60 replies to this topic

#41 CoffeeBuzz

CoffeeBuzz

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

First gen WII wtf

That would be the first Nintendo Wii (first gen - non hd) the Wii U being their second Hardware unit with the Wii title.. why was that not clear?
Anyway, I think those scenes are real time in game shots for the reasons already stated.

Edited by CoffeeBuzz, 29 December 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#42 KarlMarx1818

KarlMarx1818

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

In terms of first party titles, an F-Zero U could be the best vehicle (pun!) for next generation graphics on the Wii U. But then how much better would it look compared to Wipeout HD?!

#43 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

That would be the first Nintendo Wii (first gen - non hd) the Wii U being their second Hardware unit with the Wii title.. why was that not clear?
Anyway, I think those scenes are real time in game shots for the reasons already stated.

What I mean
Assuming I'm used to first gen Wii graphics? come on. I'm believing some of those are cutscenes. For instance, the house looks like it is from a quick cutscene before you walk inside of the house. The ones with the humans weren't cutscenes.

But we'll see when we get more info.

Edited by Soul, 30 December 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#44 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Crytek said there is a game being developed for the Wii U with their Cry 3 engine.

This i would love to see happen on Wii U....... :o

Found this regarding Crytek Confirming CryEngine 3 is running on Wii U and Crytek states they full support Nintendo's new console :)

http://wiiudaily.com...nning-on-wii-u/

Then i found this (newer article than the last).... Crytek confirms there is a game in development for Wii U using CryEngine 3 and "it looks really great". Though its not being made by Crytek due to working on Crysis 3.

http://wiiudaily.com...s-really-great/

Also here is some good insight on Wii U spec's from Crytek (pretty nice to hear coming from such a reputable developer)...

"Yerli had more praise for the Wii U when it comes to the hardware specs, saying that he doesn’t understand the concern that the Wii U isn’t powerful enough, adding, “from my perspective the Wii U is minimum as powerful as Xbox 360″.

CryTek said last year that the Wii U specs were very good, and that its studio in Nottingham have access to dev kits in order to port the CryEngine 3 to the platform. CryEngine 3 isn’t the only modern game engine coming to the Wii U — the console also supports Unreal Engine 3, id Tech 5, to name a few. It’s also rumored that the new Unreal Engine 4 will be available on the console."

Edited by ChrisTerror, 30 December 2012 - 09:35 PM.

#45 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

Found this regarding Crytek Confirming CryEngine 3 is running on Wii U and Crytek states they full support Nintendo's new console :)

Then i found this (newer article than the last).... Crytek confirms there is a game in development for Wii U using CryEngine 3 and "it looks really great". Though its not being made by Crytek due to working on Crysis 3.

Also here is some good insight on Wii U spec's from Crytek (pretty nice to hear coming from such a reputable developer)...

"Yerli had more praise for the Wii U when it comes to the hardware specs, saying that he doesn’t understand the concern that the Wii U isn’t powerful enough, adding, “from my perspective the Wii U is minimum as powerful as Xbox 360″.

CryTek said last year that the Wii U specs were very good, and that its studio in Nottingham have access to dev kits in order to port the CryEngine 3 to the platform. CryEngine 3 isn’t the only modern game engine coming to the Wii U — the console also supports Unreal Engine 3, id Tech 5, to name a few. It’s also rumored that the new Unreal Engine 4 will be available on the console."

said this before crytek has dx11 game engine running on ps360 which are dx9 capable GPU's. Wii U "STARTED" with a dx10.1 capable GPU "BEFORE" they modified it and added all the bells and whistles. Wii U will be fine and games built from the ground up will "stand out".

Edited by GAMER1984, 30 December 2012 - 10:35 PM.

#46 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

The game will likely be Sniper Elite V2 which is disappointing for me.

#47 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

The game will likely be Sniper Elite V2 which is disappointing for me.

people are forgetting the actual quote... Crytek said they were "WORKING" with nintendo. that means one of three things to me. 1. they are helping nintendo develop their in house engine they will use for this gen on Wii u. 2. they are working on an exclusive game for Wii U that no one knows about "YET". 3. nintendo is going to use Cryengine3 for one of their 1st party titles. Could we even imagine what metroid prime 4 could look like developed by Retro using Cryengine3.... would turn the industry on its head!

Here is the quote.

"I wouldn't say there's no chance," he said. "I wouldn't say no chance. I mean the Wii U still doesn't have any kind of release [date] attached to it at this point. Who knows what the future will bring with it. I can definitely say that we are working with Nintendo, and that's about all I can say on that front.

Edited by GAMER1984, 30 December 2012 - 10:34 PM.

#48 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

Hilariously, Nintendo land is doing a lot that 360/ps3 gpu's arent capable of, but is being completely ignored because of its art style.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#49 KarlMarx1818

KarlMarx1818

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

Hilariously, Nintendo land is doing a lot that 360/ps3 gpu's arent capable of, but is being completely ignored because of its art style.

sounds interesting. what kind of things do you mean?

#50 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

sounds interesting. what kind of things do you mean?

I'm curious about that to.

#51 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Well, the lighting is pretty obvious. Then there are the gratuitous texture layers, on like everything. Its not always about things 360/ps3 cant do, but doing it better and a lot more at the same time. Have any of you actually taken a good look at the trophies in nintendo lands lobby? Tons of texture layering. specular mapping, dot3, embm, cube mapping (gets stretched a little too much on larger surfaces), luminosity/radiosity maps, gi, sub surface light scattering (super important, subtle but very important for realistic lighting) with its shadow mapping being the only noticable weak link despite EVERY object having the same level of attention to detail. some shadow maps are noticably low res, having very large noticable artifacting (in the form of large jaggies). Nintendo attempted to hide this via some bizarre artifact/glitch looking line dithering. Works well enough a bit away, but falls apart in 1st person mode up close.

Any of you paid attention to what happens to enemy character models when your sword makes contact with them in zelda?

or gotten to the last levels of the extra modes in zelda, metroid, or pikmin?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#52 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

Well, the lighting is pretty obvious. Then there are the gratuitous texture layers, on like everything. Its not always about things 360/ps3 cant do, but doing it better and a lot more at the same time. Have any of you actually taken a good look at the trophies in nintendo lands lobby? Tons of texture layering. specular mapping, dot3, embm, cube mapping (gets stretched a little too much on larger surfaces), luminosity/radiosity maps, gi, sub surface light scattering (super important, subtle but very important for realistic lighting) with its shadow mapping being the only noticable weak link despite EVERY object having the same level of attention to detail. some shadow maps are noticably low res, having very large noticable artifacting (in the form of large jaggies). Nintendo attempted to hide this via some bizarre artifact/glitch looking line dithering. Works well enough a bit away, but falls apart in 1st person mode up close.

Any of you paid attention to what happens to enemy character models when your sword makes contact with them in zelda?

or gotten to the last levels of the extra modes in zelda, metroid, or pikmin?

Nope I haven't played too much of Nintendo land but I guess I start playing to get to where you are talking about now.

#53 GODLIKE

GODLIKE

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

i have to agree with u 160% cause i noticed how the graphics imediately looked different from what im use to seeing on ps360,i started to say if this is what the wii u is capable of, then alot of people are gonna eat there words about wii u's graphics come 2013 when games are gonna even look better than what we already seeing.and im pretty sure those games arent even scratching the surface and yet it loooks amazing.raymond legends out all wii u games blew me away graphically. mind u ive played all the rayman and none never looked as good as raymond legends,makes me proud to own a wii u. one thing for sure i glad they went with gpgpu thats what gonna keep the wii u stay in the console race for sure.

#54 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

I hope Nintendo, or a third party are working on something to really push the Wii U. Something that feels like a power leap, not just from the Wii but from the PS3/360.
Unfortunately Nintendo seems out of the loop when it comes to such titles. Hopefully Retro Studios will pull something out of it's behind with it's "Untitled Project"

All of Nintendos teams known for graphical prowess are hard at work on wii u games (metroid prime, galaxy, zelda, xenoblade, all these games teams).... Yet not a single screen has been shown. Nintendo is definately waiting to ruin somebodies announcement.

Ill just say this, retro has been aggressively hiring (the increase in power means an.exponential increase in workload, particularly for the quality style retro maintains, they need more people) What they are looking for now is software engineers.

But They are being rather specific in skill sets. They are asking for subject matter experts in physics, and large scale particle systems.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#55 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

All of Nintendos teams known for graphical prowess are hard at work on wii u games (metroid prime, galaxy, zelda, xenoblade, all these games teams).... Yet not a single screen has been shown. Nintendo is definately waiting to ruin somebodies announcement.

Ill just say this, retro has been aggressively hiring (the increase in power means an.exponential increase in workload, particularly for the quality style retro maintains, they need more people) What they are looking for now is software engineers.

But They are being rather specific in skill sets. They are asking for subject matter experts in physics, and large scale particle systems.

Where are you getting all that info? Any articles you could link to by any chance?

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#56 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

Where are you getting all that info? Any articles you could link to by any chance?

Well, last year some Nintendo studios publicly hired lots of game designers. From: Crytek, Vigil, Naughty Dog, etc.

And we know Monolith Soft is working on something. Search Monolith Soft project

And we know they are working on Smash Bros.
E3 2011

And Retro is working on something.

http://www.retrostudios.com/careers.asp

Edited by Soul, 03 January 2013 - 11:48 AM.

#57 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Aliens Colonial Marines will look better than current gen.
If Watchdogs is confirmed that will.
And Project C.A.R.S won't be as scaled down as the other versions. It will look the best behind PC.

What I've seen from Project Cars I can't see it really outdoes Forza4.

Graphics are not important, it's all about gameplay, however we really need to get some games that will at least be approved by the less intelligent gamer demographic that solely believe that graphics=good game.
Hopefully when we finally do get to see the next Zelda on WiiU it will be somewhere around the quality of the tech demo or better.

No, but advance physics and ai need to be next gen too

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#58 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

CE3 Metroid would be.. wow.
No sig.

#59 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

Lol, for retro? try retro studios website under careers/ current job listings.

Everything else? publicly announced in nintendo directs and in interviews with reggie.

Edited by 3Dude, 03 January 2013 - 10:03 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#60 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Lol, try retro studios website under careers/job listings.

Why the lol? I was just asking because I was interested in reading more

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!