Photo

Jackie Chan calls United States most corrupt nation on earth.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Jackie Chan: The New China…The real success has been made in the past dozen of years. Our country’s president also admits they have the corruption problem, and some other stuff, but we are making progress. What I can see is our country is continuously making progress and learning. If you talk about corruption, the entire world, the America, has no corruption?

Host: America.

Jackie: The most corrupt in the world.

Host: Really?

Jackie: Of course. Where does this Great Breakdown (depression) come from? It started exactly from the world, the United States. When I was interviewed in the U.S., people asked me, I said the same thing. I said now that China has become strong, everyone is making an issue of China. If our own countrymen don’t support our country, who will support our country? We know our country has many problems. We (can) talk about it when the door is closed. To outsiders, (we should say,) “our country is the best.”

Host: So he can’t get enough of his more than 20 ambassador titles. I think the Ministry of Foreign Affairs should ask him to be the ambassador to the United States.

Jackie: Seriously, I am always like, when the door is closed, “Our country is like this and this. Who and who is not good.” But outside, “Our country is the best, like so and so, is the best.” You cannot say our country has problems (when you are outside), like “Yes, our country is bad.”

http://www.ministryo...anned-in-china/

Well, he's right. I wonder what the media will do to him.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Ness, 12 January 2013 - 10:23 PM.

#3 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Meh it's debatable this nation has many a corrupt people but you can't judge a nation by it's government etc.. there are many a good, willing and giving soul in the US but the problem is when help is given it is denied or people are to lazy or fearful to accept it

wjapt2.jpg

#4 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

Chan makes a good point. The goverment is slowly degrading and if anyone strongly disagrees then they are probably a bible-thumping hick.

Edited by Mr.Saturn, 13 January 2013 - 05:15 AM.

Signature_DK.png

#5 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

Chan makes a good point. The goverment is slowly degrading and if anyone strongly disagrees then they are probably a bible-thumping hick.

What the heck does being religious have to do with views on the government? I'm a Christian and pretty much every other Christian I know would agree that our government has fallen from grace.

Also don't confuse pride for our country with love of our government. Two very different things.

Edited by Tricky Kirito-Kun, 13 January 2013 - 06:17 AM.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#6 purin172003

purin172003

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

really? i'd say china beats it

#7 A-Leal

A-Leal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • NNID:A-Leal

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

China is truly the corrupt one. America has rights and freedoms China can't even begin to dream of.

A-Leal.png Nintendo Network ID: A-Leal 

#8 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

Well, Bane agrees.

#9 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

China is truly the corrupt one. America has rights and freedoms China can't even begin to dream of.

Sorry but I will have to disagree. Having grown up in China I feel that it is a much misunderstood country. China cant give it's people some rights because if it did then things would get out of control. China has the freedom of religion despite popular belief and they do not kill children for breaking the single child policy. And if they were to give them the freedom of press then it could cause further corruption because of it's massive population. Almost all of the rights that they don't have is simply because they cant have everyone knowing everything or else it could mean bad stuff for the government. China has moved allot in its less than 100 years of new government and is still developing. Despite its massive 4,000+ year history just remember the last dynasty ended in 1911. Remember America was considered the corrupt one while it was under the Articles of Confederation and later it changed so please don't judge my country for at least another 50 years because you just don't know it like I do. When I lived there I was just fine and it seemed no different if not better than America so you people if you have not lived there you have no right to judge.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#10 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Chan has a great point. But this is mainly an argument what is the worse of two evils.
The only reason we consider China corrupt is because it is a communistic (but not by Marxist definition) society. It has a harder rule on its people and has to make rules for its people, even if it infringes on what Americans consider rights.
America is quite corrupt due to the limited free market, which really shows who is corrupt. Corporations making choices for the people, influencing politics, and buying out politicians is a really bad sign of corruption. Plus, politics is being charged too much by religion, when it is supposed to be left out.

It really comes down to Chinese government deciding what's best for the people vs. Religion and greedy corporations taking over U.S. government policies.

#11 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

Jackie Chan has quickly become irrelevant in American cinema anyway.

#12 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

What about North Korea?

#13 s1xt6en

s1xt6en

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

He kind of has a point.

#14 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

What about North Korea?

They closed-off themselves to the world. The best is to leave them alone.
However, I wouldn't try to tick them off...

And I agree with J.Chan and Mournblade.
WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Rocketman, your rocketman
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#15 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Pointing out that other countries are more corrupt doesn't make America any less corrupt a country, so no one should bother making lists of potentially more corrupt nations.

That said, I can't really quantify how corrupt America is. I am not in any position to make quantitative statements or estimations.

#16 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

The whole world is corrupt

#17 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Sorry but I will have to disagree. Having grown up in China I feel that it is a much misunderstood country. China cant give it's people some rights because if it did then things would get out of control. China has the freedom of religion despite popular belief and they do not kill children for breaking the single child policy. And if they were to give them the freedom of press then it could cause further corruption because of it's massive population. Almost all of the rights that they don't have is simply because they cant have everyone knowing everything or else it could mean bad stuff for the government. China has moved allot in its less than 100 years of new government and is still developing. Despite its massive 4,000+ year history just remember the last dynasty ended in 1911. Remember America was considered the corrupt one while it was under the Articles of Confederation and later it changed so please don't judge my country for at least another 50 years because you just don't know it like I do. When I lived there I was just fine and it seemed no different if not better than America so you people if you have not lived there you have no right to judge.

Lol at the don't judge for another 50 years bollocks. Your intentions are noble but your notion of "don't judge for another 50 years" is absurd. I may be judging now and have every right to, on top of that there are a great many reasons to judge China. Also did you seriously just say there is no notable difference between what is by and large a second world country and a first world country? To answer your own question you did and are clearly biased (which I can't blame you for).

Indeed it is.

#18 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

if there is a selfish dude in power, bets are they are currupt, and they are everywhere.

#19 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

This is arguably true.

#20 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

'MURICA!

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!