should have referenced the Nexus 7.

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fire-Amazon-tablet/dp/B0083Q04IQ

Just like the iPad mini or Nexus 7, only cheaper. I'm saying if Amazon can sell a superior product for $175, then this tablet controller should be much cheaper. The pro controller is $50, I don't think a gyro and touch screen adds 90 dollars.

#20 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

That's a lot but I do understand why, now I must go put some impact air bags in my GamePad, back in 5 :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!