• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

This is the only logical path. Its been pretty obvious for a while.

Everyone should know the future of consoles are portables. Eventually, things will get so powerful it doesnt really matter anymore, then those powerful technologies will be able to be made small enough to be portable. So whats the point of consoles fixed to a tv? Just plug your just as powerful portable into the tv when at home. Its just a matter of time for when we should start.

Nintendo seems to think the time is right for them.

Their next console will be able to be a portable as well.

dont think we are there yet. maiby for any kind of good game, but the world may just not see as good graphics and complain. releasing a new consul early woulnt be good. but they will probly be ready for releasing first again and probly with much more comparable hardware =/. but i think starting that early may be putting them somewhat behind on hardware overall. a wiiU upgrade would be interesting to see but i doubt that too

#22 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

“With more people using their smartphones and tablets for entertainment via the Internet, including games and videos, Nintendo aims to come up with next-generation game systems that will turn heads.”

If you look at this closely, it sounds to me like Satoru Iwata is also referring to the Wii U as well. And if you read all the Iwata Asks regarding the Wii U, it makes even more sense.

They are, Nintendos current test was to utilize social devices as a new conduit for word of mouth for about a game, and directly disseminating info via word of mouth unwarped by 'journalists' (Nintendo directs).

Nintendo bet very very heavily on this being sucsessful, which is why they already started miiverse.

And it HAS been successful. very, VERY successful. Nintendo has logged MILLIONS of views per nintendo direct from smart devices, and attributes animal crossings runaway sales, and i quote "with no doubt" to smart phones and tablets, with which nintendo has set up an infrastructure to use smart devices to market games via word of mouth.

It would also appear Nintendo has decided to dispose of the gaming media. Cant say i blame them.

dont think we are there yet. maiby for any kind of good game, but the world may just not see as good graphics and complain. releasing a new consul early woulnt be good. but they will probly be ready for releasing first again and probly with much more comparable hardware =/. but i think starting that early may be putting them somewhat behind on hardware overall. a wiiU upgrade would be interesting to see but i doubt that too

Tell that to Nintendo, not me. I said NINTENDO believes its time for them.

Nintendo talking about next gen systems right now means nothing. They ALWAYS do, because they ALWAYS begin the next as soon as the last is released. Miyamoto even gave away the wii u shortly after the wii released.

Of course, many people, myself included thought he was talking about holograms or some non descript future thing, but its pretty obvious now, when he said his bit about 'move games off of just the tv' he was describing the wii u, weeks after the wii launched.

Edited by 3Dude, 16 January 2013 - 03:04 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#23 Blizzaga

Blizzaga

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

What I mean to say, is that this quote isn't enough to get anxious over Wii U being abandoned for a newer console any time soon. :P

Available for Black Ops II and Sonic Transformed! Nintendo Network ID: Blizzaga

Posted Image

My Let's Plays (including Wii U!): The BlizzBox

#24 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

What I mean to say, is that this quote isn't enough to get anxious over Wii U being abandoned for a newer console any time soon. :P

elementry level pattern recognition is enough to realize that.

Every generation nintendo says they start their new system immediately upon completion of the last.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#25 Blizzaga

Blizzaga

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Which makes total sense, and I bet it's the same for the other companies as well.

Available for Black Ops II and Sonic Transformed! Nintendo Network ID: Blizzaga

Posted Image

My Let's Plays (including Wii U!): The BlizzBox

#26 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

They are, Nintendos current test was to utilize social devices as a new conduit for word of mouth for about a game, and directly disseminating info via word of mouth unwarped by 'journalists' (Nintendo directs).

Nintendo bet very very heavily on this being sucsessful, which is why they already started miiverse.

And it HAS been successful. very, VERY successful. Nintendo has logged MILLIONS of views per nintendo direct from smart devices, and attributes animal crossings runaway sales, and i quote "with no doubt" to smart phones and tablets, with which nintendo has set up an infrastructure to use smart devices to market games via word of mouth.

It would also appear Nintendo has decided to dispose of the gaming media. Cant say i blame them.

Tell that to Nintendo, not me. I said NINTENDO believes its time for them.

Nintendo talking about next gen systems right now means nothing. They ALWAYS do, because they ALWAYS begin the next as soon as the last is released. Miyamoto even gave away the wii u shortly after the wii released.

Of course, many people, myself included thought he was talking about holograms or some non descript future thing, but its pretty obvious now, when he said his bit about 'move games off of just the tv' he was describing the wii u, weeks after the wii launched.

can still say it about graphical abilities. past 9nth gen it wont matter. as for what you want your game to do, if your good at programing you can have the game do whatever you want, limitations is mostly the # of things going on and most have enough withen its ability.

#27 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

is it because they become so powerfull? or because they cant offer something stronger than that, because of the markets. As a result, PC blows the waters out of them. So the only path to survive is the mobility.

Ive read oficial news last year, that PC market doubled the last couple of years!

Edited by Orion, 17 January 2013 - 05:19 AM.

#28 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

I think he's talking about the Wii U, it's too early to talk about the next system, stocks would plummet.....

#29 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

is it because they become so powerfull? or because they cant offer something stronger than that, because of the markets. As a result, PC blows the waters out of them. So the only path to survive is the mobility.
Ive read oficial news last year, that PC market doubled the last couple of years!

Eh, the market for high end pc is growing, for now, so theyll be continuing to get more powerful.

The problem is, moores law is over. It lasted 3x longer than moore predicted, but its done for now.

While we can, for the time being, continue to roughly double the power every 18 months, it is no longer for the same price, as its no longer following dennard cpu scaling (its approaching the physical limits of soi technology) as mere die shrinks arent enough anymore.

This is only a temporary speed bump. As soon as the next technology comes to replace silicon allowing us to go smaller easier, we will see a huge boom with the return of dennard scaling and moores law. That will be an exciting time.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#30 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

That article seems extremely misleading, as to me the announcement that they are merging divisions merely suggests that they are doing what is necessary to develop the unified Nintendo Network they promised us with Wii U.

This doesn't necessarily mean they will release a new console in a year or two, but it DOES mean when they do they will be able to integrate together properly from day one, unlike the mess we had with 3DS and Wii U.

This is something Nintendo really could have done with doing a year or two ago, but I guess it was too difficult while they were in the middle of developing a new console. So they waited until both divisions were idle to merge them, makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 17 January 2013 - 03:03 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#31 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

The wii u will be around a minemum of 6 to max 8 years.

#32 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

I just copied the exact news title, that is confusing!! Iwata speaks about nintendos next gen system? all ready? or its a false flag news.

http://mynintendonew...-to-turn-heads/

Here comes in my mind an old roumor.. that nintendo will release 2 systems, 1 casual and 1 hardcore.. lol

which is casual here? Certainly not the Wii U if thats what youre implying.

Signature_Fox.png

#33 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

They should of did this before they started developing Wii u

a bit too late now.

It aint late! You just hate Nintendo Shadi.

IPs baby Ips!!!

Edited by Mr.Saturn, 24 January 2013 - 12:06 AM.

Signature_DK.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!