YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

This is not a Wii U rant or anything.... it is a troubleshooting thing with the gamepad, I don't have problems with the hardware I think the gamepad is a pretty cool piece of tech but here's where my problem comes in.... a couple days ago I just felt like playing a Wii game, my Wii U gamepad was fully charged and when I finished playing I turned my Wii U off in Wii mode. And today I felt like playing my new Assassin's creed III game, when I turned it on... I saw my gamepad's light was red and blinking... I was so MAD! So the gamepad stays on EVEN when playing Wii games?! What could have trigged this is I put my Gamepad in sleepmode before going into Wii Mode but I am not exactly sure that's the case since I think it happened once with pikmin too!

Anyone experience this?

I wish I didn't move my save files to my Wii U... :/

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#2 Fallen

Fallen

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

Try putting the gamepad on the charging cradle the next time you play Wii games and see if it charges the gamepad/keeps it at a neutral battery life.
NNID: Hallucination
XBL: Disappearance
Steam: Manifested

#3 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

Try putting the gamepad on the charging cradle the next time you play Wii games and see if it charges the gamepad/keeps it at a neutral battery life.

I don't like charging things while I am not using them. and while they're on.... but I will charge them if they are OFF or if I am using them...

sfOI1m6.jpg

#4 Fallen

Fallen

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

I don't like charging things while I am not using them. and while they're on.... but I will charge them if they are OFF or if I am using them...

Ahh, hmm it seems like that may be your only option but I'm not 100% sure to be honest. It does seem weird that the gamepad wouldn't turn off when you're playing on the virtual Wii :s

#5 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

Ahh, hmm it seems like that may be your only option but I'm not 100% sure to be honest. It does seem weird that the gamepad wouldn't turn off when you're playing on the virtual Wii :s

Have you experienced the problem though?

sfOI1m6.jpg

#6 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

You have obviously made a mistake. If the GamePad was in sleep mode, it didn't use any charge.

#7 Fallen

Fallen

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

Have you experienced the problem though?

To be honest with you I'm picking up my Wii U tomorrow. I just made a logical assumption that if your battery dies on the gamepad when using the virtual Wii then you'd have to keep the pad on charge even if it's not being used.

However based on my experiences with the Wii, it seems that you may have to start the Wii U with a Wii Mote (if that's possible) and launch the VW with the Wii Mote. This used to happen to me with my Wii all the time whenever I'd switch between controllers and I'd forget to turn one off. I mean it's worth a try doing that.

Other than that it seems like you might just have to keep the Gamepad on charge, I'll test it out tomorrow and let you know what my experiences is.

Edited by Fallen, 29 December 2012 - 01:10 PM.

#8 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

You have obviously made a mistake. If the GamePad was in sleep mode, it didn't use any charge.

What? Did you even READ what I wrote?

sfOI1m6.jpg

#9 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

What? Did you even READ what I wrote?

Yes, multiple times. There is no way the GamePad would have lost its charge if it was in sleep mode.

#10 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Yes, multiple times. There is no way the GamePad would have lost its charge if it was in sleep mode.

You test it, Start your Wii U, check how much charge the gamepad has, go into Wii mode play for a few hours and see for yourself.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#11 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

You test it, Start your Wii U, check how much charge the gamepad has, go into Wii mode play for a few hours and see for yourself.

When I entered Wii Mode, the GamePad shut off completely. That's how it should be. When I turned the GamePad on, it doesn't connect to the console.

#12 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

When it's on Wii modethe Gamepad practically doesn't notice the Wii U as it does not work when its on Wii mode making it completely off.

#13 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

When it's on Wii modethe Gamepad practically doesn't notice the Wii U as it does not work when its on Wii mode making it completely off.

Then what did I do wrong? Was it because I put it on sleep mode before I went to Wii mode?

sfOI1m6.jpg

#14 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Then what did I do wrong? Was it because I put it on sleep mode before I went to Wii mode?

Probably. You should just leave the gamepad on as it will turn off itself when you go into Wii mode

#15 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

Probably. You should just leave the gamepad on as it will turn off itself when you go into Wii mode

I'll remember that next time... even though the power light was off...

sfOI1m6.jpg

#16 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

it only last about three hours with a full charge, i play mine for a hour or so & then connect it to the power & carry on playing as it is charging.

once i have finished playing i just leave it charging until the light goes out, you are better doing this than leaving it in sleep mode all the time.

it is quite simple really, what did you expect it never to run out of power ?

#17 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

it only last about three hours with a full charge, i play mine for a hour or so & then connect it to the power & carry on playing as it is charging.

once i have finished playing i just leave it charging until the light goes out, you are better doing this than leaving it in sleep mode all the time.

it is quite simple really, what did you expect it never to run out of power ?

Is everyone really this STUPID?! I put it in sleep mode when I am not using it... and it's NOT supposed to run out when in Wii mode idiot! And it runs at five hours at the right brightness level. I never said I ALWAYS leave it in sleep mode, I turn my Wii U off, who wouldn't?

sfOI1m6.jpg

#18 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Is everyone really this STUPID?! I put it in sleep mode when I am not using it... and it's NOT supposed to run out when in Wii mode idiot! And it runs at five hours at the right brightness level. I never said I ALWAYS leave it in sleep mode, I turn my Wii U off, who wouldn't?

You are contradicting yourself,

I put it in sleep mode when I am not using it.

i don't see what the problem is, if you have not used the Pad in a while the battery will lose power like everything else with a battery does, if you use it every day then charge it up.

when the Wii U console is on (being used) the GamePad will also be on, as soon as you press the on button on the console the GamePad turns on.

i fail to see why you are getting upset & calling people stupid, firstly it is not very nice & secondly the replies in this thread from members seems to imply that you are the stupid one for asking a stupid question.

#19 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

You are contradicting yourself,

i don't see what the problem is, if you have not used the Pad in a while the battery will lose power like everything else with a battery does, if you use it every day then charge it up.

when the Wii U console is on (being used) the GamePad will also be on, as soon as you press the on button on the console the GamePad turns on.

i fail to see why you are getting upset & calling people stupid, firstly it is not very nice & secondly the replies in this thread from members seems to imply that you are the stupid one for asking a stupid question.

Well, stupid. The Gamepad IS supposed to turn off while in Wii mode... is it not? Tell me you're not smart enough to know that...

sfOI1m6.jpg

#20 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

You seem to be the only person with a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!