• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 sloutendo

sloutendo

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

I've question regarding this game. Does anyone know when it's coming out?

Nintendo UK released schledule and it's marked for March, but none of the online retailers is puting game on pre-order.
I recently emailed game.co.uk and they said they didn't got date, but on the other hand games like Wii Fit U, Aliens Colonial Marines and others are already avaliable for pre-order.

This is quote from some other forum:

About six months after the release of Hot Pursuit, Nintendo, EA, and Criterion were working on Wii U devkits to port the engine to the system. Somewhere along the line, EA got really insistent about Autolog being mandatory for anyone with a Nintendo Network ID (which, back then, did not have a name or enough information for EA to go on).

Something broke down and EA decided Need for Speed did not need to be a Wii U launch title.

Edited by sloutendo, 17 January 2013 - 07:25 AM.

#2 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Looks like the game is set to release in Japan on March 14th. Apparently, NA and Europe should get the game around that time as well.

http://www.videogame...r_march_14.html
Posted Image

#3 sloutendo

sloutendo

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

Yeah, thought so. Today it was announced details.
Wii U edition will have 3 distinctive features and also it will get SPEED PACK included!
In NA it'll launch on 19th of march for 59,99$ and 2 days later on 21st of march it'll launch in Europe for 69,99€.

The Criterion game's release date is set for Tuesday March 19 in the US and Friday March 21 across Europe.
EA says that three unique features will make the Wii U edition stand out.
The first is the option to play the entire game directly through the controller's touch screen. The second is a new co-op mode where tablet players can mess with an interactive map "to provide control and navigation assistance" for other players (who will be using Wii Remotes or Pro Pads).
"Using just their fingertips, a partner can distract pursuing cops, switch from night to day or activate enhanced performance for any car and even control the amount of traffic on the road," EA said.
Thirdly, players can use the touch screen to unlock additional items, or switch or mod their cars, without needing to pause the game.
Also bundled into the Wii U version is the 'Ultimate Speed Pack' - add-on content designed specifically for self-confessed petrol-heads and speed freaks, featuring McLaren's F1 LM, the Aventador J, the Pagani Zonda R, the Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse and the Venom GT Spyder.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/387115/need-for-speed-most-wanted-wii-u-release-date-set/

#4 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

If i didnt already have this I would have bought it.
Posted Image

#5 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Already have this on my PS3, and I'm definitely going to buy it again for my Wii U.

Also Joystiq had this picture of the Co-op on Wii U

Posted Image

LordPickleton.png

#6 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

Have it on Vita already and played it on PC, i will def get it for Wii U. I think with how awesome Criterion did on the vita version squeezing out a very near console experience on Vita that they will do a great job for the Wii U.

#7 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

this will be another ''low sales on the wii U'' ...i wonder why? ps3/360 owners already having this game before xmas. not many will buy this twice!..especially at the wiiU retail prices. not doubting it will be good, i had it on ps3, it was good...but for that reason i wouldn't buy it again. guess it depends if racing is your number 1 goto game though..

can't see it selling well though, black ops is the perfect example. its quality on the wiiU but so little users playing online...as 360/ps3 people already have it. ....i'm sure most wiiU gamers own a 360/ps3?

#8 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

I seriously do not understand why they do this. Bring games out months and months after other consoles. Seriously we got enough of older games ported to Wii U at launch.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#9 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Already have this on my PS3, and I'm definitely going to buy it again for my Wii U.

If you don't mind me asking... Why?

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#10 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

I want to show Criterion and EA that there are people who want racing games on the Wii U. It will also give me a better understanding of how racing games will play differently on the Wii U since it doesn't have analog triggers.

LordPickleton.png

#11 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

and because Cerb is a MASTER RACER!!!!

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#12 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

There better be a demo for this.

#13 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

There better be a demo for this.

There could be, they did have demos for the PS3 and 360. I found this glitch in the PS3 demo where it didn't end/restart the demo when the counter hit zero.

LordPickleton.png

#14 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

Seems like no one has figured out how to use the controller features yet.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#15 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

Seems like no one has figured out how to use the controller features yet.

What do you mean exactly?

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#16 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

I'll have to wait and see on this one. I picked up Forza Horizon for $15 and it's my favorite racing game ever. It set the bar too high for me personally. I do want a racer on my WiiU though.

#17 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

Oh wow I didn't even know that there was a NFS game coming to the Wii U...
Posted Image

#18 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

id get it because i dotn have the 360/PS3 version. same reason i got BO2 for wiiU, im already getting wiiU so i might as well get its version.

could be one of the games nintendo supposliny said not to announce yet.

also i hope it support wiimotion+ so it can actualy turn closer to a normal car wheel, and not the half turn stuff, then all of a sudden go hard the other way.

Edited by tboss, 19 January 2013 - 08:48 AM.

#19 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

I hope they sort the frame rate issues out without reducing the graphics. Had this on PC on a high end gaming rig and slowed down in frame rate on most corners. The 360 version reduced the effects and it was just OK. When EA actually start releasing quality games without focusing on churning out games just for money, I'll consider buying their games again. Until then, I'm not interested. I did buy Mass Effect 3 though but I love the trilogy of that so had to have it on the Wi U.

#20 sloutendo

sloutendo

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

I love that version will include speed pack and probably because of it it'll also be expensive. But all in all i just hope that it'll run smooth and without glitches. It was long since i played NFS. Loved Porsche 2000! That was the best, but so far from what i've seen i love new installment. Can't wait to play it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Most, Wanted, Criterion, Wii, NFS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!