• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

Until now I've just been playing my brother's xbox occasionally on any games he owns or that I bought in the past couple of years. But since Wii U isn't getting the third party support I'd hoped for so far, I think I'm gonna go out and buy a cheap used xbox for upcoming 3rd party blockbusters like this. I know it's early days but I'm starting to see a pattern here and I have to say im a bit disappointed. Let's hope it improves in the second half of the year.

That and picking up dirt cheap awesome games you havent played yet will surely help you pass the time until wii u starts kickin.

I suggest dragons dogma.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#42 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

Here is the bottom line. If you are a Nintendo only console gamer than this trend is bad news no matter how you slice it. At the same time if you are a Nintendo gamer you should certainly have been able to see this trend coming since the days of the Gamecube. I never kidded myself when I bought my WiiU. I bought it for first party exclusives, and if I see third party support that is simply gravy for me. When Sony and MS release their new consoles I'm sure I will buy one of them for the third party blockbusters, and it will just depend on which one I perceive to have the better exclusives.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#43 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

Here is the bottom line. If you are a Nintendo only console gamer than this trend is bad news no matter how you slice it. At the same time if you are a Nintendo gamer you should certainly have been able to see this trend coming since the days of the Gamecube. I never kidded myself when I bought my WiiU. I bought it for first party exclusives, and if I see third party support that is simply gravy for me. When Sony and MS release their new consoles I'm sure I will buy one of them for the third party blockbusters, and it will just depend on which one I perceive to have the better exclusives.

as true as that is, it shouldnt have to be that way. now like i sad in another thread, i dont know what it takes to port games over but i think its mostly just the third parties being lazy to port to wii u with a basic feature to go on the gamepad.

#44 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

as true as that is, it shouldnt have to be that way. now like i sad in another thread, i dont know what it takes to port games over but i think its mostly just the third parties being lazy to port to wii u with a basic feature to go on the gamepad.

Developers are just scared to port to Wii U from a business standpoint, and all you have to do is sign onto Black Ops online to see why. Even if porting is easy it still takes resources that developers may not want to invest until the ball gets rolling. The same exact thing happened to the 3DS until the price got slashed, and it really will not surprise me if the same thing happens here.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#45 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

Developers are just scared to port to Wii U from a business standpoint, and all you have to do is sign onto Black Ops online to see why. Even if porting is easy it still takes resources that developers may not want to invest until the ball gets rolling. The same exact thing happened to the 3DS until the price got slashed, and it really will not surprise me if the same thing happens here.

if the price drops for the wii u, then i hope more thirds will start porting over games for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!