• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Fallen

Fallen

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

I have a little bone to pick with Gamestop, so lately I've been trying to find a Wii U Deluxe Bundle in my city for the past week and they're literally sold out everywhere. This morning I woke up at 9am to check the store availability's in my city and it showed that all the stores got a shipment in (this is when they update that portion of the website ACCORDING to them)

So I drove to one of the Gamestops that was listed and waited outside for an hour until it opened. I go in when the guy was finished setting up etc (I gave the worker some time to settle in) and that's when I posed the question "Do you have any Wii U Deluxe bundles?" and he looked at me with the weirdest look and said "No, Nintendo shut down so we're not getting any shipments in until the end of January." I then followed up with "Are there any stores in Hamilton that have them in stock?" he just replied with a simple No and dismissed me.

Personally, it was quite the let-down. I was actually really stoked to get a Wii U (finally) but apparently Gamestop likes to mislead us a little bit with their availability locator. That is a great marketing scheme though, mislead people into thinking the item they want is in stock in hopes of them going to the store and buying something else instead.

TL;DR Gamestop is shady and I'm only realizing this now.

/endrant
NNID: Hallucination
XBL: Disappearance
Steam: Manifested

#2 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

I've never had a problem with Gamestop before, as it appears I am lucky. The people at my local gamestop are so friendly.

2lvmghw.png

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

Did you not tell the employee about the website saying the shipment was in?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

Only realizing it now? Eh, Gamestop has been shady since they first opened their stores.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

I feel your pain, man. They told me I didn't need to transfer my data when I upgraded from a 3DS to an XL. They lied. And then sold my original. With all my stuff.

#6 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

Did you not tell the employee about the website saying the shipment was in?

Yeah, I would have pulled out my phone and been like:

"So, then the website here is lying? That's false advertising and against the law. So either you show me the Wii U's you clearly have in stock, or I will be taking my business to Amazon."

#7 Fallen

Fallen

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

Ah I didn't get any notifications from the replies on here, but I got an update on the situation for those of you still interested in this.

When I got home I decided it would be a little fun to rub some salt in the wound and call the Gamestop ask if they had it in stock to be a little bit of a hassle. When I called I told them I saw on their website that they had it in stock. The guy on the phone told me it was a "glitch in their system" as I was about to hang up he says "Oh wait a second, I'm looking at 3 bundles right now! Come pick it up I'll hold it for you." I literally pokerfaced so hard. When I arrived *again* the manager thanked me for coming back and apologized for not checking/realizing their stock in store and for just assuming things.

In the end all is good and I finally got my hands on a Wii U, and Zombi U (which was on sale because it's a Ubisoft game I guess they had some Ubisoft sale today?). When I first created this thread I was pretty livid with them. Although everything worked out in the end it would've been nice if they just checked in the first place.
NNID: Hallucination
XBL: Disappearance
Steam: Manifested

#8 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

Gamestop has screwed me over on preorders multiple times! Thats why I prefer Hastings video instead. Screw GS and EB!

I have a little bone to pick with Gamestop, so lately I've been trying to find a Wii U Deluxe Bundle in my city for the past week and they're literally sold out everywhere. This morning I woke up at 9am to check the store availability's in my city and it showed that all the stores got a shipment in (this is when they update that portion of the website ACCORDING to them)

So I drove to one of the Gamestops that was listed and waited outside for an hour until it opened. I go in when the guy was finished setting up etc (I gave the worker some time to settle in) and that's when I posed the question "Do you have any Wii U Deluxe bundles?" and he looked at me with the weirdest look and said "No, Nintendo shut down so we're not getting any shipments in until the end of January." I then followed up with "Are there any stores in Hamilton that have them in stock?" he just replied with a simple No and dismissed me.

Personally, it was quite the let-down. I was actually really stoked to get a Wii U (finally) but apparently Gamestop likes to mislead us a little bit with their availability locator. That is a great marketing scheme though, mislead people into thinking the item they want is in stock in hopes of them going to the store and buying something else instead.

TL;DR Gamestop is shady and I'm only realizing this now.

/endrant

Its pretty obvious GS hates Nintendo. Probably due to lack of promotional money from them. Thats why they mainly advertise PS3/360 games instead. Besides they only support Game Informer so that tells you alot about their buisness practices just by that.

Edited by Mr.Saturn, 30 December 2012 - 06:37 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#9 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

A simple phone call would have saved you all the hassle.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!