#1 alexthejedi13

alexthejedi13

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Tobuscus

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

I got a WiiU for Christmas and it was amazing! I set it up and then my friends and I played NintendoLand for hours, it was super fun! However, today I tried to turn it on and it froze. It started up normal and I clicked on my registered user and then the home menu froze. The TV was only showing the white background and the gamepad was frozen on the home menu but nothing was working. I unplugged it because the power button wasn't working no matter how long I held it. I haven't turned it on yet, I figured I would just give it a break.

I don't understand why this happened. The first, hour-long update was fine and I had no problem with other updates as well. The experience was really smooth and I have no clue why it would freeze on the second day. Has anyone else had this problem? If so what can I do to fix this or should I just get it repaired? Thanks for any help.

#2 Kiki Neko-Chan

Kiki Neko-Chan

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii/U, The Sims

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

I got a WiiU for Christmas and it was amazing! I set it up and then my friends and I played NintendoLand for hours, it was super fun! However, today I tried to turn it on and it froze. It started up normal and I clicked on my registered user and then the home menu froze. The TV was only showing the white background and the gamepad was frozen on the home menu but nothing was working. I unplugged it because the power button wasn't working no matter how long I held it. I haven't turned it on yet, I figured I would just give it a break.

I don't understand why this happened. The first, hour-long update was fine and I had no problem with other updates as well. The experience was really smooth and I have no clue why it would freeze on the second day. Has anyone else had this problem? If so what can I do to fix this or should I just get it repaired? Thanks for any help.

Right now, it's pretty normal to encounter freezing. My scribblenauts game freezes around 4-6 times a day..

Add Mii on miiverse:

thewiiuguy

^ dayum what a creative name

#3 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

I get freezing all the time. I just hope Nintendo fixes it soon...

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#4 alexthejedi13

alexthejedi13

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Tobuscus

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

The only problem is that I can't update the WiiU or fix anything because I can't get off of the home menu:( Do you think that I could exchange it somewhere?

#5 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

The only problem is that I can't update the WiiU or fix anything because I can't get off of the home menu:( Do you think that I could exchange it somewhere?

If you're still having this issue then you need to unplug the console power supply then plug it back in. This is the only way to get past the freezing issue.

#6 RAD

RAD

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

I've had 2 do this and have sent them back, first for a replacement then for a refund (Amazon)
http://thewiiu.com/t...re-bugs-so-far/

My original post #18

#7 gazza255

gazza255

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

hi,dont supose you found a fix for this did you?ive played on my wii u twice and went to turn it on yesterday and it wont even boot to home screen it just freezes on boot up and every time i have to disconect the power lead to turn it off.ive phoned nintendo to see if they could repair it free of charge but i told them i didnt have a recipt and they said i will have to pay even tho the console is under warranty.thanks in advance

#8 WMT1st

WMT1st

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • NNID:WolfeDude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and ZombiU

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

I hear it can still freeze after you unplug it. It really just depends on what the source of the problem is. I've hear it freezes alot on Zombi U.

35i3i3d.jpg

#9 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

I haven't had a single freeze since the last update. Before that i had about 4-5 playing nintendoland.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

I've only had one freeze so far and that was when trying to test the mic in the settings. I've had the console since launch. It does seem a bit worrying though especially if it freezes whilst a system or app update is actually being installed.

#11 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

Mine has frozen twice in the 3 days I have had it. Even before I bought it I had heard about this problem. Hopefully it's a software thing and can be fixed in the next few updates.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: frozen, WiiU, update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!