• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jazzuri

jazzuri

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Various ways I've discovered to play my WiiU off screen whilst using the gamepad in a different room

Not sure I've seen this method of play in any of the online reviews, blogs, etc...

Whilst it may seem unlikely that anyone would want to use their wii mote or pro controller when the gamepad already has its own controllers...? the option exists for those interested....

My thoughts are that Nintendo might actually release a video out connector of some kind allowing you to hook your gamepad up to an additional external device. For example, it would be great if I could connect the gamepad to my projector in the theatre room and play COD without having to move the console for those games that support off screen play.

And for those of us playing say black ops 2 in double screen mode... the ability to view the game on the gamepad on a  bigger screen via some form of video out(even if the resolution isn't upscaled 1080p) would be a fantastic addition.

PS. Im using a battery operated infra bar to operate the wiimote which is located in a different room to my Wii u console. The pro controller works anywhere in our 2 story home. The only limitation is how far the gamepad can travel before it loses the signal. Though Im sure some form of signal extender might appear in the not so distant future..?

Edited by jazzuri, 25 December 2012 - 07:34 PM.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

I believe I've seen a video of the wiimote working with the upad's integrated sensor bar in blops.

It wasn't this one but yeah,

Edited by Nollog, 25 December 2012 - 07:38 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 jazzuri

jazzuri

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

I believe I've seen a video of the wiimote working with the upad's integrated sensor bar in blops.

It wasn't this one but yeah,

Really? I did not know it had an integrated sensor bar. I will check that out. Awesome if it works....
Ive been using my battery operated one...

Edited by jazzuri, 25 December 2012 - 07:41 PM.

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

Really? I did not know it had an integrated sensor bar. I will check that out. Awesome if it works....
Ive been using my battery operated one...

Yeah, you can even see the leds in your video.
They show up in camera footage but are invisible to the naked eye.

Didn't know the propad worked though, that's kind of funny really.Or maybe pointless.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

Kinda pointless (unless your mom wants to watch tv for example and you prefer Wiimotes) but still, why not, funny option.
No sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!