• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 KarlMarx1818

KarlMarx1818

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

It's early doors at the moment so graphics wise there isn't going to be anything mind blowing yet but I am curious what people think will be the first Next Generation Game (graphics significantly better than the 360 and PS3) to be released?

In terms of confirmed titles Bayonetta 2 is an exclusive purpose built for the Wii U. Perhaps Aliens: Colonial Marines will look significantly better than the other ports (but I doubt it).

It'd be nice to see a title next year that really allow the Wii U to flex its muscles.

#2 the gamz girnalizt

the gamz girnalizt

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    criticising nintendo

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

I'd say the next Zelda game, because of the E3 2011 demo.

gamz girnalizm all da way

#3 KarlMarx1818

KarlMarx1818

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

I think your right Zelda looks the most likely.

A new Metriod title?

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

Anything built for the Wii U, using a next gen engine will look great. All these early games are built using last gen tech and most on early dev kit builds. Soon as we get major exclusives and more developers getting ready to develop using next gen engines, we will see some great graphics.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

Zombie looks good.
But really we need games build from the ground up on the true system spec
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 jdub stl

jdub stl

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

i dont even think bayonetta 2 will be that much of a stand out. The next zelda should and hopefully will be

#7 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

The first high-profile first party release I can think of is Pikmin 3. The screenshots look awesome!

Edited by WiiNC, 27 December 2012 - 02:06 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

Yeah, I doubt bayonetta 2 will do much new.
It's exclusive because Sega (I think) wouldn't publish it, so it's been in development for the other consoles for a while.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

Aliens Colonial Marines will look better than current gen.
If Watchdogs is confirmed that will.
And Project C.A.R.S won't be as scaled down as the other versions. It will look the best behind PC.

#10 thunderspider

thunderspider

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

I think the Wii U will do better than Wii in graphics during life time evolution. You see the Wii , it was exactly a Gamecube with overclock,the Technology is mostly the same. With the Wii U, we have a console made from the scratch. Four times more RAM than current consoles, a CPU so efficient that even with a much lower clock can run the current games even with a totally different code, different architecture, and being straight ports, with few problems, and some times even better. And the Wii U as some developers said have a much better GPU. So i think that even if the console will be weaker compared with the Sony and Microsoft Next gen systems, i think it will be much better compared with Wii in this gen. And i think also that the new Sony and Microsoft systems will not repeat the same leap as they did the current gen.

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Project Cars is a next gen game nuff said.

Edited by Mr.Saturn, 27 December 2012 - 04:16 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#12 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

more realistic looking graphics varing between games depending on funding.

aliens has confirmed better graphics than other ports. aliens also seems like it has been delayed for wiiU version, which hopefully means exclusive features using the extra power. at minimum more time to implement better graphics. wiiU has been confirmed by its developers to run beyond what they can do on xbox/ps3 so are likly finding ways to put more in.

#13 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Graphics are not important, it's all about gameplay, however we really need to get some games that will at least be approved by the less intelligent gamer demographic that solely believe that graphics=good game.
Hopefully when we finally do get to see the next Zelda on WiiU it will be somewhere around the quality of the tech demo or better.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#14 Omarsonic9

Omarsonic9

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

Graphics are not important, it's all about gameplay, however we really need to get some games that will at least be approved by the less intelligent gamer demographic that solely believe that graphics=good game.
Hopefully when we finally do get to see the next Zelda on WiiU it will be somewhere around the quality of the tech demo or better.

Graphics are important. But yes, its all about the gameplay. However, the graphics (like CoD) which are extremely real.. SCREW THAT!
Lets hope Nintendo sticks with Nintendo Land's & NSMBU's graphics which are very colorful. (which means AWESOME)

sig.gif

#15 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Bayonetta 2 is going to surprise some of you guys.

#16 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Graphics are important. But yes, its all about the gameplay. However, the graphics (like CoD) which are extremely real.. SCREW THAT!
Lets hope Nintendo sticks with Nintendo Land's & NSMBU's graphics which are very colorful. (which means AWESOME)

Except for Retro's game. That better look real.

#17 jejaynes

jejaynes

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Fandom:
    Donkey Kong, Starfox, Mario, Pikmin....

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

Except for Retro's game. That better look real.

I want a Donkey Kong Country from Retro... Seeing DK as a realistic gorilla would be.... Scary.

Posted Image

#18 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

I think its more the case of having a smoother frame rate and a solid 720p native resolution rather than being lower or dynamic.

There is no doubt that Wii U games should be able to have higher resolution textures and better lighting, which DOES look better. However from the many comments I read online, I doubt most people will notice the improvements.

I had this problem on PC recently. I tried running GTA IV on it and it didn't seem any better than on console, even though I knew it must be as it was using a lot more video memory and my graphics card was much more powerful than the consoles. However it was only recently when I upgraded the GPU and so was able to jump from 720p to 1080p with a better frame rate, that the difference became huge enough to be immediately obvious.

The thing is, it takes 200W of electricity and a small tornado in my PC to pull that off, a LOT more power than the Wii U is capable of.

So while yes there will be an improvement, it might not be very obvious to most people. Often its little things that make the game "feel" better, like the dynamic real-time shadows GTA IV has on PC in the higher settings, so that the headlights of your car cast realistic shadows from the object you are driving past. That was one example of a "wow" moment I had where it might seem like a little thing, but it makes the world feel more real.

Of course it goes without saying that Nintendos own games will look awesome. When you are focusing more on cartoon-like worlds you can really make a game look awesome without needing to mimic all that real-world stuff.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#19 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

Anything built for the Wii U, using a next gen engine will look great. All these early games are built using last gen tech and most on early dev kit builds. Soon as we get major exclusives and more developers getting ready to develop using next gen engines, we will see some great graphics.

Crytek said there is a game being developed for the Wii U with their Cry 3 engine.

#20 thunderspider

thunderspider

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

Ok, now you let me curious, how do you know ? I mean, a think Bayonetta 2 can surprise us, but i'm no sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!