Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Source and NE

Nintendo and EA’s relationship has gone strangely sour following the Big N’s E3 2011 press conference. EA CEO John Riccitiello stepped out on stage and proudly spoke about his company’s excitement over the console. Since then, though, the publisher’s interest in Wii U has declined and its output has been nothing less than disappointing.

We’ve seen a couple of sports titles. We’ve also seen a late Mass Effect 3 port and late Need for Speed: Most Wanted port, the latter of which is finally coming out in March.

During EA’s financial results call today, one investor mentioned the company’s non-aggressive pursuit of Wii U and wondered what this means for consumer adoption of next-gen consoles in the future. Riccitiello, who happened to deliver a response, noted that it isn’t wise to ever count Nintendo out and praised the game-maker’s IP. However, he went on to say: “What we describe as ‘Gen 4′ is yet to come.” Does this not mean that EA – well, Riccitiello at least – feels that the Wii U isn’t next-gen?

Below is Riccitiello’s paraphrased response, as transcribed by NeoGAF’s iMax:

“Never count Nintendo out. They have great IP. You will see a bounce when they bring these IPs out. We see no correlation between Wii U sales and what we expect from other next-gen consoles, can’t talk a lot about that though. What we describe as ‘Gen 4′ is yet to come. We’re excited and investing in it.”

Looks like i'll have to buy a Durango to play ME4 -.-

Edited by Big Bowsy, 30 January 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#2 WaddleDee

WaddleDee

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

So if this isn't Gen 4 then what is?

Oh right, "next gen" is nothing but "even better graphics" nowadays.

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Gen 4?
EA are still working on the Mega Drive ?
(Some might say PS2 was the 4th generation)

Edited by Nollog, 30 January 2013 - 04:36 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

I don't think EA will pull support from the Wii U, there's too much money in developing for it to stop.

But "Gen 4"? That was in the 80's! Come on Riccitiello!

Edited by SolxBurst, 30 January 2013 - 04:38 PM.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#5 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Gen 4 is obviously Harry potter for Kinect 2.0
Posted Image

#6 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

EA.....*sigh*

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#7 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

i think ea is still butthurt that nintendo ddnt want to use their online services.

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

EA CAN KISS MY F@ A!?

#9 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

I'd like to imagine what they're enthusiasm towards Wii U would've been if they did have their network on there.

Mass Effect Trilogy for Wii U only.
Better ports of the sports games.
Perhaps Medal of Honor: Warfighter.

I also can imagine that the online sources would've been better, than bare basic like Nintendo has done.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#10 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

looks like ea wont think any console will be "next gen" gen. because if rumors are true, then the 3 consoles will be similar

wa3Nq7j.png

#11 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

EA considers n64/ps1 era first gen as they are the first 3d graphics generation.

#12 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

EA considers n64/ps1 era first gen as they are the first 3d graphics generation.

eh, snes and the genesis could be considered 3d consoles

wa3Nq7j.png

#13 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Well some of EA's recent games have been pretty mediocre at best, lets just hope that they don't end up like THQ.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#14 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

Well some of EA's recent games have been pretty mediocre at best, lets just hope that they don't end up like THQ.

Really? A lot of people I know think they should go out of business. Their business practices are horrible, their ownership of the NFL license killed any competition (so now they have slacked off with the games), and they were voted Worst Company of the Year. The only thing I care about EA is Battlefield.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#15 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

Really? A lot of people I know think they should go out of business. Their business practices are horrible, their ownership of the NFL license killed any competition (so now they have slacked off with the games), and they were voted Worst Company of the Year. The only thing I care about EA is Battlefield.

Not to mention How many employees families sued over working conditions. Ex employees compared it to slavery.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Thats pretty stupid considering commadore had full 3d gaming with the c64 and amiga.

Its pretty freaking stupid regaurdless.

I cant wait for ea to go thq

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

EA is dead... no one gives a carp crap for those fools...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#18 emmonsh

emmonsh

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

am i the only one to see 2011 e3 press conference?

#19 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

I truly do HATE EA as a company.

It all started when they cowardly monopolized the football license, taking away the superior NFL2k series. And hence forth, their game IMO have been so mediocore, and boring at best.
Only a company who lacks talent and vision would say any new kind of hardware that does something the competition doesn't do, isn't "next gen".
The fact of the matter is, just like with EVERY next gen system, using madden for example, they are to lazy to adapt and take advantage of new tech. Remember madden 2006 for xbox360? worst madden ever...madden for the DS....HORRIFIC, looked like sega genesis madden...madden for wii, instead of actually improving on the wiimotion gameplay, they dumbed it down and gave everyone big heads, small bodies and make the game silly.
Their nickle and dime DLC is ONLY beaten by capcom (though i like them as a company), and their always trying to make excuses for their laziness, and when an excuses isn't available, they want to bully and buy out the comp. since 2005 i have not supported EA and their games.

#20 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Battlefield is the only reason i want them to stay, everything else i couldn't give a dam.
Hopefully they will sell the IP eventually.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!