• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 golf1410

golf1410

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

I am not sure what kind of plastic is this? It can get scratch very eazy. It is all scratched up especially the reflection from the light. Has someone try to Polish or remove scratches on wii U?
I tried Novus plastic and Scratch X. They did not work.

Do Not use this to remove scratches on the touch screen. This is for housing only.

Update
I have successfully restored the glossy wii u by using combination of Meguiar's Scratch X 2.0 and Mothers PowerBall 4Lights Headlight Restoration Kit. These two can be purchased from amazon. I was be able to removed deep scratches and hairline scratches within hours and patient.

Meguiar's Scratch X 2.0
http://www.amazon.co...0/dp/B0002UNON8

Mothers PowerBall 4Lights Headlight Restoration Kit
http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B00341MIAW

To remove hairline scratches

First, you have to use scratch X by applying on fiber cloth. Use circle motion rub it on glossy surface without pressure. No pressure at all. If you put a pressure, you will cause more hairline scratches. You do this repeatedly 5-6 times all over the wii u glossy surface. Be careful the vents. I use the tap to cover them up. This product will make your wii u cover up with some kind of white foggy. Don't worry.

Second, apply the mothers product with clean fiber cloth. This product will make your wii u shinny. Use circle motion without pressure. No pressure at all. Keep using a clean fiber cloth with this mothers product until Scratch X in the first step is gone and your wii u is shinny. Now, you can see the result with some light reflection. Repeat doing 2 steps until your wii u is perfect.

You have to be patient and don't rush. I spent hours to do this.
If you have deep scratch On wii U console. Use scratch X with some pressure rub it repeatedly. This will cause hairline scratches after the deep scratch is gone. Now, you use first two steps to remove them.

Wii u gamepad, you can use scratch X alone and it really works. I don't know why. But seem like they are not the same material. I use only scratch X and it removes scratches and it is still shinny.

Once, it is done. Protect them with some skins and silicon case.

http://www.skinomi.c...ntendowiiu.html

Use code holiday2012 at check out. Not sure it still works.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Edited by golf1410, 28 January 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#2 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

I am not sure what kind of plastic is this? It can get scratch very eazy. It is all scratched up especially the reflection from the light. Has someone try to Polish or remove scratches on wii U?
I tried Novus plastic and Scratch X. They did not work.

I'm baffled how you could have got it scratched at all. Mine is a launch console and is in pristine condition even though it has my Mac Mini sitting on top of it.

#3 golf1410

golf1410

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

You have to look closely with reflection from the light. You will see.

I'm baffled how you could have got it scratched at all. Mine is a launch console and is in pristine condition even though it has my Mac Mini sitting on top of it.

Edited by golf1410, 22 January 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#4 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

Yeah i can see very minor scratches on mine when i look closely, but theyre not noticable enough for me to be bothered about them.

#5 A W Reezy

A W Reezy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, NBA2K

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Quick tip... If you choose to use a polish or use some other chemical, be sure to spray it on a paper towel and then proceed to clean the Wii U. I know this sounds "Duh", but you'd be surprised how many people would clean a piece of electronic by drenching it with a cleaner and then wiping. Don't let a chemical inside the Wii U.

Edited by A W Reezy, 22 January 2013 - 11:04 AM.

#6 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

I have and like I said mine is pristine.

#7 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

What are you doing to get it scratched? Do you take it place from place? I have mines since launch, there's no scratches on it.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#8 currysonic

currysonic

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

I never had a reason for it to be scratched. I even move it from house to house. May I suggest RainX, a car window cleaner with that adds a water repelant layer. Some say it makes it fingerprint, but I I'm too sure. I use it to clean my cell phone all the time.

Edited by currysonic, 22 January 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#9 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Glad I got a white, any scratches or smudges are not noticable. I have my external hard drive sitting on top too and the console is still pristine.

#10 golf1410

golf1410

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Quick tip... If you choose to use a polish or use some other chemical, be sure to spray it on a paper towel and then proceed to clean the Wii U. I know this sounds "Duh", but you'd be surprised how many people would clean a piece of electronic by drenching it with a cleaner and then wiping. Don't let a chemical inside the Wii U.

The paper tower causes more scratches. I tried that. It is very sensitive surface. I am wondering what material is it. Acrylic?

What are you doing to get it scratched? Do you take it place from place? I have mines since launch, there's no scratches on it.

I was trying to wipe the dust out with microfiber cloth. It cause more scratches. It is very sensitive surface.

I never had a reason for it to be scratched. I even move it from house to house. May I suggest WindX, a car window cleaner with that adds a water repelant layer. Some say it makes it fingerprint, but I I'm too sure. I use it to clean my cell phone all the time.

Do you mean Windex?

I have and like I said mine is pristine.

I believe eventually it will have scratches anyway like a fat ps3. Not so sure what material do they use to built this wii u.

Edited by golf1410, 22 January 2013 - 05:41 PM.

#11 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

A microfibre cloth should not scratch the console at all.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#12 currysonic

currysonic

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

The paper tower causes more scratches. I tried that. It is very sensitive surface. I am wondering what material is it. Acrylic?

I was trying to wipe the dust out with microfiber cloth. It cause more scratches. It is very sensitive surface.

Do you mean Windex?

I believe eventually it will have scratches anyway like a fat ps3. Not so sure what material do they use to built this wii u.

Sorry I mean RainX, I editted it just now.

#13 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Mines covered in hairline scratches now I look closly F**K YOU GLOSSSS!!!!

Edited by UnchainedGoku, 22 January 2013 - 10:29 PM.

#14 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

Scratches just add character. I'm proud of everyone my WiiU has.

#15 golf1410

golf1410

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

I never had a reason for it to be scratched. I even move it from house to house. May I suggest RainX, a car window cleaner with that adds a water repelant layer. Some say it makes it fingerprint, but I I'm too sure. I use it to clean my cell phone all the time.

What cell phone do you have? Does it have glossy surface?

#16 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

Do you mean Windex?

I have an original launch PS3 and it doesn't have any scratches either. Even my Xbox 360 Slim which has a shiny finish is fine.

#17 currysonic

currysonic

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

What cell phone do you have? Does it have glossy surface?

LG Optimus 2X. Decent phone, first dual core phone on the market. Lags from time to time which I recently found out was due to ram usage of apps that really like to take up memory. The screen is glossy like all resistive touchscreen phones, but the back is matted.

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

Sulphuric acid.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 WaddleDee

WaddleDee

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

Rather than scratches I'm more bothered by the everlasting fingerprints on the gamepad.

#20 Limtk55

Limtk55

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

Probably a silicone case

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!