Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

We all know when it comes to game development, Nintendo is reaally secretive. Many people in the past have expressed frustration over the fact Nintendo keeping them in the dark. I feel that the Wii U and 3DS would exceed Nintendo's expectations if the consumer knew what games they were developing. We literally don't know what Nintendo is developing for the Wii U beyond Pikmin 3, and this upsets me greatly. Sure they risk the chance of a developer stealing their idea, BUT this could happen regardless.

So what do you guys think? Do you think Nintendo shouldn't be so surreptitious?

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

They didn't want to reveal all their secrets because next year Sony and Microsoft will have their big announcements, so Nintendo will have to do it with their software.

2lvmghw.png

#3 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

I've come to expect this of Nintendo. It seems I only know about a game Nintendo is making about a week before it's released. :laugh:

#4 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

It was kinda extreme to not know how the Wii U menu looked and was like when it was one month to release.

28gxdv8.png

#5 jdub stl

jdub stl

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

The only thing I wish nintendo would have done and still should do is advertise the wii u better, Alot of people don't know what it is or they think its just a hd version of the wii.

#6 Amylittlehands

Amylittlehands

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Fandom:
    Harvest Moon

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

I'll be getting the WiiU pretty soon but what worries me is the game selection. I hope they bring out games which aren't spin off's from Mario/Zelda ... the usual, I'm not really a fan of those franchises. I really hope Nintendo up's their game and get the same games that come out on the Xbox/PS3 at the same time and not two years later. I'm pretty disappointed that Metro won't be coming out on WiiU, I think it's down to funding but things like this makes me worry about the future of the WiiU.

Anyone know of any 3rd party developers that will be developing for the WiiU at a steady pace?
Posted ImageERHMEHGERHD A Tiny cat. All the better to keep in my tiny pocket.

#7 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

Nintendo isn't the only company that isn't forthcoming with information. Most companies are like that and in fact Apple is a lot more secretive in that respect and it hasn't hurt them. I would its not going to hurt Nintendo either.

#8 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

Anyone know of any 3rd party developers that will be developing for the WiiU at a steady pace?

Ubisoft and Nintendo seem to be quite friendly at the moment, i would expect them to be releasing more games on the Wii U in the future. I would expect Activision to continue releasing some games too.

#9 dyatir

dyatir

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros, Mario, Legend of Zelda

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

I don't want them to announce games to early because that can create WAY too many hype, and announcements can be very awesome and they don't need to ruin it.

#10 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

I'll be getting the WiiU pretty soon but what worries me is the game selection. I hope they bring out games which aren't spin off's from Mario/Zelda ... the usual, I'm not really a fan of those franchises. I really hope Nintendo up's their game and get the same games that come out on the Xbox/PS3 at the same time and not two years later. I'm pretty disappointed that Metro won't be coming out on WiiU, I think it's down to funding but things like this makes me worry about the future of the WiiU.

I hope they DO realease next gen versions of both mario and zelda,i bought my wii u for nintendo games NOT 360/ps3 games,i do hope nintendo make some more new uniqe games for this console as well though.

#11 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

I find it annoying but I also understand why they do it.

As said above, firstly its because they need something big to draw attention from Microsoft and Sony next year.

Secondly, it didn't do them any good with the 3DS to tell us about loads of games it would be getting and then it turn out they wouldn't arrived for 6-12 months. It caused people to buy the console then lose interest long before the titles came out, caused a lot of negative feedback.

So I can totally see why they are keeping their cards close to their chest.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

Nope.
I think it's helping them.

Look at how little we've got from the smash bros. announcement.

What bothers me is the run-up to the wii u's e3 no other company was allowed to say anything about the console.
Loosen up on the nda's.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

I dont care. I dont freaking care if it hurts them or helps them. I WANT SCREENSHOTS OF RETROS WII U PROJECT SO BAD IT HURTS.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 susanmary428

susanmary428

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

I think Nintendo is doing what they have to do to protect their developments. I can't think of any company, especially in the tech realm, that wants to reveal too much about upcoming products too early. I have to say, I do wish there was more advertising for the Wii U. When the Wii was released, it seemed like commercials and ads were everywhere, and I just don't see that with this launch. It seems like the only information circulating is within the community of Nintendo fans, but the general public who already own a Wii aren't seeing the benefit of upgrading, IMO.
Playing Nintendo for 25 years...playing Nintendo for 50 more! @rainbow_spark

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4860-6744 / Nintendo Network ID: suzy_jose

#15 jejaynes

jejaynes

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Fandom:
    Donkey Kong, Starfox, Mario, Pikmin....

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

I think they do things like this on purpose; hold off announcements. Like Brawl, they announced it super early (same with Wii U) and there was extreme anticipation. Maybe now they are just trying to limit game announcements until the games are ready for release.

EDIT:
But I am DYING to know if a Mario Kart U is in production...

Edited by jejaynes, 02 January 2013 - 09:56 AM.

Posted Image

#16 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

If Nintendo was informative as Microsoft I can promise you that their sales would go way up! No one likes it when they dont know what they are buying. Also their lack of advertisement is failing them. Thats the reason COD sales like hotcakes.

I've come to expect this of Nintendo. It seems I only know about a game Nintendo is making about a week before it's released. :laugh:

Thats exactly their problem.

Nintendo isn't the only company that isn't forthcoming with information. Most companies are like that and in fact Apple is a lot more secretive in that respect and it hasn't hurt them. I would its not going to hurt Nintendo either.

Incorrect again I see...

Signature_DK.png

#17 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

I think secracy helps, it's a nice suprise when you wake up go on a news website and BAM!!! New Legend Of Zelda just announced been in development for 3 years and no-one knew :D

#18 Shogo

Shogo

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

I am disappointed too that we wont get Metro and Bishock Infinite. and apparently no GTA 5 either. Like with the Wii it seems the Wii U is gonna miss all the major franchises. :(
Posted Image

#19 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

If Nintendo was informative as Microsoft I can promise you that their sales would go way up! No one likes it when they dont know what they are buying. Also their lack of advertisement is failing them. Thats the reason COD sales like hotcakes.
Thats exactly their problem.
Incorrect again I see...

Nothing wrong with my comments. I suggest you stop responding to posts if you're going to be so immature and not actually post something constructive and worth reading. You have no clue about these companies and just continue acting like you do when you don't. If you weren't such a Nintendo fanboy may be you would see the light and realise that every company has its strengths and weaknesses as well as its faults and good points. This includes Nintendo.

#20 RJMacReady

RJMacReady

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

I think it might be. Some hype for upcoming Zelda and Metroid games might move some consoles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!