• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

I just copied the exact news title, that is confusing!! Iwata speaks about nintendos next gen system? all ready? or its a false flag news.

http://mynintendonew...-to-turn-heads/

Here comes in my mind an old roumor.. that nintendo will release 2 systems, 1 casual and 1 hardcore.. lol

Edited by Orion, 16 January 2013 - 04:52 AM.

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

I just copied the exact news title, that is confusing!! Iwata speaks about nintendos next gen system? all ready? or its a false flag news.

http://mynintendonew...-to-turn-heads/

Here comes in my mind an old roumor.. that nintendo will release 2 systems, 1 casual and 1 hardcore.. lol

This is standard. Nintendo begins their next system the moment their current one hits store shelves.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

nintendo got the money then and they allready making a next gen...hmmm

#4 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:23 AM

If this should be true and a new Console or Mobile System would arrive any sooner than 3 years they'd loose me as a customer.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#5 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

if wii U is not capable of fighting in the front with the next xbox and ps4... then I am sure, nintendo will not destroy wii U, but it will end up casual... and give a stronger adition of wii U in a couple of years. Logical to do that... Its all about the sales. If wii U does not sale 10-20-30 million of wii Us in the next couple of years (?), what they should do?

But from what I ve seen on xbox roumors, I think wii U will be fine. They will all be GPU centric and wii U will be slightly worse than the others... but not like wii versus 360 or ps3.

Edited by Orion, 16 January 2013 - 05:36 AM.

#6 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

They usually start working on their next system right away. The wii u started being made in about 2007, and they started working on the next handheld last year

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#7 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

He could also be referring to the Wii U since It's there next gen system...
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#8 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

If they release another system soon i wont be buying anything from nintendo ever again for conning me to buy this one which i wouldnt of if i knew.

#9 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

http://www.engadget....nsole-handheld/

28gxdv8.png

#10 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

So let me get straight, Nintendo is planning to make a newer model of the Wii U that not only will compete tech-wise with the PS4 and 720 but also be compatible with the 3DS, right?

#11 blu gamepad

blu gamepad

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

So let me get straight, Nintendo is planning to make a newer model of the Wii U that not only will compete tech-wise with the PS4 and 720 but also be compatible with the 3DS, right?

No, it does not mean that. That Wii U you guys enjoy playing was in development as soon as Wii was launched. The next one they launch will be ninth generation hardware that will compete against PS5 and Xbox 1080 (or whatever its called).

Nintendo always makes the next console as soon as the current one ships. It does not mean that Wii U is a stopgap though.

#12 Shadiwulf

Shadiwulf

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

They should of did this before they started developing Wii u

a bit too late now.

#13 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

No, it does not mean that. That Wii U you guys enjoy playing was in development as soon as Wii was launched. The next one they launch will be ninth generation hardware that will compete against PS5 and Xbox 1080 (or whatever its called).

Nintendo always makes the next console as soon as the current one ships. It does not mean that Wii U is a stopgap though.

Then exactly what does this mean for Nintendo?

#14 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

Nintendo didn't do this with the Wii, why would they do it with the Wii U?

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#15 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

Two separate devisions merging into one. Better communication, 1+1=3. Maybe use software innovations to make 3ds and WiiU next gen'er and start creating ideas for the 2016.gen

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#16 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

I find it marketing wise... ONLY... I mean, if they notice in a year or two, that wii U cannot exceed their expectations, they will have a fast backup plan... thats safe, its not bad...

Because MS and SONY always start working in their system 2 years before its release and nintendo always plan their next gen system from day 1 of the prev 1... doesnt sound bad... BUT.. I hoped nintendo will make a long lifespan system, not just 5 years..And not in that prices at least!...

Tech and markets, get more expensive each time... and the 5 year lifespan at 400 euros and dollars, is not ideal... 8 years is better (3 years to get profits with 400 euro core machine for example and a price drop after 3 years with mature games for it!!! Is the ideal).

Many believe that the console feature is the combination of pads... to hit the pad market... I believe its wrong... they are wrong. My personal opinion is, that the feature consoles should be upgradable, modable and more feature proof!!! I mean, be able with a plug n play method, be able to replace a better GPU after some years, extra ram, etc... upgradable. Thats ideal for me, no need to change ur consoles every certain period of time... keep the good quality box and core and upgrade some parts on it with easy methods like plug n play.

Consoles are not costumes we change in regular bases... Consoles are the choice of ur gaming lead / experience, branded video gaming and companies forgot that...

Edited by Orion, 16 January 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Nintendo Cloud handheld 2018 ?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

Nintendo will merge its console and handheld development teams at the end of this month, as part of the first-party publisher's biggest R&D shake-up since the launch of the original DS nine years ago.

Reported by Japanese newspaper Nikkei(via MCV), the two teams will now share their expertise as they look to develop future hardware that will satisfy both its Wii and DS audiences simultaneously.
The merged team will be working out of Nintendo Japan's new $300 million R&D facility in Kyoto, which has been in construction for the last three years.

Nintendo's most recent hardware, the Wii U, has resulted in "not bad" sales over its first two months on US store shelves, according to Nintendo president Satoru Iwata, although the new console was narrowly outsold by its predecessor in December.

Much of Nintendo's 2013 lineup remains unknown, although many are expecting Microsoft and Sony to weigh in with their own new hardware announcements in the next few months, with recent rumours suggesting the next Xbox and PlayStation would retail for $350.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/nintendo-japan-merges-handheld-and-console-hardware-teams-6402465

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

http://www.gamespot....e-teams-6402465

This is the only logical path. Its been pretty obvious for a while.

Everyone should know the future of consoles are portables. Eventually, things will get so powerful it doesnt really matter anymore, then those powerful technologies will be able to be made small enough to be portable. So whats the point of consoles fixed to a tv? Just plug your just as powerful portable into the tv when at home. Its just a matter of time for when we should start.

Nintendo seems to think the time is right for them.

Their next console will be able to be a portable as well.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 Blizzaga

Blizzaga

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

“With more people using their smartphones and tablets for entertainment via the Internet, including games and videos, Nintendo aims to come up with next-generation game systems that will turn heads.”

If you look at this closely, it sounds to me like Satoru Iwata is also referring to the Wii U as well. And if you read all the Iwata Asks regarding the Wii U, it makes even more sense.

Available for Black Ops II and Sonic Transformed! Nintendo Network ID: Blizzaga

Posted Image

My Let's Plays (including Wii U!): The BlizzBox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!