• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 caryrae73

caryrae73

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

At some point people my need to get a new gamepad because maybe it brakes or something. What would a Wii U gamepad cost and can you even get one if you needed too?

#2 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

When the games come out to support two gamepads there suppose to be put up on market. As far as price, well not exactly sure what they price it. Considering they are not out yet and the fact we do not know if the prices will be inflated as no one else will likely be making gamepads. Though I figure the whole "Wait until games come out" crap is that Nintendo is likely waiting for it to be a little cheaper for them to produce said controllers (part wise) so the prices can be lower on the market. Said market of controllers then can be purchased at a possible price that would make more people buy said controllers. Because, I doubt many people would be rushing out to buy a controller for one-hundred or so dollars. Edit: Sort of forgot to include if it breaks. Though as the poster below said, send it in for repairs. As there is currently no other method of obtaining another controller.

Edited by UnholyVision, 28 December 2012 - 03:03 PM.

#3 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

The same thing you would always do, you send it back to the manufacturer and they repair/replace it.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#4 caryrae73

caryrae73

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

The same thing you would always do, you send it back to the manufacturer and they repair/replace it.

Well yeah if it's under warranty but what if one brakes and it's out of warranty?

#5 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Well yeah if it's under warranty but what if one brakes and it's out of warranty?

Ask that question again in November 2013. All Nintendo hardware have 12mo warranty.
Posted Image

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

http://www.nintendos...pair-price-list
It's NoE, British currency, and just guide prices, but this might give you an idea about out of warranty upads.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

blimey their having a giraffe with those prices arn't they and why the hell does it cost £10 more to fix a premium.

Edited by taz546565, 29 December 2012 - 03:37 AM.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#8 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

blimey their having a giraffe with those prices arn't they and why the hell does it cost £10 more to fix a premium.

Maybe it costs 10 more for them to remove all their fingerprints :)

#9 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

I agree that minor repairs is rather expensive, but major repairs is reasonable as that likely means replacing the whole thing if you have stepped on it or something. It does have a great big LCD on the front, they don't grow on trees you know.

On the other hand, you get a full 12 month warranty on all repairs, something NO other manufacturer of ANYTHING does that I am aware of. Sony and Microsoft only give you a mere 90 days on their repairs but still charge a fortune.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 29 December 2012 - 03:49 AM.

#10 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

sony replaced my ds3 controller(out of warranty) free of charge and my vita free of charge so my experience with them is superb microsoft never helped me once terrible customer care imo.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

#11 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

If you call Nintendo I'm sure they would be able to supply you with one. Common sense.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#12 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

sony replaced my ds3 controller(out of warranty) free of charge and my vita free of charge so my experience with them is superb microsoft never helped me once terrible customer care imo.

Interesting, as I always heard the opposite that Sony are tight and charge a fortune for everything whereas my personal experience with Microsoft has always been great.

However my experience with Nintendo is far and above the best, not least the fact I can speak to someone in my own country.

#13 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

never had a problem with sony personally however ive had six yes six 360's go wrong and zero fixed by them.

#14 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

There is a company over here in the UK called very.co.uk and they have GamePads listed for £85.

#15 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Yea my ps3 had a bad hdd. They fixed it without problem. My warranty was out 3months before that happen.

Now ms idk i never took back an xbox to them because i had the bestbuy no questions ask.
Sucks tht i had 5 xboxs tho.

But yea nintendo is pretty cool. I called once about my clubnintendo stuff and they whers very nice and helpfull.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#16 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

There is a company over here in the UK called very.co.uk and they have GamePads listed for £85.

That was an error on their part and I believe its been pulled from the site. There is no guarantee that's how much they will cost if and when they are available for sale separately.

You do exactly the same thing and call Nintendo. They will repair or replace it and charge you for it.

I agree that minor repairs is rather expensive, but major repairs is reasonable as that likely means replacing the whole thing if you have stepped on it or something. It does have a great big LCD on the front, they don't grow on trees you know.
On the other hand, you get a full 12 month warranty on all repairs, something NO other manufacturer of ANYTHING does that I am aware of. Sony and Microsoft only give you a mere 90 days on their repairs but still charge a fortune.

As far as I'm aware both Sony and Microsoft give one year warranties on their consoles not just ninety days. In fact pretty much any electronic device out their has at least a one year warranty covering all costs of faults and other issues not created by the user themselves.

#17 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

I bet you could sell 1 on ebay now around £150..not that i would, ive used it more to play than the tv. But ya could sell it for alot, someone out there may have broken theirs already, or just want a 2nd as backup for when the battery dies. I wonder if you could swap gamepads mid game like that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!