• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Kanden95

Kanden95

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

Like the title says, I have scratches on my Wii U gamepads touchscreen. I wanted to ask you guys, if you know any way on removing them. I tried PolyWatch (don't know if you have it in your country, it's a scratch remover for Watchglasses) and it didn't help. So I ran out of ideas of removing those.

Do you have any method on removing those scratches?

Thanks

#2 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:35 AM

why u didnt bought a screen filter from day 1? This is more improtant purchase, than a video game. There isnt much to do with fake silicon products, etc... the best way to remove them, is to turn it in and nintendo will replace the upper plastic/glass cover.

Normaly, if you add a screen protector silicon on it... Most of the scratches are not visible... try that or think about replacing the upper cover. Here is an oficial product, cheap to... http://mynintendonew...-accessory-kit/

Edited by Orion, 19 January 2013 - 06:41 AM.

#3 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

Screen protector is definitely a first purchase. The first thing I did was apply a screen protector after taking it out of the box. if that eventually gets scratched up, just remove it and replace with a new one and your screen will be minty fresh again. Seriously dude, if you get it sorted, get a screen protector on there.

#4 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

How Do you get scratches on such an awesome console, I've had my Wii U for nearly 2 months and it's still in mint condition, hell I've had a screen protectorless smartphone for nearly 2 years, still in mint condition.

#5 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

It's usually the pens that do it mate. Fingertips isn't so bad bud the pens can scratch them up hence the need for a screen protector.

#6 Kanden95

Kanden95

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Yeah I know. I usually dont get scratches either. None of my other devices with a touchscreen have scratches. I guess it's the pens that do the scratches. I saw the scratches today and opened a thread right away. Do you think that the scratches will be less visible when I apply a screen protector?

#7 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

If you put a screen cover on you may not notice the scratches as much. But it depends on how bad the scratches are.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#8 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

Huh. I've never gotten scratches on mine before! I thought I did once, but it turned out that using the stylus just made little lines of non-grease when used. xD It was solved with a good fingerprinting. :P

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#9 Kanden95

Kanden95

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

The scratches are not deep at all. They are very light but like a paranoid person like me always thinks about the worst scenario and makes a big problem of a little one, so it really annoys me. So if you mean that it could help with little scratches, then it should, because they are small as of now,

#10 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

then a screen protector silicon will do the trick, go for it.

#11 Kanden95

Kanden95

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

What do you mean by silicon screen protector? What is the difference to usual screen protectors?

#12 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

I don't have a screen projector, I've had a couple scratches and they wipe away with a drop of water and microfiber cloth.

#13 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

I dont have a screen protector and mine is fine. If your gentle with it you should have any issues. My original ds scree, still looks brand new and it's never had a protector on it.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#14 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

What do you mean by silicon screen protector? What is the difference to usual screen protectors?

this plastic sticker is silicon (I think its silicon) because they have anti scratch features... the product I gave u the link above....

Edited by Orion, 20 January 2013 - 02:26 AM.

#15 Kanden95

Kanden95

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

Yeah I'm going to buy that one. It's the one our electronic store sells, so I think I will be good with it.

#16 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

I dont have a screen protector and mine is fine. If your gentle with it you should have any issues. My original ds scree, still looks brand new and it's never had a protector on it.

Same here.

#17 Kanden95

Kanden95

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

My other screens are all fine too. I have an ipod for over 2 years now, no scratches, 3DS no scratches and so on. But I let other people play with my Wii U gamepad, too and I have the suspicion that the scratches started then.

#18 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

My other screens are all fine too. I have an ipod for over 2 years now, no scratches, 3DS no scratches and so on. But I let other people play with my Wii U gamepad, too and I have the suspicion that the scratches started then.

That's your answer then. Assuming that you take care of your stuff and are gentle with using the stylus on the screen then its probably the other people. This is the reaso. Why I don't let anyone else use anything that might suffer from such misuse.

#19 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

Light scratches usually don't show up when the screen is on. If they do then it is a deeper problem that could haunt you in the future. I know people (especially PS360 fans...esp PS3) that are pretty rough on the system and a screen protector should have been your first priority of protection. Heck, even Nintendo knew this looking at all the demo Wii U and 3DS's currently having SP.

#20 IPADDRESSROBOT

IPADDRESSROBOT

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

YES PLACE SCREEN PROTECTOR ON THERE THE SECOND YOU TAKE IT OUT THE BOX LIKE I DID SCREEN IS LIKE BRAND NEW IL CHANGE THE PROTECTOR AFTER A FEW MONTHS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!