Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

I have been thinking about the possibilities for great multiplayer on Metroid for Wii U and I realized that with the Wii U and it's new focus on multiplayer and onlne Nintendo could make a game with online much like the halo and COD games. With past systems Nintendo was unable to do this and I think with the Metroid prime style of gameplay it could be perfect for online play.

Either way I can't wait for the next Metroid games to come out!

What do you guys think about the next Metroid game being very online driven?

Edited by R00bot, 17 January 2013 - 08:33 PM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#2 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

I'm all for that, but really, I want an old school 2D Metroid, that'd be awesome. They could throw it on the eshop, and still make a full blown Metroid with heavy online. But it won't happen.

#3 Blizzaga

Blizzaga

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

I remember how much fun I had with Metroid Prime 2's multiplayer. Wouldn't mind seeing something like that online! :D

Available for Black Ops II and Sonic Transformed! Nintendo Network ID: Blizzaga

Posted Image

My Let's Plays (including Wii U!): The BlizzBox

#4 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

multiplayer on Metroid

No

much like the halo and COD games

Metroid game being very online driven

It's terrible and will never happen.
This is metroid not a carbon copy COD/generic shooter. The whole point of metroid is being isolated and alone of a planet that almost feels alive

#5 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

Lol leon. I'm not saying that the next metroid title should be anything like COD or Halo, hell no! That would be terrible! I'm just saying that they could make multiplayer a pretty big part of the wii u game/s just like COD and Halo have done recently. A metroid game inspired by those games would be terrible!

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

I take it you never heard of metroid prime hunters?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

I am totally down for online multiplayer in the next Metroid, assuming it's a Prime game. I loved Hunters untill the servers went dead and I still love playing Prime 2.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#8 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

never played hunters.

found echo's multyplayer pretty bad.

the prime games were a very good campain based game. online multyplayer would probly be subpar(like many campian based games), but still okay.

nintendo will probly not have a dedicated multyplayer FPS IP unless nintendo finaly lets retro do what they want.(alot left after when DKC went into development and more left after that.) they supposliny wanted to do their own thing, and ended up leaving for 343(who benefited greatly), Id softwhere, bioware, or some attempted ot make there own studio. reason i bring them up they are by far nintendos best group for those kinds of games and thus gave nintendo more of the hardcore audiance it wants now.

the easist rought to online FPS would be if nintendo took over conduit and had made it themselfs. also probly wont happen.

but i would love to see the next metroid, but good chances it will be noticably difference except the basic metroid prime gameplay.

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

never played hunters.
found echo's multyplayer pretty bad.
the prime games were a very good campain based game. online multyplayer would probly be subpar(like many campian based games), but still okay.
nintendo will probly not have a dedicated multyplayer FPS IP unless nintendo finaly lets retro do what they want.(alot left after when DKC went into development and more left after that.) they supposliny wanted to do their own thing, and ended up leaving for 343(who benefited greatly), Id softwhere, bioware, or some attempted ot make there own studio. reason i bring them up they are by far nintendos best group for those kinds of games and thus gave nintendo more of the hardcore audiance it wants now.
the easist rought to online FPS would be if nintendo took over conduit and had made it themselfs. also probly wont happen.
but i would love to see the next metroid, but good chances it will be noticably difference except the basic metroid prime gameplay.

Echoes multi stinks, Hunters multi is freaking epic.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

Metroid is a single player experience and doesn't need nor should it have any form of multiplayer. If Nintendo has any sense they will leave any new game as a single player and not tack on any pointless and not needed multiplayer.

#11 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

I wold love to see what they could do with a online only game focused in the metroid universe it wouldn't even require samus but could focus on the galactic federation, space pirates etc. world based battles space based battles the possibilitys are near endless.

#12 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

I wold love to see what they could do with a online only game focused in the metroid universe it wouldn't even require samus but could focus on the galactic federation, space pirates etc. world based battles space based battles the possibilitys are near endless.

i would like to see a ninty multyplayer game, but not metroid. but that would be something retro would probly be best at, if they arnt stuck doing something they dont want to do.(which would lead to guys leaving to join competitors)

#13 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

i wouldnt mind them doing a multiplayer,adds to the longtivity of the game for me :)

#14 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

It's terrible and will never happen.
This is metroid not a carbon copy COD/generic shooter. The whole point of metroid is being isolated and alone of a planet that almost feels alive

You could still do an excellent multiplayer mode with this. For example look at Cryis 3's hunter mode, it seems finally devs are trying to create experiences relative to the game.

This could be awesome.

Edited by PedanticGamer, 19 January 2013 - 02:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!