• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 morph1230

morph1230

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

Just for peace of mind here, Does anybody else have a creaking gamepad?
Bottom left and bottom right, It doesnt seem loose as in the front plate not connected to the back but more like the back plate (matt piece) is not sealed to the front.
I can apply a little pressure to the pads on the rear where your fingers grip and it creaks and moves away from edge of front plate. Usually happens after been playing for 10 minutes and the pad has got warm in my hands. (sweaty black ops 2 palms).
It feels like just a build issue with the back plate being thinnish plastic. Just a little annoying. Like I said doesnt feel loose as in not screwed together.
Just wondering if anyone else has it? Or if maybe it is a fault and needs to go back (after christmas haha)

#2 Binky_1221

Binky_1221

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

Mine does too. I don't see these controllers being too durable. Which is a shame since they're basically forced upon us and cost $150.

#3 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Nope, it's durable all right.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#4 morph1230

morph1230

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

I know it can be dropped, as i think mine could just asking if other people have the creaking? I dont doubt the screws it just feel like it isnt sealed around edge correctly so i moves.

#5 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

It's the plastic. As long as you don't tense up, you should be fine. That's how I stopped mine.

Posted Image

#6 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

you should compare it to another gamepad if you can, to make sure its not a fault with yours. It may just be because the plastic on the back flexes more than the front when you hold it tight.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#7 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

Mine was doing that when I was gripping really tight, as was said before. when I loosened my deathgrip it stopped doing it. I got the pro pad to play more intense games like COD so I would be a little more at ease.

#8 morph1230

morph1230

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

This makes me feel better, Need to loosen my vicelike grip. It defo flexes more on back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!