Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

That would be the worse than how Capcom killed off Megaman (and look what that brought them!). I agree that they need to focus on more different game series but ending Mario would be pure suicide. So my answer is simple.....NEVER!!!

Signature_DK.png

#22 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

F-Zero wouldn't work on the Wii because tilt controls are too imprecise for it.

NintendoLand has an F-Zero mini game with motion controls, it works alright. Though if it was such an issue there is the other control options being as there is that attachment called the "Wii NunChuk" or even the "Classic Controller" (or even the balance board xD). Plenty of methods to work around the issues of motion controls. Not really an excuse for not having an F-Zero game.

#23 Hikaruchu

Hikaruchu

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Why would nintendo kill one of their most iconic series and cash cows? That would just be stupid.
Posted ImageMy mii QR code.

#24 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

NintendoLand has an F-Zero mini game with motion controls, it works alright. Though if it was such an issue there is the other control options being as there is that attachment called the "Wii NunChuk" or even the "Classic Controller" (or even the balance board xD). Plenty of methods to work around the issues of motion controls. Not really an excuse for not having an F-Zero game.

The Nintendoland Minigame is MUCH slower than an actual F-Zero game. Miyamoto said that he doesn't want to make an F-Zero game without adding something big to it so it doesn't get stale. If it didn't use the Wii's motion controls, there would really be no reason to make it. With the Wii U however, they could use F-Zero to show off the hd graphics and vast online capabilities of the system.

And really? The balance board?

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 14 January 2013 - 03:49 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#25 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

The Nintendoland Minigame is MUCH slower than an actual F-Zero game. Miyamoto said that he doesn't want to make an F-Zero game without adding something big to it so it doesn't get stale. If it didn't use the Wii's motion controls, there would really be no reason to make it. With the Wii U however, they could use F-Zero to show off the hd graphics and vast online capabilities of the system.

And really? The balance board?

LOL what? Not worth making if not using the motion controls. Yet it is worth making for the fact now it can be put out in a larger aspect ration and/or screen resolution. Your logic on this is absurd. By your reasoning, almost half the great games released on the Wii should not have even been released. Because they did not take advantage of the Wii motion controls so they should ultimately be stale and/or boring. Graphics and the amount of pixels displayed on the screen do not make a game more fun. It only makes the game have a bit more eye candy and that does not even make the game good in game play. Online play I can understand it being a big factor for some people, but not all. Though acting like the Wii U online is that far advanced over the Wii is crazy talk. Really the only major differences are a friends list & a social network built into the system, which do not even have to factor into the games. Being as the developer does have the choice of how far that integrates in terms of personal accomplishment posts or something along the lines of that. Even then it is a ridiculous suggestion that it is superior online when it is added. Considering you literally are jumping out of the game to load another application that completely drawls your focus away from the game at hand.

Notice the emotion (Internet emotions 101, "xD" or "XD"). I stated the balance board sort of as a pun for the fact it was seldom used, sort of as the Wii had so many attachments that were basically looked over, and/or sort of a joke of the fact it was not the best choice but it was there.

#26 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

LOL what? Not worth making if not using the motion controls. Yet it is worth making for the fact now it can be put out in a larger aspect ration and/or screen resolution. Your logic on this is absurd. By your reasoning, almost half the great games released on the Wii should not have even been released. Because they did not take advantage of the Wii motion controls so they should ultimately be stale and/or boring. Graphics and the amount of pixels displayed on the screen do not make a game more fun. It only makes the game have a bit more eye candy and that does not even make the game good in game play. Online play I can understand it being a big factor for some people, but not all. Though acting like the Wii U online is that far advanced over the Wii is crazy talk. Really the only major differences are a friends list & a social network built into the system, which do not even have to factor into the games. Being as the developer does have the choice of how far that integrates in terms of personal accomplishment posts or something along the lines of that. Even then it is a ridiculous suggestion that it is superior online when it is added. Considering you literally are jumping out of the game to load another application that completely drawls your focus away from the game at hand.

Notice the emotion (Internet emotions 101, "xD" or "XD"). I stated the balance board sort of as a pun for the fact it was seldom used, sort of as the Wii had so many attachments that were basically looked over, and/or sort of a joke of the fact it was not the best choice but it was there.

For the record, I didn't say F-Zero needed something new in order to be made, Miyamoto did. Heres a link of him saying that. http://www.nintendol...nt_a_new_f_zero

I'm not saying that hd graphics are the main reason a new f zero should be made, but it would be a great showcase to what the system could do. And graphics do affect gameplay with level design and objects on screen at once.

The Wii U's online is much more capable than the Wii's: there is less lag, an account system, dlc for more than songs for Rock Band and Just Dance, and more online games. The only good online Wii games were Mario Kart, Goldeneye, the Conduit, and Monster Hunter Tri, while the Wii U has BLOPS 2, ME3, AC3, Ninja Gaiden 3, Fifa 13, Madden 13, NBA 2K13, Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate (released in Japan at the moment)

P.S. A pun is a play-on-words. For example: What did the piece of wood say when he had nothing to do? I'm board. (Yeah I know it was awful, but it was the only one I could think of)

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 14 January 2013 - 03:50 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#27 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

should nintendo retire Mario and focus on other characters or create new ones

I feel they should do just the opposite, They need to keep milking this Mario Money Machine and make anything and everything and slap his adorable chubby Italian face on it, they should also start making him playable in all their other games..." Dont like Link? No problem play as Mario instead!"

#28 Falco

Falco

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Name one Zelda or Metroid game that sold as well as Super Mario Galaxy.

legend of zelda: ocarina of time

#29 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

legend of zelda: ocarina of time

SMG sold 10.67M.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#30 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

For the record, I didn't say F-Zero needed something new in order to be made, Miyamoto did. Heres a link of him saying that. http://www.nintendol...nt_a_new_f_zero

I'm not saying that hd graphics are the main reason a new f zero should be made, but it would be a great showcase to what the system could do. And graphics do affect gameplay with level design and objects on screen at once.

The Wii U's online is much more capable than the Wii's: there is less lag, an account system, dlc for more than songs for Rock Band and Just Dance.

The only good online Wii games were Mario Kart, Goldeneye, the Conduit, and Monster Hunter Tri, while the Wii U has BLOPS 2, ME3, AC3, Ninja Gaiden 3, Fifa 13, Madden 13, NBA 2K13, Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate (released in Japan at the moment)

P.S. A pun is a play-on-words. For example: What did the piece of wood say when he had nothing to do? I'm board. (Yeah I know it was awful, but it was the only one I could think of)

I know you only stated this as what Miyamoto said. Yet you continued on using it as an approach to further your stance of why the Wii should not have had said game. As you were suggesting it was not possible or logical to make a game with a follow up of the quote, from your original "Wii Motion Control" argument. With me refuting said ideals as they are absurd and absolutely not a reason to not make said games on a said platform. Obviously with other said attachments to make up for select flaws as motion controls are not required, nor are graphics.

Again as said above on the first part. Yeah so I can have more bloom on my map and be all super detailed. That does not effect the coding of the game play. Sure it may make things prettier and possibly easier to make out what your doing, but not the overall performance of the game. You can have very grainy 8-bit and still play worlds better without all the silly details. Not sure how you argue with this....

Your system does not connect you to this overall hub that connects you to one fits all game server. Each game has their own master servers you connect to in order to experience a sort of hub for game servers or overall connections between peoples games. Which then connects you to a server that in turn requires the said hosts to have a fair upload speed & said games server client to manage your connection packets correctly. (Being as consoles are peer to peer you have an even more downfall at that) Ultimately meaning it depends on a lot of things and the console itself does not make the overall performance overall better. Only thing that could really improve the internet play for the most part in a console upgrade would be the protocol it uses for Wireless or said port upgrade (sort of like going from 10mb cap to 1gb port). Yet it would then still come down to your connection and the connection of the said host as all the ports or wireless protocols do is allow you to take full advantage of the possibilities of your said ISP's package.

Nintendo Wii had sort of an account system in terms of store wise. Yet not the whole NNID, but what exactly if your point? NNID's do not do anything other than unify the stuff under one said name and/or Mii. Which is really targeted mainly for Miiverse to keep a sort of friend system. Still everything withing this could have been done the same way with creating an individual account for said Miiverse alone. To have said messages or alerts still appear in a form of inbox similar to how an e-mail application works to not have it tie to everything else. Heck we could have just did like the Wii and send messages via the address book with long friend codes without signing up for anything and still have Miiverse. Not saying this current method is not a grand step in the correct direction, but it is in no way a colossal improvement. As the system works all outside of the game via another application. In no way does any game take advantage of Miiverse in a none intrusive way booting you outside the game. You can't even post a screenshot truly at ease. Sure you can do it, but by the time you post a screenshot you would be dead in a game. Nintendo would have been brighter to have made the internal storage store said screenshots locally to have the games cue up a message upon the home screen. Sort of a "Screenshots [Number Taken]" to have it once pressed boot into Miiverse and allow the system to read some little temp files that stores location data of the screenshots that recently accrued to be pulled for posting. Yet it is not even that simple.

DLC can be good when it is not pre-installed to have you have to buy a code to unlock it. (Makes you feel like you're double paying, but seems like it is happening so much these days). Unless the DLC is complete crap anyway. Heck look at games like, Just Cause 2, Darksiders 2, Saints Row 3, Sleeping Dogs, and others none related to THQ or Square Enix / Edios. (Off the top of my head is the first I could think of. Though there are plenty more like them). They load you with story less junk such as costumes, characters, or whatever that really gives you nothing to the game to expand on. Yeah, my character is wearing a helmet now or I can drive this car in the single player story. Hooray, for the milking of money with DLC on some games. Ahem, my point being as DLC does not always mean improvements, but only junk to cash in for extra money that effects nothing in the overall game.

You do realize you are talking about personal preference in games right? Some people liked, "The Last Story's" online play while I personally didn't like it much. Then I am in no way a fan of any of those Wii U games you listed. However, I don't have the nerve the say "Only these games are good online games on the Wii and the Wii U has all these" related to my select preference. Oh and Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate is only an add-on to the original Wii Tri game. Not like you're getting a completely new game so you're kind of mentioning the game twice.

I know what a pun is, but your missing the point of it all. It was meant to have an innuendo behind it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, nothing you listed is reason to why the Wii should not have had an F-Zero or any other said games. It was possible by other means of attachments for controls & would have sold either way. Putting it on the Wii would not mean it would not have made a good profit.

Edited by UnholyVision, 15 January 2013 - 01:56 AM.

#31 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

I know you only stated this as what Miyamoto said. Yet you continued on using it as an approach to further your stance of why the Wii should not have had said game. As you were suggesting it was not possible or logical to make a game with a follow up of the quote, from your original "Wii Motion Control" argument. With me refuting said ideals as they are absurd and absolutely not a reason to not make said games on a said platform. Obviously with other said attachments to make up for select flaws as motion controls are not required, nor are graphics.

Again as said above on the first part. Yeah so I can have more bloom on my map and be all super detailed. That does not effect the coding of the game play. Sure it may make things prettier and possibly easier to make out what your doing, but not the overall performance of the game. You can have very grainy 8-bit and still play worlds better without all the silly details. Not sure how you argue with this....

Your system does not connect you to this overall hub that connects you to one fits all game server. Each game has their own master servers you connect to in order to experience a sort of hub for game servers or overall connections between peoples games. Which then connects you to a server that in turn requires the said hosts to have a fair upload speed & said games server client to manage your connection packets correctly. (Being as consoles are peer to peer you have an even more downfall at that) Ultimately meaning it depends on a lot of things and the console itself does not make the overall performance overall better. Only thing that could really improve the internet play for the most part in a console upgrade would be the protocol it uses for Wireless or said port upgrade (sort of like going from 10mb cap to 1gb port). Yet it would then still come down to your connection and the connection of the said host as all the ports or wireless protocols do is allow you to take full advantage of the possibilities of your said ISP's package.

Nintendo Wii had sort of an account system in terms of store wise. Yet not the whole NNID, but what exactly if your point? NNID's do not do anything other than unify the stuff under one said name and/or Mii. Which is really targeted mainly for Miiverse to keep a sort of friend system. Still everything withing this could have been done the same way with creating an individual account for said Miiverse alone. To have said messages or alerts still appear in a form of inbox similar to how an e-mail application works to not have it tie to everything else. Heck we could have just did like the Wii and send messages via the address book with long friend codes without signing up for anything and still have Miiverse. Not saying this current method is not a grand step in the correct direction, but it is in no way a colossal improvement. As the system works all outside of the game via another application. In no way does any game take advantage of Miiverse in a none intrusive way booting you outside the game. You can't even post a screenshot truly at ease. Sure you can do it, but by the time you post a screenshot you would be dead in a game. Nintendo would have been brighter to have made the internal storage store said screenshots locally to have the games cue up a message upon the home screen. Sort of a "Screenshots [Number Taken]" to have it once pressed boot into Miiverse and allow the system to read some little temp files that stores location data of the screenshots that recently accrued to be pulled for posting. Yet it is not even that simple.

DLC can be good when it is not pre-installed to have you have to buy a code to unlock it. (Makes you feel like you're double paying, but seems like it is happening so much these days). Unless the DLC is complete crap anyway. Heck look at games like, Just Cause 2, Darksiders 2, Saints Row 3, Sleeping Dogs, and others none related to THQ or Square Enix / Edios. (Off the top of my head is the first I could think of. Though there are plenty more like them). They load you with story less junk such as costumes, characters, or whatever that really gives you nothing to the game to expand on. Yeah, my character is wearing a helmet now or I can drive this car in the single player story. Hooray, for the milking of money with DLC on some games. Ahem, my point being as DLC does not always mean improvements, but only junk to cash in for extra money that effects nothing in the overall game.

You do realize you are talking about personal preference in games right? Some people liked, "The Last Story's" online play while I personally didn't like it much. Then I am in no way a fan of any of those Wii U games you listed. However, I don't have the nerve the say "Only these games are good online games on the Wii and the Wii U has all these" related to my select preference. Oh and Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate is only an add-on to the original Wii Tri game. Not like you're getting a completely new game so you're kind of mentioning the game twice.

I know what a pun is, but your missing the point of it all. It was meant to have an innuendo behind it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, nothing you listed is reason to why the Wii should not have had an F-Zero or any other said games. It was possible by other means of attachments for controls & would have sold either way. Putting it on the Wii would not mean it would not have made a good profit.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't like an f zero game on wii, as F Zero GX is one of my favorite games ever. It just doesn't have a reason to be on it. Miyamoto doesn't like making games unless there is something different about them (even the new super mario bros series has things different about each game, although it's still pushing it).

I know graphics don't matter as much as gameplay, but they are still important. Yes, games on NES are still just as playable nowadays, but because of an improvement in graphics, we can do so much more with games now. And you can't say that games such as Kirby's Epic Yarn and Okami would be just as enjoyable f they had 8 bit graphics.

About the Wii's online, what other games had a functional online system? I haven't played The Last Story yet, so I can't comment on that. Besides that, i can't think of any other games.
I can't comment on how to improve the online, as I don't know much about it. All I know is that it's not my internet connection as my xbox is lag free online. Both systems use the same wireless interntet, so I know it's not because of that.

While yes, dlc is abused a lot, there are a lot of games that use it well: New Super Mario Bros 2 has Coin Rush packs for 2.50 each. Considering each pack has 3 levels, that's about 83 cents per level. Borderlands and the sequel both added major content packs with new story additions. The Dragonborn pack for Skyrim added new story quests, a new place, more things to do, and much more, Fire Emblem Awakening added new stories on top of the existing one, new places, and new characters that feel different. Red Dead Redemption added new places, srories, and game modes, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask has new puzzles for you to download every day for free, Assassin's Creed 3 has a new story added with it, and there are much more that I can't think of.

Also, if you want an F-Zero-like game on wii, look up FAST Racing League on WiiWare. It's made by the people who did Nano Assault Neo on Wii U.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 15 January 2013 - 06:39 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#32 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

I'm not saying that I wouldn't like an f zero game on wii, as F Zero GX is one of my favorite games ever. It just doesn't have a reason to be on it. Miyamoto doesn't like making games unless there is something different about them (even the new super mario bros series has things different about each game, although it's still pushing it).

I know graphics don't matter as much as gameplay, but they are still important. Yes, games on NES are still just as playable nowadays, but because of an improvement in graphics, we can do so much more with games now. And you can't say that games such as Kirby's Epic Yarn and Okami would be just as enjoyable f they had 8 bit graphics.

About the Wii's online, what other games had a functional online system? I haven't played The Last Story yet, so I can't comment on that. Besides that, i can't think of any other games.
I can't comment on how to improve the online, as I don't know much about it. All I know is that it's not my internet connection as my xbox is lag free online. Both systems use the same wireless interntet, so I know it's not because of that.

While yes, dlc is abused a lot, there are a lot of games that use it well: New Super Mario Bros 2 has Coin Rush packs for 2.50 each. Considering each pack has 3 levels, that's about 83 cents per level. Borderlands and the sequel both added major content packs with new story additions. The Dragonborn pack for Skyrim added new story quests, a new place, more things to do, and much more, Fire Emblem Awakening added new stories on top of the existing one, new places, and new characters that feel different. Red Dead Redemption added new places, srories, and game modes, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask has new puzzles for you to download every day for free, Assassin's Creed 3 has a new story added with it, and there are much more that I can't think of.

Also, if you want an F-Zero-like game on wii, look up FAST Racing League on WiiWare. It's made by the people who did Nano Assault Neo on Wii U.

Meh, whatever this is just going to go in a circle.

Graphics do not make things enjoyable. They make things more visually inclined, but not enjoyable. Also, those two games are 2D and/or cell shaded to not really take full advantage of graphical enhancements. Meaning it is not really a huge step up from someone in the indie area, not even taking full regulations of this or that into account. Being able to skip over this flaw for that or make a smudgy globidy glop to focus more on the engine than the enhancements. 2D is basically the minimal standard for a company working on a pay check and is basically the 8-bit of today. Where no one in the big business really wants to do it much because they want to make the big time 3D hungry audience happy while also making this or that group happy. As far as Okami went well it could have been just as enjoyable with a much better graphical enhancement or less of a graphical enhancement. Then Kirby Yarn I have not really played it, but considering what it is well it could be less as well to still be good. I grew up playing stuff on an Atari 7800 Pro System and an old Apple computer so yeah I can imagine how it would look. The yarn could just be little lines and everything with not much detail and still play fairly with today's programming of game engines.

Other Wii online games: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (They ported this from the DS to the Wii so it could be clunky in some areas online), Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon (I have not played this one so I can't give an opinion. Though it was also ported either to DS or from), Animal Crossing (Have not played so can't give details. Though I still am not judging on quality based off my preference), Super Smash Bro's Brawl, Battalion Wars 2 (Three modes co-op like mode included), Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga (A lot like Monster Hunter Tri in terms of how it is played & online works), Excitebots: Trick Racing (Racing online modes), and Rockband & Guitar Hero games were suppose to have online play. At the moment that is the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. However, I am sure there is a list of games out there on the interwebs & possibly more games than we both can think up of.
Edit: http://en.wikipedia....onnection_games (A Teenage Mutant Turtles game on that list and a few others I never even played. Plus WiiWare titles, but I don't buy those things).

Wireless connections have so many flaws it could be many things. Plus Wii U supports a higher wireless protocal than the Wii. While later models of the Xbox 360 obtained N support without the doungle the Wii was stuck in the shadow of N until the Wii U. Making you have to put your network into a sort of mixed N connection if you wanted to still use your N connection, but ultimatly making it worse in the end and of course giving the G option for the Wii. Unless you were running both on the same type of wireless protocal then this would not apply. Yet, there is also distance, internet priority settings, and many other things that can be changed via your router to enchance your overall performance.

Yes, they have some good DLC when done right, but that was not my point or how any of that was aimed. I was sort of expanding it on the point of none of the content is usually online oriented or if it is it does not really make the overall online functionality of the game better. Perhaps I did leave out something in my post I honestly do not remember at the moment. While talking add-on content it is usually single player based that gets the best content. Don't get me wrong, maps are great for a more fresh feel, but not in anyway improve online play other than possibly life time. As they are not improvements to the games network code. Coming to the point that Nintendo adding said feature of DLC to be purchased has not improved the functionality of the overall end product of games being released towards the aim of online play. Being as you sort of brought up DLC as if it was a total game changer for the overall performance of online gaming.

No personally I don't care that much about F-Zero. The only thing I was saying this whole time is the stuff suggested was absurd reasoning behind why it could not have been made. Not sure how this message has not been convayed or how to put it any other way to do so for you. Also, thanks for the suggestion, but no thank you to WiiWare or eShop stuff. Until Nintendo changes its policies on things I am not touching that crap.

Edited by UnholyVision, 15 January 2013 - 11:41 PM.

#33 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

Meh, whatever this is just going to go in a circle.

Graphics do not make things enjoyable. They make things more visually inclined, but not enjoyable. Also, those two games are 2D and/or cell shaded to not really take full advantage of graphical enhancements. Meaning it is not really a huge step up from someone in the indie area, not even taking full regulations of this or that into account. Being able to skip over this flaw for that or make a smudgy globidy glop to focus more on the engine than the enhancements. 2D is basically the minimal standard for a company working on a pay check and is basically the 8-bit of today. Where no one in the big business really wants to do it much because they want to make the big time 3D hungry audience happy while also making this or that group happy. As far as Okami went well it could have been just as enjoyable with a much better graphical enhancement or less of a graphical enhancement. Then Kirby Yarn I have not really played it, but considering what it is well it could be less as well to still be good. I grew up playing stuff on an Atari 7800 Pro System and an old Apple computer so yeah I can imagine how it would look. The yarn could just be little lines and everything with not much detail and still play fairly with today's programming of game engines.

Other Wii online games: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (They ported this from the DS to the Wii so it could be clunky in some areas online), Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon (I have not played this one so I can't give an opinion. Though it was also ported either to DS or from), Animal Crossing (Have not played so can't give details. Though I still am not judging on quality based off my preference), Super Smash Bro's Brawl, Battalion Wars 2 (Three modes co-op like mode included), Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga (A lot like Monster Hunter Tri in terms of how it is played & online works), Excitebots: Trick Racing (Racing online modes), and Rockband & Guitar Hero games were suppose to have online play. At the moment that is the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. However, I am sure there is a list of games out there on the interwebs & possibly more games than we both can think up of.
Edit: http://en.wikipedia....onnection_games (A Teenage Mutant Turtles game on that list and a few others I never even played. Plus WiiWare titles, but I don't buy those things).

Wireless connections have so many flaws it could be many things. Plus Wii U supports a higher wireless protocal than the Wii. While later models of the Xbox 360 obtained N support without the doungle the Wii was stuck in the shadow of N until the Wii U. Making you have to put your network into a sort of mixed N connection if you wanted to still use your N connection, but ultimatly making it worse in the end and of course giving the G option for the Wii. Unless you were running both on the same type of wireless protocal then this would not apply. Yet, there is also distance, internet priority settings, and many other things that can be changed via your router to enchance your overall performance.

Yes, they have some good DLC when done right, but that was not my point or how any of that was aimed. I was sort of expanding it on the point of none of the content is usually online oriented or if it is it does not really make the overall online functionality of the game better. Perhaps I did leave out something in my post I honestly do not remember at the moment. While talking add-on content it is usually single player based that gets the best content. Don't get me wrong, maps are great for a more fresh feel, but not in anyway improve online play other than possibly life time. As they are not improvements to the games network code. Coming to the point that Nintendo adding said feature of DLC to be purchased has not improved the functionality of the overall end product of games being released towards the aim of online play. Being as you sort of brought up DLC as if it was a total game changer for the overall performance of online gaming.

No personally I don't care that much about F-Zero. The only thing I was saying this whole time is the stuff suggested was absurd reasoning behind why it could not have been made. Not sure how this message has not been convayed or how to put it any other way to do so for you. Also, thanks for the suggestion, but no thank you to WiiWare or eShop stuff. Until Nintendo changes its policies on things I am not touching that crap.

Yeah, we also got off topic on what this thread was about. We should just stop arguing about it, although cell shaded games do push the system, as they are harder to make than other games.

Oh, and I know that Brawl had online. It just sucks really baldly.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 16 January 2013 - 05:57 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#34 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

... i doubt there is a F-zero in development, or if there is it has begun recently. but i would like a new game. played wipeout and a little bit of f-zero, but id play it just because id want to play a new kind of racing game.

#35 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

I don't think Megaman is dead and I'm sure he will at some point reappear in a new game.

I would totally see Megaman being sold to Nintendo for some reason.
Posted Image

#36 Eggplante!

Eggplante!

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

This is a really interesting discussion. A couple of decades ago, Pepsi and Coca-Cola had about the same market share and it didn't seem to be changing for a while. So Pepsi decided they would save a bunch of money and not advertise for a while, thinking people already made their minds up and had their preference set. Well, over the next five to ten years, Coca-Cola's market share grew to nearly 80% or so, and Pepsi has never come all the way back to parity with Coca-Cola.

I think the same thing could happen if Nintendo were to abandon Mario. Sure, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Kirby, and Luigi could hold up the company, and perhaps it would be good to have a break from our favourite little plumber for a while. But without the character at least seemingly in development in a new game, Nintendo could be in for a lot of trouble. That doesn't mean that big-N needs to release a new Mario game every six months, but they can't explicitly say they're not developing any Mario games or people will be up in arms. Of course, they could just leave it for a few years between major releases, but they already do that. It's been years since a major Mario game like Galaxy 2.

Eggplante!com
video games, music, movies, concerts, photography
…and more!

#37 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Nintendo wouldn't probably survive without Mario.

As long as they keep pokemon, nintendo isn't going anywhere, trust me.

It wouldn't been such a bad thing if the next mario game didn't come till at least mid 2014.
In all seriousness, Nintendo has a bunch of other characters to utilize.
Metroid, Star Fox, Fzero, Kirby, Fire emblem, donkey kong and even smaller titles like Advance wars or game and watch.

Zelda doesn't release yearly titles, and because of that we highly anticipate the next thing. I think i can safely say, if we dont get a mario next year, we'll be ok with that.

#38 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

As long as they keep pokemon, nintendo isn't going anywhere, trust me.
It wouldn't been such a bad thing if the next mario game didn't come till at least mid 2014.
In all seriousness, Nintendo has a bunch of other characters to utilize.
Metroid, Star Fox, Fzero, Kirby, Fire emblem, donkey kong and even smaller titles like Advance wars or game and watch.
Zelda doesn't release yearly titles, and because of that we highly anticipate the next thing. I think i can safely say, if we dont get a mario next year, we'll be ok with that.

There is no way Pokemon is enough to keep Nintendo afloat. Not only is is primarily a hand held franchise it also has primarily a younger market. Regardless of the other franchises they have Mario is by far their biggest and they can't afford to nor will they temporarily or permanently retire him.

#39 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

There is no way Pokemon is enough to keep Nintendo afloat. Not only is is primarily a hand held franchise it also has primarily a younger market. Regardless of the other franchises they have Mario is by far their biggest and they can't afford to nor will they temporarily or permanently retire him.

I assure you, the pokemon franchise pulls in millions more than mario. Pokemon has an equally young and adult audience. You have to realize nintendo benefits from all avenues of pokemon via merchandise, cards, etc, and its EASILY the number one nintendo game not made by nintendo, and its not dying off anytime soon.
The point is, nintendo doesn't need to push alot of mario titles out yearly, pokemon is a solid fall back title that they can profit from. In perfect business aspect, mario and pokemon should alternate years.

Edited by umegames, 20 January 2013 - 10:18 AM.

#40 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

I assure you, the pokemon franchise pulls in millions more than mario. Pokemon has an equally young and adult audience. You have to realize nintendo benefits from all avenues of pokemon via merchandise, cards, etc, and its EASILY the number one nintendo game not made by nintendo, and its not dying off anytime soon.
The point is, nintendo doesn't need to push alot of mario titles out yearly, pokemon is a solid fall back title that they can profit from. In perfect business aspect, mario and pokemon should alternate years.

I disagree. Pokemon alone is not enough on its own to keep Nintendo going. I'm not disputing the various revenue streams it gives them but its not enough financially. And no Pokemon doesn't appeal equally to to both a young and adult audience. Sure there are adults who like it and even buy every Pokemon game released as well as the merchandise but it mostly appeals to the younger audience. Pokemon is in no way a solid fall back and Nintendo cannot retire Mario as the franchise contributes too much to its overall revenue. Pokemon is also not the number one franchise and I would say Mario is more likely to be that then Pokemon.

Mario is a far bigger franchise then Pokemon as the following link indicates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

Edited by Gamejunkie, 20 January 2013 - 10:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!