Photo

How the Wii U will handle against the new Consoles?

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#121 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

3DS developers hoped one because 3DS is doing well. same will likly happen this time around.

IGN claimed xbox720 is 20% more powerful than wiiU, and the xbox fanboys started complaining. i wondered where did they get that #. best source i can think of is a multyplay in development for both systems giving that result.

i woundered if that included kennect/windows 8 slowing it down(if multyplat then yes). or they saw the previews of wiiU capabilities, like X which looks like it could be 5x more capable than xbox. but current minimum capabilities were raised to 2x above 360(expected to happen by anyone who saw and understood specs,) but that was a issue to fanboys. course fanboys were pissed when nintendo didnt release another wii, giving more competition =/.

#122 thunderspider

thunderspider

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

So, it looks like the PS4 will have 4gb RAM and 8 cores cpu, 1.6ghz.. so this still in the 3 to 6 times wii u range?

#123 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

So, it looks like the PS4 will have 4gb RAM and 8 cores cpu, 1.6ghz.. so this still in the 3 to 6 times wii u range?

3-6 range if the 2x power of xbox360 is true and PS4 did a good job pushing its power to the max. the last PS consuls on paper had very high stats, but had a very very hard time achieving them. so it is very questinable if they fegured that out and turned away or not. xbox 720 is wasting power on a poor OS/kennect that they may or may not get around. wiiU is simply weaker but will almost definitly be the most effieciant.

i currently have PS4 at the .9x-3x range. .9 is assuming PS4 does their traditional paper preformance> real life preformance. xbox is currently 1x to 3x range as well. anything higher for. wiiU GPU adn CPU capabilities except they need different optimizations are unkown =/.

#124 thunderspider

thunderspider

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

3-6 range if the 2x power of xbox360 is true and PS4 did a good job pushing its power to the max. the last PS consuls on paper had very high stats, but had a very very hard time achieving them. so it is very questinable if they fegured that out and turned away or not. xbox 720 is wasting power on a poor OS/kennect that they may or may not get around. wiiU is simply weaker but will almost definitly be the most effieciant.

i currently have PS4 at the .9x-3x range. .9 is assuming PS4 does their traditional paper preformance> real life preformance. xbox is currently 1x to 3x range as well. anything higher for. wiiU GPU adn CPU capabilities except they need different optimizations are unkown =/.

By xbox you mean the 720? i mean, if the new consoles beat the Wii U "just " by 3x, it will be very disappointing for people expecting a Wii/360 scenario.

#125 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

So much jargon and guesses i still don't know how much more powerful the WiiU is compared to the 360 so god knows about the 720/PS4.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#126 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

So much jargon and guesses i still don't know how much more powerful the WiiU is compared to the 360 so god knows about the 720/PS4.

nobody noes.

but someone put out speculation about he wiiU supposinly being overclockable, to intentianly get competiotion to underestimage wiiU, then bam, show more power.
^^ but that is the most likly BS rumor, support comes from dev kits being underclocked earlyone(and that was raised), standered PC tend to be ajustable, and the wiiU hasent used its cooling system yet, so y would it need it? still unlikly.

but currently id expect a well optimized wiiU game to be around 4x possibly 5x the power of 360. a poorly done one to be ruffly 1-2x the 360. but the at minimum amount is slowly going up.

#127 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

I have doubts that nothing can save the Wii u once the PS4 and 720 comes out -__-

#128 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

nobody noes.
but someone put out speculation about he wiiU supposinly being overclockable, to intentianly get competiotion to underestimage wiiU, then bam, show more power.
^^ but that is the most likly BS rumor, support comes from dev kits being underclocked earlyone(and that was raised), standered PC tend to be ajustable, and the wiiU hasent used its cooling system yet, so y would it need it? still unlikly.
but currently id expect a well optimized wiiU game to be around 4x possibly 5x the power of 360. a poorly done one to be ruffly 1-2x the 360. but the at minimum amount is slowly going up.

The wii u cpu has a 4 stage instruction pipeline, it can NOT be overclocked.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#129 thunderspider

thunderspider

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

I have doubts that nothing can save the Wii u once the PS4 and 720 comes out -__-

Why?

#130 Jacob

Jacob

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Why?

Obvious.

JxkHfIT.png

#131 Disaster_Master

Disaster_Master

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Based on........?

#132 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

Why?

I just don't think games alone will be enough to keep people interested in the Wii U once MS and Sony release their new consoles though i hope im wrong :/

#133 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

I just don't think games alone will be enough to keep people interested in the Wii U once MS and Sony release their new consoles though i hope im wrong :/

games are what truly sells a system and makes the money. not hardware power. nintendo relized that with the wii, but made different mistakes. this time around they are more simply not making the wii's mistake and trying to recover 3rdparty. wii didnt have much support simply because other consuls had alot more power, and many games had both. if the wii even simply had uptodate hardware in 2006 it would have had alot more 3rd party support. but this time teh power difference is small enough that it doesnt mean much.

#134 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

^Even though the Wii U is powerful enough to compete with the PS4 and 720, most devs(ether because their unaware or just bias towards Nintendo) don't believe it, is my concern is whether or not Nintendo can make enough games and hold on to third-party support to prevent game droughts and keep interest in the Wii U going well after the 720 and PS4 is release.

#135 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

^Even though the Wii U is powerful enough to compete with the PS4 and 720, most devs(ether because their unaware or just bias towards Nintendo) don't believe it, is my concern is whether or not Nintendo can make enough games and hold on to third-party support to prevent game droughts and keep interest in the Wii U going well after the 720 and PS4 is release.

if cabailities only require a minor downscale and there are comparable amounts of wiiUs compared to 720's and PS4's, then ports shouldnt be a problem.

wii's problem were the capabiliites were WAY to weak, got cod ports do to a 1998 engine.

N64/gamecubes were from being less common than xbox/PS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!