• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 J03H

J03H

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

I've played a few games now, Batman Arkham City was really good and made some good uses of the gamepad. The graphics were really good, I didn't even have a HDMI cable when I had my 360 so it was the best graphics I've ever actually viewed, the whole experience of that game just left me impressed with the tablet and everything else. The second game I played was the Sonic racing one, which was enjoyable but not that great, it's fun for the occasional race and the unlockables were fun to get.

The next game I tried was Black ops 2, I have played MW2, bops and MW3 on the Xbox and enjoyed them all somewhat but thought I would get the newest one on the Wii U to play with my friend. All I can say is I'm really disappointed in this aspect, basic functions that most gamers have got used to with the xbox and playstation are just lacking, me and my friend couldn't even party up for Black ops and we had to invite each other to the lobbies we got into and usually ended up paired against each other. It feels so behind the times when it comes to playing online, I wasn't expecting too much when it came to online but I was still left unimpressed.

I really do like the Wii U, for single player games I can tell it's going to be a great experience. I knew when I bought it that the Wii U wasn't going to have the best online, but to lack such basic things has left me feeling a bit meh. Online is a massive part of games now and I can already tell I'll be having to buy a 720 or a PS4 because all my friends will be playing on that. I guess I'm just going to have to wait for the Zelda and Mario cames to eventually come out and that'll be it. 7/10

#2 DannyDirnt

DannyDirnt

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokémon, Mario, Rayman and Green Day

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

I don't think you can judge a console's online system for just one game. Wii's was good or bad depending on the game. I really liked Mario Kart Wii's but I was dissappointed with Super Smash Bros. Brawl's...

#3 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

xbox didnt have the party rooms thing when it came out... it changed OS a couple of times and they improved it... so I am sure wii U will get improvements also. I am mostly concerned about the luck of mic and audio outputs in the pro controller... more than the online wii U factions.

First of all nintendo needs hardcore players with hardcore games.. after that, nintendo will listen to its customers and it will balance wii U on their demands..
For example all this multiple controllers, is a result of casual customers... Hardcores need 1 working thing in their hands and good looking, playable games... other than that, nintendo will do its best to improve their services. Its to early to be unimpressed.. And the demand will bring the change.

I would advice you, to send feedbacks to nintendo, so you let them know what you want to see in the near feature on wii U.

Ps: even if I didnt bought wii U yet, (i will) I send a couple of email in the past to nintendo and I saw many things, that I wished to see, in wii U!! so I believe nintendo listens...

Edited by Orion, 28 December 2012 - 06:15 PM.

#4 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

The only real problem I see with the Wii U's online is no cross-game chat. I'd propose Nintendo create a cross game voice chat system into the Miiverse and make an official $20 headset and start manufacturing the pro-controller with a headset jack.

2lvmghw.png

#5 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

i think thats hard? because it needs lots of lobies? you cant chat with a 100 of people at the same time! game lobies yes.. miverse voice chat, is going to be a real wara wara... boom boom..

Edited by Orion, 28 December 2012 - 06:17 PM.

#6 J03H

J03H

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

I don't have a problem with the online if I am on my own, the stability has been really good and it's all pretty easy. It's just when you decide to try and play with a few mates, it then shows itself to lack in comparison but yeh, hopefully it'll get better eventually. I want Smash Bros. :(

#7 DannyDirnt

DannyDirnt

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokémon, Mario, Rayman and Green Day

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

I'd love to get the pro controller if it didn't cost 50 bucks...

#8 jdub stl

jdub stl

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

Yeah i think the online is pretty stable and not very laggy in my experiences and its free you cant beat that. Im sure nintendo over time will update the console to have all this stuff just like the xbox is not even close to what it was when released

#9 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

Look at how many iterations the Xbox 360's online and OS went through over the years, things will get better give it time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!