4 replies to this topic

#1 johnodd4

johnodd4

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Here is how to backup your save data:

Please keep these in mind when doing this.

1. if you are transfering the data from one wii u to another make sure your account name is the same and your nintendo id are the same as the save file or it wont copy.

2. only certain titles allow copying.

Here is what you need.

1. a usb thumb stick 4 gb works fine

2. a wii u

3. the wii u you want to transfer to

4. your nintendo id and a new user account with the same name as the old user account on the broken or damaged wii u and the same mii design yes if you don't have a 3ds or wii remote to save and backup your mii your going to need it.

Warning this process is experimental at the least.

1. here is what you do plug in the usb thumb stick with the wii u off turn on the wii u.

2. once booted backup your mii first by selecting the mii channel on the wii u transfer it to the wii remote or a 3ds

3. now go into system settings select data management then select the console.

4. now click the title of the game listed

5. now inside the title you will notice theres game data which we dont need there is save data and user data those are what we need to backup.

6. select them select copy thats it.

once finished shut down the old wii u console

now go to the new one and connect the usb thumb stick start up the wii u for the first time create a account with the same name as the one from the old wii u and then log into your current nintendo id and your done now play the game once really quick to create save data now exit the game go into data management and select the console then select the game then delete the save data file once finished press back and back again and select the usb thumb stick select the title select the save data and copy it back.

This has confirmed working on fifa but havent tried it on anything else yet myself try it and see if it works

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

so crazy roundabout. Silly Nintendo.

good work finding this out.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 johnodd4

johnodd4

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Actually not good work finding this out there are major problems still.

this is why this is experimental

i found out you have to transfer the game data as well as the save file to transfer all of the data from one machine to another but when attempting to copy the save only i found out you cannot on all titles except fifa very weird

Games i have tried.

1. super mario bros u

2. batman arkham city

3. call of duty black ops 2

4. just dance 4

5. and nintendo land

i can confirm copying the game data and the save data and the user data does work the question of which i dont have another wii u to test it with is will it transfer and work if the same user account name and mii is on the other console

#4 KeithoMahony

KeithoMahony

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

I backed up my Wii U saves to a USB drive because I had to return my Wii U for a replacement.

I followed your guide but when I go into data management, I only have the option to go into system memory, the USB storage option is greyed out and I cannot access it (which is where all my previous saves are).

I think this is because the Wii U wants me to format the USB stick, which would obviously defeat the purpose.

So does anyone know a way around this?

#5 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

I backed up my Wii U saves to a USB drive because I had to return my Wii U for a replacement.
I followed your guide but when I go into data management, I only have the option to go into system memory, the USB storage option is greyed out and I cannot access it (which is where all my previous saves are).
I think this is because the Wii U wants me to format the USB stick, which would obviously defeat the purpose.
So does anyone know a way around this?

Was the USB not formatted originally when you transferred your saves ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!