• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#81 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

Just working with what was rumored. Seems Nintendo loves crossovers at the moment what with Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, Ace attorney vs Professor Layton to name two. It seems likley with both early rumors about a Mteroid/Starfox crossover AND rumors that Retro are working on something "big" along with other rumors that they're working on two Wii U games. This could be happening.

They would have to make an awesome story line. It will be risky. But making a Star Fox game these days is by default risky. So I would, of xourse, buy both games.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#82 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Eternal darkness

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#83 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

eternal darkness 2, was ready, since gamecube age and canceled last minute!!  it will be cheeky if they work on that...  =  they didnt actually made any effort.... at all

just an HD repain like zelda hd.. lol

SO YEAH.. we may see 2 games... iternal darkness 2 (hd), we will think that its a new development... and a second game beyond that.

Edited by Plutonas, 15 March 2013 - 12:56 PM.

#84 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

Eternal darkness

Silicon Knights still owns the rights to it. Not gonna happen until SK goes bankrupt and Ninty buys the franchise. Which should be in like 2 weeks.

#85 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Silicon Knights still owns the rights to it. Not gonna happen until SK goes bankrupt and Ninty buys the franchise. Which should be in like 2 weeks.

It's so sad ¬_¬
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#86 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

NegaScott128, on 15 Mar 2013 - 07:11, said:Silicon Knights still owns the rights to it. Not gonna happen until SK goes bankrupt and Ninty buys the franchise. Which should be in like 2 weeks.

No, Silicon knights has never actually owned the rights to the franchise.

Why dont you boot it up and check the legal words on the title screen, like who owns the name program and content.
28455-eternal-darkness-sanity-s-requiem-

Thats Nintendo who owns the copyright there.

Nintendo just recieved acceptance for their fifth extension for the Eternal Darkness trademark ... Last year.

Word Mark: ETERNAL DARKNESS
Status/
Status Date:
FIFTH EXTENSION - GRANTED
12/20/2012
Serial Number: 77932350
Filing Date: 2/10/2010
Registration Number: NOT AVAILABLE
Registration Date: NOT AVAILABLE

Goods and Services: computer game programs; computer game software; electronic game programs; electronic game software; interactive electronic game programs; interactive electronic game software; interactive video game programs; interactive video game software; video game programs; video game software

Mark Description: NOT AVAILABLE
Type Of Mark: TradeMark
Published For Opposition Date: 5/25/2010

Last Applicant/Owner: Nintendo of America Inc.
Redmond, WA 98052

http://www.trademark....-77932350.html

Now, Nintendo may have some legal issues with bringing the original ED to wii u. But they own the name.... They can make a new game.

Edited by 3Dude, 15 March 2013 - 04:31 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#87 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

NegaScott128, on 15 Mar 2013 - 07:11, said:Silicon Knights still owns the rights to it. Not gonna happen until SK goes bankrupt and Ninty buys the franchise. Which should be in like 2 weeks.

No, Silicon knights has never actually owned the rights.

Why dont you boot it up and check the legal words on the title screen, like who owns the name program and content ;)

Nintendo just filed the fifth extension for the Eternal Darkness Copyright.

Then why was SK working on Eternal Darkness 2 around the same time as X-Men Legends?
http://m.kotaku.com/...s-x men-destiny

#88 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

NegaScott128, on 15 Mar 2013 - 10:38, said:Then why was SK working on Eternal Darkness 2 around the same time as X-Men Legends?

You dont know how this stuff works do you?

Silicon knights can work on whatever the hell they want. They can work on halo 5 if they want. They cant SELL IT, unless they get the permission of the copyright/trademark holder.

Which is exactly what sk was trying to do.

Its actually done all the time. Someone did it with halo for the ds to try and make a pitch to ms.

Its called a pitch. They wanted to show it to nintendo to secure a contract for eternal darkness 2.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#89 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

They are working on a Metriod Prime game I thought.

#90 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

They are working on a Metriod Prime game I thought.

Nothing has been confirmed.

No one knows what they are working on.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#91 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

No, Silicon knights has never actually owned the rights to the franchise.

Why dont you boot it up and check the legal words on the title screen, like who owns the name program and content.
28455-eternal-darkness-sanity-s-requiem-

Thats Nintendo who owns the copyright there.

Nintendo just recieved acceptance for their fifth extension for the Eternal Darkness trademark ... Last year.

Word Mark: ETERNAL DARKNESS
Status/
Status Date:
FIFTH EXTENSION - GRANTED
12/20/2012
Serial Number: 77932350
Filing Date: 2/10/2010
Registration Number: NOT AVAILABLE
Registration Date: NOT AVAILABLE

Goods and Services: computer game programs; computer game software; electronic game programs; electronic game software; interactive electronic game programs; interactive electronic game software; interactive video game programs; interactive video game software; video game programs; video game software

Mark Description: NOT AVAILABLE
Type Of Mark: TradeMark
Published For Opposition Date: 5/25/2010

Last Applicant/Owner: Nintendo of America Inc.
Redmond, WA 98052

http://www.trademark....-77932350.html

Now, Nintendo may have some legal issues with bringing the original ED to wii u. But they own the name.... They can make a new game.

I'd love Platinum games to make Eternal Darkness 2 after they've finished on Bayonetta 2. Needs to be darker, scarier and more chilling. At the same time improve the gameplay (didn't like the aiming mechanics) have harder puzzles. Obviously more realistic art style, but I heard that the reason the GC one didn't is because a lot of elements were from the N64 version), and of course all new insanity tricks and old ones with new twists (like a long system update during the game :P)

Edited by Penguin101, 16 March 2013 - 02:54 AM.

#92 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

NegaScott128, on 15 Mar 2013 - 10:38, said:Then why was SK working on Eternal Darkness 2 around the same time as X-Men Legends?

You dont know how this stuff works do you?

Silicon knights can work on whatever the hell they want. They can work on halo 5 if they want. They cant SELL IT, unless they get the permission of the copyright/trademark holder.

Which is exactly what sk was trying to do.

Its actually done all the time. Someone did it with halo for the ds to try and make a pitch to ms.

Its called a pitch. They wanted to show it to nintendo to secure a contract for eternal darkness 2.

First of all, there's a button to quote things. If you're on your phone, as I suspect you are, tap the post you want to quote, and then tap the quote button that appears. You may need to scroll down.

Second of all, I did not play the original, or any of the stuff about renewing the copyrights. I read the Kotaku article, and it said something about SK shopping around for publishers. This led me to believe they owned the rights to Eternal Darkness, when they in fact did not.

Thirdly, stop being so condescending and mean. It's not funny. It's not cool. It just makes people hate you, and puts others down.

#93 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

NegaScott128, on 15 Mar 2013 - 22:19, said:First of all, there's a button to quote things. If you're on your phone, as I suspect you are, tap the post you want to quote, and then tap the quote button that appears. You may need to scroll down.

Second of all, I did not play the original, or any of the stuff about renewing the copyrights. I read the Kotaku article, and it said something about SK shopping around for publishers. This led me to believe they owned the rights to Eternal Darkness, when they in fact did not.

Thirdly, stop being so condescending and mean. It's not funny. It's not cool. It just makes people hate you, and puts others down.

Im using the quote feature. Thats why all the information normally found in a quote, like the name and time are contained. The boards have updated their html recently, so the wiiu browser isnt quoting correctly anymore.

Quit acting like a child. I dont have the time to sugarcoat everything, and make sure i handle you with little kids gloves so i dont hurt your feelings. And neither will anyone in the real world. Better get used to it. Instead of whining about everything, be resiliant, LEARN FROM IT, and dont make the same mistake again.

The game media led you astray? Thats because the game media is incompetent and doesnt know what they are talking about, dont do research, and dont care because they feel their reader base is too complacant and stupid to ever question them.

So maybe you shouldnt blindly believe everything they say. You need to filter out the grains of truth from the bias, assumptions, incompetence, and lies.

That Kotaku article was one f the rare good ones, where the journalist actually tried. But even so, they got a lot of information wrong because they made a lot of assumptions.

With very little research, like just looking at ed's credits would tell you (or game journalists) that eternal darknesses story, characters, scenario and program, copyrights, ALL RIGHTS were reserved by nintendo.

Technically, SK WAS looking for a publisher. The only one they could get for ed2. Nintendo, which would have been an UNBELEVIABLY cushy deal had they landed it. 3-4 years or more garunteed pay.

Edited by 3Dude, 16 March 2013 - 04:38 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#94 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

3dgames has big selection of retro games (n64, gamecube, ps2, xbox, nds, wii, snes and many more) has relocated from grafton street to near liffey street just between millenium  bridge and hapenny bridge at Ormond quay lower dublin ireland

#95 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

Really really want it to be a new ip. Never was a fan of metroid prime games (liked the 2d metroids though) It would be interesting to see them make a original game. I'd love a survival horror game done by them, but thats just me.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#96 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

I'd love Platinum games to make Eternal Darkness 2 after they've finished on Bayonetta 2. Needs to be darker, scarier and more chilling. At the same time improve the gameplay (didn't like the aiming mechanics) have harder puzzles. Obviously more realistic art style, but I heard that the reason the GC one didn't is because a lot of elements were from the N64 version), and of course all new insanity tricks and old ones with new twists (like a long system update during the game :P)

i don't think it's platinum games kind of thing tbh they are more an action dev and eternal darkness was survival horror i'm sure they could poach some of capcoms staff too work on it though seeing as how the resident evil series is going action focused.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#97 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:45 AM

i don't think it's platinum games kind of thing tbh they are more an action dev and eternal darkness was survival horror i'm sure they could poach some of capcoms staff too work on it though seeing as how the resident evil series is going action focused.

Always good to have an artistic challenge. Who knows maybe it's Retro's IP?

#98 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

true but i think they are fanatical about action games if you watch any developer diaries with their boss you'd see.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

#99 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

true but i think they are fanatical about action games if you watch any developer diaries with their boss you'd see.

Damn....Ah well - bottom line is Eternal Darkness needs to be made, and it needs to look amazing..

Edited by Penguin101, 30 March 2013 - 08:03 AM.

#100 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

yeah i loved the first one only game i can think of that does multi timeline horror.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!