Photo

Could the 720 and PS4 out preform the Wii U in launch sales?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

Could the Orbis and Nextbox struggle at launch like the Wii U did?

#2 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

Knowing Nintendo's luck, probably not although I hope the Xbox 720 fails and they go bankrupt. Just sayin'.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

Well, now their target is set at 3 million in 2 months or they're failures.
I want to see how it goes.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

Could they outdo the Wii U's launch numbers? Yes, that is possible.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#5 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

I dunno, didn't the 360 and PS3 sell fairly slowly at launch? I personally think it will be a return to that.
The only reason why so many people bought the Wii at launch was for one reason, it was cheap. Helping the console to sell tremendously.

Edited by Happy Monk, 01 February 2013 - 10:09 AM.

Bring the noise.

#6 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

i hope they fail, so i can laugh at all the fanboys who kept saying that the wiiu sucks.

#7 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

It does suck though... it sucks in the discs!
Bring the noise.

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

of course its possible.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

Im thinking about going with Sony to start this time since I went with the 360 last time. I have a Wii U already so now Sony and Microsoft can battle for my money.
Posted Image

#10 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

I don't see them outperforming Wii U at all. I think they will get sales numbers in line with what we saw from both of their previous launches. Also, I hope that by the time they actually launch the Wii U sells enough hardware and attracts enough quality third party software to the platform to render them moot aside from their more niche feature points. All signs point to Orbis shipping with an HD7000 series GPU (I'm thinking 7770 or something along those lines, otherwise it will be ridiculously expensive) which doesn't offer a whole lot of actual in game performance improvement over the HD6000 series. so I'm thinking orbis, graphically, will outperform Wii U by about 30-50%, not the 4x perfomance many are expecting. Far be it from me to be an authority on that subject, though.

If Orbis IS the powerhouse that many think it will be, some speculating it shipping with a 7970 GPU and a crapton of GDDR5, it will be at least twice the price as Wii U unless they take a sharp hit on it and will not sell very well to the demographics that spend the most money on games.

#11 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Knowing Nintendo's luck, probably not although I hope the Xbox 720 fails and they go bankrupt. Just sayin'.

Even if xbox failed, I highly doubt Microsoft would go bankrupt.

#12 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

Depends on price,people simply don't have the cash now days for mega price consoles.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#13 WaddleDee

WaddleDee

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

I kinda doubt it.

Yeah, the 360 and ps3 sales were low at launch. But I think that through these years people have built up quite a lot of love for those consoles (especially due to practically every game coming to those consoles, unlike Wii) and will save up for their launch.

Can't be said for Nintendo, unfortunately. A lot of people were already reluctant to buy a Wii, then there are quite a lot who were unhappy with the Wii when they did purchase it. And then there's the overall marketing issue the Wii U has. (People not understanding the Wii U is a new console, and not an addon for the Wii. etc.)

Edit: but yeah, atleast for Orbis the price could be a huge setback on sales. Haven't been following Durango, though.

Edited by WaddleDee, 01 February 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#14 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Even if xbox failed, I highly doubt Microsoft would go bankrupt.

I suppose. I guess it will make Microsoft give up on Xbox though. Hopefully no one buys it. I will kill that one person who does.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#15 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

I suppose. I guess it will make Microsoft give up on Xbox though. Hopefully no one buys it. I will kill that one person who does.

Posted Image

#16 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

I doubt it - I think longer console cycles are bad on many levels. Being that we are coming off the longest generation ever, I think we will see less initial sales. There are so many games available for the existing consoles I think outside of the hardcore early adopters, we will see sales not as strong at launch for the upcoming gen, I think the Wii U being a year ahead of the competition, at least, will help them greatly.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#17 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

Posted Image

YEAH FAM!

#18 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

I had the ps3 first then got 360 this gen. I kind of wished I got the 360 first because I wouldn't have bothered with ps3. Im eager to see what both companies put on the table.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#19 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

Anything's possible. If Orbis and Durango can showcase impressive tech, features and launch games at a price that is reasonable and appealing to consumers, they very well could have better launches than Wii U. We shall see.
Posted Image

#20 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

They could most certainly out sell the wiiu launch. Those consoles have many fans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!