• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 teuvo80

teuvo80

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

Got a Wii U for christmas. At start the system update didn't work (could not connect to server). Then I played Nintendoland for 40 minutes with no problems. After shutting the system down and trying to start it up a little later i found that I get no signal to tv and the pad doesn't connect with the console ( the console can be turned on with the pad however). After turning the console on there is constant blue light on. The console cannot be turned off with the power button nor with the pad. Have you experienced similar problems? Is there something I can do to fix the problem myself?

#2 monney30P

monney30P

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

I'm having the exact same problem! I have no idea how to fix it. At least I'm not alone!

I figured it out! My Wii U was just overheating. I let it cool off for nine hours and now everything is back to normal. Yay!

#3 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

I am not sure but i think the Wii U might download the update in the background, if it did it may have tried to install when you turned it off.

#4 alexthejedi13

alexthejedi13

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Tobuscus

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

This is the second day for me and I'm having the same problem. Yesterday I played NintendoLand for hours and I had no problem with any updates. Today I tried to play my WiiU and it is frozen on the home menu. It wouldn't turn off so I unplugged it and now I am just letting it take a break. I'm going to see if it works later and then I might exchange it if I need to.

#5 gnome#4

gnome#4

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

It seems that I am having worse luck. I have gotten the black screen right off the hop. My U is flashing a blue light. After six hours, it has made no difference. And yes, the HDMI cable is hooked up, turned to the proper input, etc, etc. The gamepad just tells me to turn on my tv and change to proper input. I have yet to see any home screen or "System update required" on my tv. Really frustrating.

#6 Apokolips

Apokolips

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

Well, I might have a solution ;) call --> 1-800-255-3700

#7 monney30P

monney30P

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

It seems that I am having worse luck. I have gotten the black screen right off the hop. My U is flashing a blue light. After six hours, it has made no difference. And yes, the HDMI cable is hooked up, turned to the proper input, etc, etc. The gamepad just tells me to turn on my tv and change to proper input. I have yet to see any home screen or "System update required" on my tv. Really frustrating.

I've heard that the flashing blue light is an indicator that something is wrong and you should call Nintendo. I think you got a defective unit. :(

#8 gnome#4

gnome#4

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

I should have replied sooner. I managed to get ahold of electronics in the Wal Mart I bought it from. Sensing that the teenage expert on the other end of the line was about to begin troubleshooting everything I already have, I cut him off quickly and assured him I have tried everything I could possibly think of. He then shocked me by allowing me to come and exchange one. On Boxing Day. What a nice young man. Within an hour of my original post, I had a U that was actually responding. About another hour after that, my son and I were playing the latest Mario Bros game. The two units I had were like black and white. Pun intended.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!