29 replies to this topic

#1 Duvdar

Duvdar

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

Hello All

So I have owned a 360 and a ps3. Still own the ps3. I never bought the last Wii system. I saw it in action and was not crazy about the graphics not being up to par with the 360 or ps3. Recently however in my trolling of the internet I came across a game Monster Hunter 3 coming out for the Wii U and being a big fan of games like world of warcraft I thought that game looks pretty sweet. So I am now considering buying a Wii U but had some questions...

1)What makes the Wii U stack up against other systems?

2)Are all the games made for other systems made for this one as well? Such as Assassins Creed, the new up and coming Aliens Colonial Mariners?

3)Are the graphics now on par with the other systems? I know I can look online at videos but someone who is playing it would be better to ask?

4)Can you get any original nintendo games on the Wii U? Games such as Kid Icaris and Baseball Stars?

5) What else can you tell me about it I might not know?

Again thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer this and help me make a decision

Thanks

#2 WaddleDee

WaddleDee

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

I wouldn't say Monster Hunter and WoW are the same in any way but...yeah..

1. more exclusives (and better too, in my opinion), Miiverse is amazing and makes any game (even singleplayer games) incredibly community-driven, the gamepad adds a whole new world of playing. It'll amaze you how big the awesome-factor is when you play a split-screen game with a friend for the first time and then notice it isn't splitscreen at all since one of you will be using the gamepad.

2. AC3 yes, Aliens yes. We don't know what the future brings though. It'll depend on sales and company interests.

3. They're better, though the graphics will most likely lag behind a bit once Orbis and Durango come out. Still the Wii U is very powerful and to be honest I doubt the quality difference will be that noticable unless you're overly-interested in graphics over gameplay.

4. Not all.. but Nintendo has promised the Virtual Console, meaning we'll be able to buy NES/SNES games for cheap in the eStore and play them. They'll be improved to work with the gamepad.

#3 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

alien colonial marines and assassins creed 3 coming to wii U, and AC3 was a release title... u can buy it today. Also alien colonial marines, will be the best version in wii U... with better graphics and controls than 360 and ps3. Alien colonial marines will come out in february on Wii U.

Wii U is new, more games will pop up and popping up every month. Also wii U is preparing the virtual console eshop thing.. that u will be able to enjoy old nintendo games (i think).

Personally i have a pc, so I prefer to give it some time before I buy it.

as for the question number 1 : I believe the differences are, Wii U is GPU centric, that means, needs different coding... 360 and ps3 are not GPU centric machines, they have strong CPU instead. Wii U have a much more powerful gpu and more modern features and we will see good things, when the next gen 360 and ps4 come out. Because the other 2, will be GPU centric also!... easy ports. And thats what makes it "next gen"... Also, when the next gen xbox and sony come out... wii U will be competitive.. It will not be like wii versus 360 or ps3... Maybe sony and microsoft will be 1x better, but the differenses will not be dramatic like wii was.

Edited by Orion, 27 January 2013 - 09:10 AM.

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

Hello All
So I have owned a 360 and a ps3. Still own the ps3. I never bought the last Wii system. I saw it in action and was not crazy about the graphics not being up to par with the 360 or ps3. Recently however in my trolling of the internet I came across a game Monster Hunter 3 coming out for the Wii U and being a big fan of games like world of warcraft I thought that game looks pretty sweet. So I am now considering buying a Wii U but had some questions...
1)What makes the Wii U stack up against other systems?

Not much yet if you own ps360 already, it just launched. But it appears to start seriously ramping up when we get to march.

2)Are all the games made for other systems made for this one as well? Such as Assassins Creed, the new up and coming Aliens Colonial Mariners?

Some, the ones you mentioned are.

3)Are the graphics now on par with the other systems? I know I can look online at videos but someone who is playing it would be better to ask?

Most ports are identical to insignificantly better or worse looking... Better performance than ps3, on par or a little hiccuppy to 360. Trine 2 is the pc version, not the ps360 version.

Original ground up games like monolithsofts 'X' are clearly a step above ps360 open world games like skyrim, fallout 3 dragons dogma, etc.

Posted Image

4)Can you get any original nintendo games on the Wii U? Games such as Kid Icaris and Baseball Stars?

Virtual console just launched, baloon fight is 30 cents.

5) What else can you tell me about it I might not know?

Some games record a live video feed of you. Where clothes.

Again thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer this and help me make a decision
Thanks

Edited by 3Dude, 27 January 2013 - 09:11 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 Duvdar

Duvdar

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

Thanks for the replies. I am going to do some research on more games and make a decision. I got time before Monster Hunters comes out.

#6 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

If you decide to buy a Wii U soon,I recommend getting New Super Mario Bros. U. It's a fun platformer and is a good introduction to some cool features like Miiverse and off-tv play ( playing only on the GamePad).

Everyone seemed to answer your question well though. I would agree with their responses.

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Thanks for the replies. I am going to do some research on more games and make a decision. I got time before Monster Hunters comes out.

Good luck, if you do get one you won't regret it :D

#8 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

id wait till march to get it. thats when the games start rolling in.

id place the consul at 2-2.5 times the power of current gen, roughly. close to same seems unlikly GPU rapes both, CPU is at minimum on par. 3-4x, maiby in the hands of nintendo or similar skilled developers, if has there rumored gameengine taht on par/supiorior to unreal4. compared to next gen, xbox is ruffly 1.5-2x stronger on current rumors,kennect will bring it down to on par with the consul, unless microsoft gets around it. PS4 will almost defeinitly be the strongest, but the company is also almost bankrupt so it may mean nothing if they dont recover. ports some coem alot easeir this time around. with the wii nintendo relized power =/= success but relized software makes slot mroe success. but screwed up in making hardware incabale of supporting modern tech, so only a few games like COD(uses 1998 game engine) port over. this time they did not make that mistake.

nintendo exclusives, and there work on 3rdparties and some exclusives from them would make it worthwile.

wiiU is backwords compatable, so wiigames work, so you can get the select few wiigames you missed out on. and has virtual consul(which might support PS1 if sony goes under) which should go up to gamecube games, and will likly feature the best ones. and has the best lanchline up ever so far, both other consuls are unlikly to match the lanch lineup =/

#9 Duvdar

Duvdar

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

Sony might go under? I heard they are working on a new system?

I might buy it and start with the Zombie U game. Looks like a lot of fun.

BTW do they have any system like xbox has gamer score and ps3 has trophies?

Edited by Duvdar, 27 January 2013 - 10:27 AM.

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Sony might go under? I heard they are working on a new system?

I might buy it and start with the Zombie U game. Looks like a lot of fun.

BTW do they have any system like xbox has gamer score and ps3 has trophies?

Accomplishments are left up to developers, although i prefer posting a screen of something awesome i did along with a little drawing/cartoon of my acheivment to the miiverse and my profile over trophies/acheivments any day.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

id wait till march to get it. thats when the games start rolling in.

id place the consul at 2-2.5 times the power of current gen, roughly. close to same seems unlikly GPU rapes both, CPU is at minimum on par. 3-4x, maiby in the hands of nintendo or similar skilled developers, if has there rumored gameengine taht on par/supiorior to unreal4. compared to next gen, xbox is ruffly 1.5-2x stronger on current rumors,kennect will bring it down to on par with the consul, unless microsoft gets around it. PS4 will almost defeinitly be the strongest, but the company is also almost bankrupt so it may mean nothing if they dont recover. ports some coem alot easeir this time around. with the wii nintendo relized power =/= success but relized software makes slot mroe success. but screwed up in making hardware incabale of supporting modern tech, so only a few games like COD(uses 1998 game engine) port over. this time they did not make that mistake.

nintendo exclusives, and there work on 3rdparties and some exclusives from them would make it worthwile.

wiiU is backwords compatable, so wiigames work, so you can get the select few wiigames you missed out on. and has virtual consul(which might support PS1 if sony goes under) which should go up to gamecube games, and will likly feature the best ones. and has the best lanchline up ever so far, both other consuls are unlikly to match the lanch lineup =/

I doubt Sony will ever go bankrupt anytime soon. They will probably get loads of money once they release the PS4. It would be good to have PS games on Wii U but I know it will never happen.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#12 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

I doubt Sony will ever go bankrupt anytime soon. They will probably get loads of money once they release the PS4. It would be good to have PS games on Wii U but I know it will never happen.

PS3 was costing sony money. it didnt start making them money till about 2-3 years ago.

looking at PS4 specs, it will eather A: be expensive, or B: sell at a loss they cant afford, causing them to cut specs.

but sonys ben losing milions(if not billions) for the last 2 years atleast.

they plan on cutting there TV's by 60-70% so they are closer to their demand, and not losing money on the extra.

sony will probly intentanly make a shortage on PS4's so they can sell for more and sell all they make to ensure some profit.

xbox is likly to sell at a major loss just to help ensure PS4 fails.

http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Summary?s=6758:TYO

^^sonys current longturm, they have cut operation costs but they last month was a recovery start.

http://www.stock-analysis-on.net/NYSE/Company/Sony-Corp/Financial-Statement/Income-Statement

wish they would post +/- sines on that one, but most areas show a loss.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/aug/02/sony-loss-grows-cuts-earnings-forecast

theres a artical

currently they are still doing poorly financialy, but showed a start to recovery, still way to early to tell for sure.

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

I dont think sonys going down soon, and if they do, it wont be from nintendo or microsoft, but samsung.

However, Sony will LOSE tons of money when they release the ps3, as they will need to sell it at a loss to mantain a competitive pricepoint, relying on licensing fees from software sold on their system to make up for the losses.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

^^^ companies always lose money on systems when they launch. It wouldn't be anything new for sony

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#15 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

I dont think sonys going down soon, and if they do, it wont be from nintendo or microsoft, but samsung.

However, Sony will LOSE tons of money when they release the ps3, as they will need to sell it at a loss to mantain a competitive pricepoint, relying on licensing fees from software sold on their system to make up for the losses.

Whoa Whoa Whoa wait on a second what does Samsung have to do with this? They are a phone company.

Signature_DK.png

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Whoa Whoa Whoa wait on a second what does Samsung have to do with this? They are a phone company.

They are a south Korean electronics technology company backed by the us government (like pretty much EVERY sk tech company, the us has quite a lot vested in south korea...).

Theyve come a long way from cell phones, and have taken away sonys mindshare for quality electronics, even in Japan.

Samsungs TV division in particular is eating Sony for lunch.
The japanese find samsung electronics in general to be a higher quality product at a cheaper pricepoint than Sony's.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

They are a south Korean electronics technology company backed by the us government (like pretty much EVERY sk tech company, the us has quite a lot vested in south korea...).

Theyve come a long way from cell phones, and have taken away sonys mindshare for quality electronics, even in Japan.

The japanese find samsung electronics in general to be a higher quality product at a cheaper pricepoint than Sony's.

Oh your talking about electronics in general. Im sorry.

Signature_DK.png

#18 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Posted Image

Monster hunter is a great game. You might wanna look into monolith softs new game too if you think monster hunter looks good.

Edited by R00bot, 27 January 2013 - 05:03 PM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#19 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

^^^ companies always lose money on systems when they launch. It wouldn't be anything new for sony

true, but that is contradictory to sonys plans to recover from there current financial losses. the issue is if the loss dips to far for them to support =/ but i can see them comming very close to bankrupcy the year after PS4 is released if everything else poory/doesnt recover.

both microsoft and nintendo have a safety net for if the next gen consul fails, sony has the weakest net and the one thats mostly likly to suffer from other parts of the copanies losses. id consider them falling a bad thing as it removes competition, but it also gives japan for nintendo to monapolize, making boht microsoft and nintendo virtualy invunrable for likly the next to generations.

Edited by tboss, 27 January 2013 - 05:27 PM.

#20 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

On the money. I have been saying this for a long time, and the Sony fan boys do not want to admit it. Of course, your run of the mill Sony fan boy has not looked at the Sony Entertainment division's balance sheet like I have.

true, but that is contradictory to sonys plans to recover from there current financial losses. the issue is if the loss dips to far for them to support =/ but i can see them comming very close to bankrupcy the year after PS4 is released if everything else poory/doesnt recover.

both microsoft and nintendo have a safety net for if the next gen consul fails, sony has the weakest net and the one thats mostly likly to suffer from other parts of the copanies losses. id consider them falling a bad thing as it removes competition, but it also gives japan for nintendo to monapolize, making boht microsoft and nintendo virtualy invunrable for likly the next to generations.

This is why I always find it hilarious when people talk about Nintendo being the most vulnerable of the big three to becoming a software only company. Nope it is Sony, Nintendo, then MS in terms of most exposure.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!