#1 dyatir

dyatir

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros, Mario, Legend of Zelda

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

What do you think about the way gaming evolved, do you think the graphics are too important these days, do you think old gaming days is better then the new gaming days, and what was you favorite time in gaming?

#2 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

I feel especially with First Person shooters its not exactly graphics that is a problem but instead its the "cinematic experience" these games are trying to portray which causes simplification of gameplay mechanics, hand-holding,being more cut scenes than gameplay and linear corridors. Its not a jump in graphics which caused this, graphics has always been advancing but as of this recent generation gaming has boomed in popularity which sadly means everything is simplified to be able to get the largest amount of sales.
Good News though is as of recent it seems lots of people are finally getting tired of it .

#3 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

I don't have a problem with the evolution itself, I just hate how certain developers ruin certain games by trying to keep up with the trends. I mean, look what the popularity of action and FPS did to the Resident Evil series? As far as graphics go, it only becomes a problem when they spend so much time on the graphics of the game the story or game mechanics become mediocre.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

I don't have a problem with the evolution itself, I just hate how certain developers ruin certain games by trying to keep up with the trends. I mean, look what the popularity of action and FPS did to the Resident Evil series? As far as graphics go, it only becomes a problem when they spend so much time on the graphics of the game the story or game mechanics become mediocre.

You are being distracted from the illness by the symptoms.

The reasons Resident evil went to poop is because the person responsible for the series left capcom... Precicesly when the series went to poop.

If you look around at examples of other 'ruined' franchises, 99% of them will be the same story. The new gen of developers cant hack it. Or to be more precise, the new gen of developers in the employ of the all strangulating all poisoning all smothering publishing houses cant hack it. The Indie scene is once again rife with potential where the big market is choking on stagnation. This gen all but killed off almost every big name publishing house or dev of old. Many of those that did not die are recognizing the need for change (Ubisoft talking about changing from homogenous AAA cinematic games to systemic gaming) The age of every damn game being a homogenous AAA epic is about to collapse on itself.

I will always remember this gen as one of the worst in my long, long, long history of gaming, But the good news is, it appears a pheonix is about to rise from its ashes.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gaming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!